Sign in to follow this  
SONIC883

WIP: Heavy Narrow Gauge Steamer

Hi,

this is my first MOC, a Heavy narrow-gauge steam loco. At this time I haven't a huge brick storage, so I can't go on.

Actual I haven't any ideas to go on with the interieur or the roof.

What do you think?

-Kai

This looks promising 'SONIC883'. It's a great color choice. I'm not one to offer advice on engine MOC, as mine are mediocre, let alone steam engines but, maybe take some cab cues from the Emerald Night. I look forward to see this progress, best of luck default_classic.gif

Nice start, Sonic.

Interesting solution for the wheels. Do they spin freely and stay aligned or is it a cosmetic design?

I've been toying with some ideas for a narrow gauge train to run on my Alien Mothership tracks so it will be really interesting to see what you come up with.

I'll be trying to work out some kind of motorised solution so my first effort will likely be an ugly prototype with PF bits everywhere.

Good luck with your build.

:classic: :classic:

Thank you for your comments

The most parts for this moc came from the Brickmaster:Star Wars book. I need some more dark blue slope(?-the curved 3x1 parts). But I am not very firm with Bricklink. I must have a look.

I have many ideas, but when you havent a good choise of bricks it isn't fun to experiment with some constructions. And I am not good in LDD or other CAD programs...

With the EN cabine was my idea, too, but the cabin becomes higer as the EN one. Because of this there must be a splitted windows in the front.

The Wheels and the axle is only temporary. I have no bricks with a hole (2x1 technic, ...), so I use this one to get the wheels in place and use it for the front, too. There I will late use light gray saber blades for it

It is a good start. But yes, I agree MOCing with out a good brick selection is not so much fun, more frustrating.

Don't be put off by Bricklink, it looks complicated but really it is not. I only started using it earlier this year and it was daunting until you get into it then it is simple. Really you don't need to bother looking at most of the options. What I did was choose a supplier that looked good for a test run and just made a small order first. Once I was satisfied then I ordered some more. Now I have about half a dozen sellers I use regularly and that I know give a good service.