Sign in to follow this  
Darkdragon

MOC: Who Will Save the Children?

builders_guild.gif

Ok this idea came to me when I figured out I could put Fabuland heads on Technic figure bodies - I had to do a fireman!

I'm not so experienced building in such large scale but I hope you all find something you can like about this.

*I may update this post with better photos if I can manage to get a big softbox set up without blowing away

Constructive C&C is appreciated.

6085625933_b92f6197af_b.jpg

6085626005_3cf46a9ce5_b.jpg

6085626137_f6febd7138_b.jpg

Edited by Rufus
Indexed

Very cute! The doorway design is pretty ingenious, and all the different water and fire elements look quite natural.

I like it. I think the only distracting thing is the "rainbow" colouring around the base, as it draws the eye away from where you want to look. Replacing that with a single colour like green, brown or even grey would go a long way towards keeping focus where you want it.

Very cute! The doorway design is pretty ingenious, and all the different water and fire elements look quite natural.

I like it. I think the only distracting thing is the "rainbow" colouring around the base, as it draws the eye away from where you want to look. Replacing that with a single colour like green, brown or even grey would go a long way towards keeping focus where you want it.

Thanks. I agree about the base, after I started looking at the photos I realized how distracting it is. I was going to add a finish edging but somehow forgot. I will keep this in mind for my next project. It does give an incomplete look to the whole thing I think.

Hello!

A great Fabuland "vignette". I second that the brick-built door looks exactly like the Fabiland style. :classic: The motion of the water is also well designed. Those tubes are a really good choice for Fabuland. :classic:

Cheers,

~ Christopher

Very nice. Good use of Technics parts. I like how you have the burnout windows in black. Colors and design look Fabulandous.

The base looks like it can be connected to other modules? Do you have others in the works? :classic:

Hello!

A great Fabuland "vignette". I second that the brick-built door looks exactly like the Fabiland style. :classic: The motion of the water is also well designed. Those tubes are a really good choice for Fabuland. :classic

Thank you. :classic:

Very nice. Good use of Technics parts. I like how you have the burnout windows in black. Colors and design look Fabulandous.

The base looks like it can be connected to other modules? Do you have others in the works? :classic:

Thank you. The base was actually a segment from another moc that was modular (80x80 studs) for easier transport, I thought I would save some time and reuse it, which was probably the biggest mistake with this moc.

I do plan on doing more with my fabunic figures, but need to work only large-scale building skills before building/showing anything major.

I didn't realise this was such an old bump, but I think it's worth commenting on the techniques used to make the water from the hose, the water hitting the window area and the smoke...wonderful ideas and beautifully executed.