Sign in to follow this  
Wiseman_2

MOC: Cherry Picker

I recently finished a Cherry Picker I've been wanting to build for a while. It took me ages to come up with a solution for the upper boom, as originally I had a linkage system in mind but getting it right was driving me nuts. So I went with the easier pneumatic system.

I wanted it to be about the size of 8258, which I think I managed. Also, like that set, this uses 1 XL motor to control four mechanisms, with two switching rings and a polarity switch. The motor can raise the bucket, extend the telescoping section, rotate it, and deploy the stabilizers. There is a V8 engine powered by two rear differentials, and manual steering.

6144872716_c1c95ef6f9_m.jpg 6144337815_dd70efeca8_m.jpg 6144937290_aa452b6797_m.jpg

Apologies for the clutter in the photos, the rest of which can be found at my Flickr :classic:

nice design

You really made it in size of the 8258

how high does it go

1 minus the outrigger seems to be a little bit small for it's size:sceptic:

but nice moc

haha you made the yellow 8258 and a cherry picker :thumbup:

i like it

Edited by olaf9198

Great job, to me it looks like a possible D-model of the 8258 (since someone already made a C-model :wink: )

So > Instructions! :devil::grin:

Really like to build this.

Would you say it is possible to build with only parts from 8258?

Wow very impressive MOC. It looks very good for its small size. Is there a video?

tim

I did shoot some *very* amateur video, but it needs editing and unfortunately I don't have a QuickTime video editor, nor a method to convert (the files are too large for the free net converters).

Great job, to me it looks like a possible D-model of the 8258 (since someone already made a C-model :wink: )

So > Instructions! :devil::grin:

Really like to build this.

Would you say it is possible to build with only parts from 8258?

Instructions? My style is pretty much make-it-up-as-I-go-along, I only had the gearbox in mind when I built this, so instructions are a bit beyond me, sorry! Though I might be able to put an LDD file together showing the gear trains if you want.

I think you'll need more than the parts from 8258, unless you were going to build it in red. I know I needed parts from 8053 and 8043 as well as 8258.

Also, the boom goes about 2 feet (24 inches/60cm) up from the base (at a rough estimate). And the stabilizers are more decorative than functional, much like traditional Lego stabilizers :laugh:

Edited by Wiseman_2

Instructions? My style is pretty much make-it-up-as-I-go-along, I only had the gearbox in mind when I built this, so instructions are a bit beyond me, sorry! Though I might be able to put an LDD file together showing the gear trains if you want.

I think you'll need more than the parts from 8258, unless you were going to build it in red.

Well, if you think it might not be professional enough, dont be shy. I really like the looks of it, so it would be really nice if you could put something together. :classic:

yep, build it in red..