Looks good are you going to share what functions you plan on having?

Compressor

Slew

Legs

Mayby rear legs

Rasie lower legs (this would mean you are going to build new legs)

That is only five functions out of eight.:sweet:

Edited by Alasdair Ryan

only four functions, because i only want control the crane and the outriggers. I think with the next two pictures you will see it more clear.

6917041297_80f38d1127.jpg

6917041993_816ee9474e.jpg

it is not complete, the levers will be centered by rubberbands, to let the functions stop, when it is no finger on the lever.

Why are you using four gear driving ring's/gear change piece's,this takes up a lot of room,you should only need two gear change piece's.:classic:

Edited by Alasdair Ryan

one lever is for one function and both directions of this function. i dont need a electrical switch to change the directions.

This might be a silly question, but are you still working on 9397. I ask because the colour scheme to me doesn't say this.

yes this is for the logging truck.

red is the chassis, yellow is part of the crane system, and black is the bodywork

Ah clever German engineering again.:laugh:

:laugh: :laugh: .

Nice progress. I would never have thought to have a mechanical solution to what is often solved electrically.

tim

looks even better. is there anyway to bring the crane just a little closer to the wall? Or will the crrane arm go there? At the moment it looks a little empty :sceptic: .

tim

I actually think it's an ok distance away, as the Grapple ( forgotten real name ) will go there when the crane folds back on itself. Or at least I prosume it will.

Suppose there nothing wrong with big gaps, but it just doesn't look the same, maybe a bit empty.

Edited by Robert M

Very clever, a much more attractive solution that the previous one, a lot closer to the original.

some things in motion

the center function has to less friction outside of the driving rings to stop immediately

The archetype of my logging truck is a peterbilt 359 and the crane should look like a US logging Crane.

I love the technique you used for controlling the gear shifter, it is very original. would you mind showing that system in more detail?

tim

do you want details from the direction reverser or from the control of the direction reverser?

um both :wacko: . i dont know what you are asking :sad: .

tim

Yah, me too. I want to see how that gearshifter works in detail (the yellow gearshifter).