Siegfried

Buying LEGO from other countries on-line stores

I check and it shows they themselves are selling it at 150, I do know though they had multiple listings for the emporium before.

I was unable to resist and ordered a Unimog that has dropped to 127.42 euros

I don't even collect Technic and I am tempted at that price.

Its about $165 AUS shipped compared to retail of $329.

:hmpf:

Never thought I'd have this problem of deciding what to buy because Lego is so cheap.

I know

Im like a kid in a candy store, and my credit card is doing an awful lot of crying right now

The Grand Emporium is back to 125.80 euros, so I decided to order myself a couple. I always get express shipping, but even that puts them at a bit over $150 Australian apiece :grin:

My cupboards will be exploding with lego soon!

Not really understanding your calculations Darkness.

125 Euro is $AU 166 at the moment, plus whatever postage is costing you.

Not saying it's a bad deal but it's a bit more expensive than $150.

:classic: :classic:

Sorry, I didn't mention that they remove the tax on that price as well

Grand total for two delivered was about 232 euros

Removal of tax took it to 105.18 euros apiece before freight

Edited by TheDarkness

The Unimog price I listed before also doesn't have the tax removed. It occurs at the final checkout stage.

The Tower Bridge is at 169.15 before tax removal

This is why it makes the Death Star look so attractive, a nice chunk is removed in tax and puts the delivered price around the $400 mark

Speaking of which, has anyone ordered (and received?) one yet?

I know

Im like a kid in a candy store, and my credit card is doing an awful lot of crying right now

The Grand Emporium is back to 125.80 euros, so I decided to order myself a couple. I always get express shipping, but even that puts them at a bit over $150 Australian apiece :grin:

My cupboards will be exploding with lego soon!

Cupboards that are overflowing with Lego..hmmm

Don't suppose you want to organise a house swap over the holidays?

:tongue:

Edited by greenpaw

The Unimog price I listed before also doesn't have the tax removed. It occurs at the final checkout stage.

The Tower Bridge is at 169.15 before tax removal

This is why it makes the Death Star look so attractive, a nice chunk is removed in tax and puts the delivered price around the $400 mark

Speaking of which, has anyone ordered (and received?) one yet?

I succumbed on Thursday evening, and put through an order that also included a smaller set, with regular post. Shipping confirmation emails received on Fri morning for small set (via DHL - not fussed as not in a hurry for that and don't mind if the box is banged up) and the Death Star was confirmed shipped yesterday morning (not sure why it took a couple of days, I'd started to doubt I'd be supplied it! - sent via UPS). The DS is expected to arrive on 7th Nov but the last time I ordered from there, UPS shipping was delivered prior to the expected date. Can keep you updated, but I'm not worried about receiving it now I know it's been sent!

And I wholeheartedly agree about the prices exponentially worsening your addiction... I'm just happy I don't collect City/Kingdoms/Technic, otherwise it'd be a scary, scary situation!

Am kicking myself however, that the Tower Brisge is so cheap, after I caved and bought it online 5 months ago for a reasonable amount more and still haven't built it :(

I succumbed on Thursday evening, and put through an order that also included a smaller set, with regular post. Shipping confirmation emails received on Fri morning for small set (via DHL - not fussed as not in a hurry for that and don't mind if the box is banged up) and the Death Star was confirmed shipped yesterday morning (not sure why it took a couple of days, I'd started to doubt I'd be supplied it! - sent via UPS). The DS is expected to arrive on 7th Nov but the last time I ordered from there, UPS shipping was delivered prior to the expected date. Can keep you updated, but I'm not worried about receiving it now I know it's been sent!

And I wholeheartedly agree about the prices exponentially worsening your addiction... I'm just happy I don't collect City/Kingdoms/Technic, otherwise it'd be a scary, scary situation!

Am kicking myself however, that the Tower Brisge is so cheap, after I caved and bought it online 5 months ago for a reasonable amount more and still haven't built it :(

I bought the Tower Bridge a couple of weeks ago at 199, but that is life.

My main focus is Star Wars, but I have simply become addicted with various themes now with pricing so cheap. I am keeping some of the modular sets for myself, and spares for later.

I do need to organise an up to date inventory of what I have though. But if I see its a bargain, I just tend to order it right now. Problem is there are so many bargains!

Cupboards that are overflowing with Lego..hmmm

Don't suppose you want to organise a house swap over the holidays?

