Sign in to follow this  
Masked Builder

Heroica RPG - Quest#9: Trespassers

QM Note: Yeah I just wrote 11 to make it simple.

OOC: it would still be 22 actually. Critical hit is 2 x WP + level, which in Althior's case is 22 (2 x 5 + 12). But he's in the back row so it's only half damage with a melee weapon, which makes it 11. However, due to the Dementor being Undead and thus weak against Light elemental damage it will be double damage, making it 22 again.

OOC: it would still be 22 actually. Critical hit is 2 x WP + level, which in Althior's case is 22 (2 x 5 + 12). But he's in the back row so it's only half damage with a melee weapon, which makes it 11. However, due to the Dementor being Undead and thus weak against Light elemental damage it will be double damage, making it 22 again.

QM Note: Confusing, but you're right. Fixed.

OOC: Bah, I of course meant to say that the Dementor is a Demon, but the point still stands.

QM Note: He loses his turn and attacks one of the party randomly.

so do I even need to do anything this round, or am I auto-attacking?

Edited by Sirius Black

"I just noticed, we're fighting two different Harry Potter inspired characters now!"

"We might need that fourth wall sir." :wink:

"Woopsies." :blush: Althior swung his dagger at the dementor from the back row.

"Why is it called that anyways? The fourth wall?"

"Something with shruiken throwing crusaders I believe."

"Althior, wouldn't you be much more efficient from the front row? I bet you could take out that Dementor with just one more hit if you did it from the front row instead of the back row."

"Well said!" Finnegan shoved the knife swinging at dementor Althior to the front row.

*girlyscreamfromalthior* :sing:

Results of round two of the battle with the Werewolf:

Althior vs. Dementor - Miss

Namyrra vs. Werewolf - Critical Hit

Skrall vs. Dementor - Miss

Dyric vs. Werewolf - Special Damage

Arasmyth vs. Dementor - Damage

Bob vs. Dyric - Miss

Althior swings his dagger from the front row after being pushed there but manages to miss the Dementor. Namyrra casts darkness and it affects the werewolf for a massive 38 damage! Skrall loads his crossbow, aims carefully, and lets fly! His bolt swerves to the left and it misses the dementor. Dyric attempts to land a blow on the werewolf but as he's recovering from his swing, the werewolf darts in and bits him. Since Bob was bitten by the werewolf he feels a sudden urge to lunge at Dyric but Dyric jumps out of the way and Bob shakes off the feeling.

Enemies:

Werewolf

Type: Humanoid/beast

Level: 6

Health: 2/40

Special: Poisoned Bite – Causes target to attack the party for one turn.

Drops: Potion, Bone

Dementor

Type: Demon

Level 6

Health: 28/50

Special: Petrified - The target is turned into solid rock, and becomes unable to take a turn until the battle is over or the effect is remedied.

Drops: Robe of Magi

Party:

img_2807.jpg

Skrall
(played by Waterbrick Down)

Level 7 Ranger (Party Leader)

Power: 13 (+4 against beasts)

Health: 12/12

Gold: 23

Inventory: Hunters Crossbow (WP: 6 + 4 against beasts), Potion (3), Remedy, Tonic, Smoke Bomb, Ice Bomb, Venom

althiorfinnegan2.jpg

Althior Emorith
(played by K-nut)

Level 12 1/2 Mage

Power: 17

Health: 12/16

Ether: 14/16

Gold: 268

Inventory: Dragoro (WP:3), Diamond imbued Dagger (Light elemental WP:5), Topaz (Lightning), Amethyst (Darkness), Ruby (Fire), Lightning Bomb, Potion, Tonic x2, Shovel, Bedroll, Magic Compass, Grand Tonic

heroicarpgcharacter.jpg

Arasmyth RuGard
(played by Kadabra)

Level 4 Mage

Power: 7

Health: 5/8

Ether: 7/8

Inventory: Crystalline Staff (WP: 3), Sapphire (Wind), Potion (2), Smoke Bomb

img_5038_-_copy.jpg

Bob
(played by Sirius Black)

Level 4 Mage

Health: 8/8

Ether: 8/8

Inventory: Snake Staff (WP: 3), Ruby/fire, Elemental gem, Shovel

dscf0014.jpg

Dyric Rone
(The Legonater)

Level 4 Rogue

Health: 10/10

Gold: 33

Inventory: Longsword (WP: 3), Potion, vial of Venom

ava-namyrra.jpg

Namyrra Uq
(played by Quarryman)

Level 9 Mage

Power: 14

Health: 13/13

Ether: 11/13

Gold: 45

Inventory: Lullaby wand (WP: 5, sleep-effect), Bone-staff (WP: 3), Amethyst (Darkness), Opal (Ice), Emerald (Wood), Potion, Tonic, Venom, Bedroll

Party Leader, choose the order of action.

All of you, choose your targets and the row you want to fight in. Also mention if you want to try to flee, heal or cast a magic spell, or if you want to use an item instead of attacking.

Any enemy not targeted will get a Free Hit on the party after everyone has acted.

/the dementor thrust its icy hands at Arasmyth, and he only just had time to abort his swing and move away before he was back in its clutches. He still received a glancing blow, however. and winced in pain before gritting his teeth and attacking the dementor from the back row once again.

"Ah, I love the smell of vaporized werewolf in the morning! :devil:

For an encore though, I think I shall just hit the Werewolf with my Lullaby wand from the Back row. He's almost down, so even though I'll be less efficient from the back row I think it should be enough to take him out."

"Sod this wretched contraption," Skrall shouted at his weapon. "Perhaps I should have kept my longbow after all," the ogre thought to himself as he again leveled his crossbow at the Dementor from the back row.

"Well, Namyrra seems to be holding her own," he thought to himself, "but that Althior fellow, I doubt he could hit the broad side of a barn with a barbarian's battle axe even if he had one. Perhaps we should send that butler of his into the combat, who knows, he probably would stand more of a chance than Althior at close range. Hmmmph... Mages. You can never count on 'em to get the job done unless they're throwin' spells willy nilly."

Skrall looks over at Dyric, who has keeled over from a bite from the werewolf. "Watch out you all, stay away from the rogue, don't hurt him, but don't let him get at you!" Skrall adjusts his aim, hoping that he won't have to deal with an attack from within his own party as well.

Order of Attack:

Althior

Namyrra

Skrall

Arasmyth

Bob

Dyric

Skrall raises an eye brow, "Hmmph... Mages. Maybe that butler chap will prove useful after all. "

"See? He appreciates me!"

Althior Attacks from the front row with his dagger at the dementor.

Bob shook his head slightly, as a mist seemed to clear out of his head. Glancing down, he noticed he appeared to be combating something, or someone. Looking back up again, the end of his staff appeared to be pointing... At Dyric? Bob stared in confusion. What could possibly have come over him to apparently attack a fellow hero?

"Bob is sorry, Bob does not know what came over him. Bob is glad Bob did not damage Dyric though. Bob would have been most grieved had Bob done so. Bob will avenge Bob's temporary loss in sanity by..."

Bob trailed off, noticing that Dyric's eyes appeared to be glazed over. Bob took a few cautious steps back, apparently Dyric had been affected. Deciding further apology would be futile as Dyric was apparently not currently Dyric, Bob redirected his focus once again to the battle.

"Bob will avenge Bob's temporary loss in sanity by attacking Dementor from the back row. Dementor will die!

Edited by Sirius Black

Patiently waiting for anything at all to happen in the battle Namyrra wonders if another song might be fitting to get her quest mates' spirits up.

Results of round three of the battle with the Werewolf:

Althior vs. Dementor - Miss

Namyrra vs. Werewolf - Critical Hit

Skrall vs. Dementor - Special Damage

Arasmyth vs. Dementor - Shield

Bob vs. Dementor - Miss

Dyric vs. Arasmyth - Damage

Althior lunges at the Dementor from the front row with his dagger but the dementor floats out of the way and he misses. Namyrra uses her lullaby wand on the Werewolf causing him to fall asleep allowing Namyrra to finish him off. Skrall loads a bolt and lets fly, the bolt goes straight through the dementor and the dementor uses his special on Skrall, turning him into rock. Arasmyth valiantly swings his staff at the dementor and casts a shield! Causing 7 damage to the Dementor. Bob swings his staff at the dementor but he manages to evade it. Dyric tries to attack the dementor, but since he was bitten he attacks Arasmyth and deals him 4 damage.

Enemies:

Dementor

Level 6

Health: 21/50

Special: Petrified - The target is turned into solid rock, and becomes unable to take a turn until the battle is over or the effect is remedied.

Party:

img_2807.jpg

Skrall

*Petrified*

Inventory: Hunters Crossbow (WP: 6 + 4 against beasts), Potion (3), Remedy, Tonic, Smoke Bomb, Ice Bomb, Venom

althiorfinnegan2.jpg

Althior Emorith
(played by K-nut)

Level 12 1/2 Mage

Inventory: Dragoro (WP:3), Diamond imbued Dagger (Light elemental WP:5), Topaz (Lightning), Amethyst (Darkness), Ruby (Fire), Lightning Bomb, Potion, Tonic x2, Shovel, Bedroll, Magic Compass, Grand Tonic

heroicarpgcharacter.jpg

Arasmyth RuGard
(played by Kadabra)

Level 4 Mage

Health: 1/8

Inventory: Crystalline Staff (WP: 3), Sapphire (Wind), Potion (2), Smoke Bomb

img_5038_-_copy.jpg

Bob
(played by Sirius Black)

Level 4 Mage

dscf0014.jpg

Dyric Rone
(The Legonater)

Level 4 Rogue

ava-namyrra.jpg

Namyrra Uq
(played by Quarryman)

Level 9 Mage

Health: 13/13

Inventory: Lullaby wand (WP: 5, sleep-effect), Bone-staff (WP: 3), Amethyst (Darkness), Opal (Ice), Emerald (Wood), Potion, Tonic, Venom, Bedroll

All of you, choose your targets and the row you want to fight in. Also mention if you want to try to flee, heal or cast a magic spell, or if you want to use an item instead of attacking.

Any enemy not targeted will get a Free Hit on the party after everyone has acted.

Patiently waiting for anything at all to happen in the battle Namyrra wonders if another song might be fitting to get her quest mates' spirits up.

QM Note: Gee sorry I'm taking so long! :angry:

:tongue:

"Right, one down, one to go. Seeing as none of my elemental gems are especially effective against demons (I so badly crave a diamond..) I shall cast an Ice spell at the Dementor from the Back row. Poor little opal rarely being used."

Skall watched as the two advanced mages each attacked their opponent. Namyrra easily blasted the werewolf into oblivian, while Althior once again missing the Dementor. "Sod, that mage," Skrall thought to himself, "if it hadn't been for his blasted compass I would have sent him packing paths ago." Skrall luck however didn't improve as his bolt harmlessly flew by its target and the demon fixed him in its icy glare, turning him to stone.

"Namyrra rally everyone and send that demon to..."

Bob growled in frustration as his weapon once again failed to connect with it's intended target. This seemed to be becoming a recurring result, and it was getting on his nerves. Well, at least he wasn't a ranger. If he couldn't even hit an enemy in melee combat, it would be doubly difficult for him to try to use a bow against his enemies. Resolving to try to locate a better weapon upon returning to Heroica Hall, Bob redirected his thoughts to killing the foul creature that had proved so difficult for him to destroy.

Bob will attack dementor from the back row once again. Dementor will die"

Looking around to see how the other Heroes were faring, Bob noticed Namyrra muttering to herself about equality in usage of her gemstones. Shaking his head ever so slightly at the strangeness of her actions, Bob turned back to the battle yet again, eager to take down the dementor.

Arasmyth began to swing his staff at the dementor for the third time, but his magic had built up from not being used for so long. A powerful blast off wind struck the dementor, sending it reeling. Arasmyth hardly had time to celebrate, however, as the rogue lunged at him and he recieved a long but shallow scratch from Dyric's blade. He muttered a curse under his breath then decided to drink one of his Potions in order to avoid death.

Althior repeats his attack exactly.

OOC: I'm leaving tomorrow and getting back Monday. For now I'll give WBD control of Althior.

Results of round four of the battle with the Werewolf:

Althior vs. Dementor - Special Damage

Namyrra vs. Dementor - Damage

Arasmyth - Takes Potion

Bob vs. Dementor - Hit

Dyric vs. Dementor - Hit

Althior swings his dagger at the dementor but he floats out of the way and the dementor petrifies him. Namyrra casts ice at the dementor but the ground boils, swallows him up, then once her spell has passes, spits him back out, and he hits Namyrra for 3 damage since she was in the back row. Arasmyth sees how desperate his situation is and uses one of his potions to restore his health. Bob swings his staff trying to make up for attack Dyric and hits the dementor for 3 damage since he was in the back row. Dyric swings his sword and hits the dementor for 7 damage but he was in the back row so he causes 3 damage.

Enemies:

Dementor

Level 6

Health: 15/50

Party:

img_2807.jpg

Skrall

*Petrified*

althiorfinnegan2.jpg

Althior Emorith
(played by K-nut)

Level 12 1/2 Mage
*Petrified*

heroicarpgcharacter.jpg

Arasmyth RuGard
(played by Kadabra)

Level 4 Mage

Inventory: Crystalline Staff (WP: 3), Sapphire (Wind), Potion, Smoke Bomb

img_5038_-_copy.jpg

Bob
(played by Sirius Black)

Level 4 Mage

dscf0014.jpg

Dyric Rone
(The Legonater)

Level 4 Rogue

ava-namyrra.jpg

Namyrra Uq
(played by Quarryman)

Level 9 Mage

Health: 10/13

QM Note: Sorry Legonater, but I'm in the mood to move the quest on. You weren't be hurt that badly anyways.

Arasmyth downed the green liquid, immediately feeling refreshed. "Well, I guess alchemy is good for some things, after all." he said, then readied himself and swung his staff from the back row at the Dementor.

Edited by Kadabra