:tongue:

Haha

My Lego addiction is obscene right now. My family members love it though, they have been getting some awesome lego sets for birthdays (and will for xmas) due to such cheap pricing. That's if I don't open the sets myself first!

My orders this week were for Diagon Alley, Grand Emporium, Unimog, Cargo Train and Farm set with me ordering a minimum of two of each. Christmas is basically done :laugh:

My orders this week were for Diagon Alley, Grand Emporium, Unimog, Cargo Train and Farm set with me ordering a minimum of two of each. Christmas is basically done :laugh:

And I thought I was bad! :tongue:

I'm tempted by a Tower bridge at that price, I must admit. I should probably wait for some of the other sets to arrive first though :wink:

There's far too many good deals, It's going to take a while for my brain to Settle into being able to get prices like this all the time - Mabye then I'll stop checking every Minute Day.

Do you Aussies have any import taxes to consider? I know for us in NZ, If a package is worth more than $400 we get taxed, Which does sometimes get missed by luck, But its a gamble when looking at Big orders or sets like the Death star.. Is this a problem for any of you? Or I spose your government makes all it's taxes from exports rather than imports? :tongue:

And I thought I was bad! :tongue:

I'm tempted by a Tower bridge at that price, I must admit. I should probably wait for some of the other sets to arrive first though :wink:

There's far too many good deals, It's going to take a while for my brain to Settle into being able to get prices like this all the time - Mabye then I'll stop checking every Minute Day.

Do you Aussies have any import taxes to consider? I know for us in NZ, If a package is worth more than $400 we get taxed, Which does sometimes get missed by luck, But its a gamble when looking at Big orders or sets like the Death star.. Is this a problem for any of you? Or I spose your government makes all it's taxes from exports rather than imports? :tongue:

Yeah, my better half has been told there will be a heap of orders coming in. She could only shake her head :laugh:

With importing, we start getting hit with taxes once orders (including shipping) exceeds $1000 I believe. The good thing I have noticed with Amazon is when they split ship, the invoice if only for what is in that box, so the price reflects that. I try to ensure that I have less than $1000 of Lego coming in at any one time (even from different countries) because I have been told that you can potentially be charged tax for that.

How much tax would you be charged for the Death Star? On current rates it is just over $400 AU (RRP is $699) so even with tax that should still be better than local rates?

I am sorely tempted to order another, but I have 4, I am storing some for when they eventually are discontinued.

I do hope Amazon get the Super Star Destroyer though :thumbup:

Yeah, my better half has been told there will be a heap of orders coming in. She could only shake her head :laugh:

With importing, we start getting hit with taxes once orders (including shipping) exceeds $1000 I believe. The good thing I have noticed with Amazon is when they split ship, the invoice if only for what is in that box, so the price reflects that. I try to ensure that I have less than $1000 of Lego coming in at any one time (even from different countries) because I have been told that you can potentially be charged tax for that.

How much tax would you be charged for the Death Star? On current rates it is just over $400 AU (RRP is $699) so even with tax that should still be better than local rates?

I am sorely tempted to order another, but I have 4, I am storing some for when they eventually are discontinued.

I do hope Amazon get the Super Star Destroyer though :thumbup:

Ah, $1000. That would be good! If any one package is worth over $400NZ, we get charged GST (15%) Plus a ~$40 customs fee. I mean, Don't get me wrong, It's still a big saving on NZ RRP. Just needs consideration :wink:

4?! Haha.. Nice :wink:

Indeed.. a SSD would be awesome at their prices!

Edited by Legoman

I just caved in and ordered the following sets from Amazon.fr:

Add EUR 22,40 (AU$30.80) for fast shipping, for a total of AU$509.52.

If I had of bought these sets from Lego S@H, I would have paid AU$894.98 ($699.99 + 149.99 + $45 for standard shipping (or $100 for express shipping)). So that is a saving of AU$385.46, or about 43% off the Australian RRP.

For people ordering from Amazon, do you let Amazon do the currency conversion for you, or do you let the bank do the currency conversion...? I've been letting Amazon do it for me so far, but which one is better/cheaper...?

PS. The Death Star is EUR 312,55 on Amazon.es, but alas, they won't ship it to Australia.

Edited by Splat

I just caved in and ordered the following sets from Amazon.fr:

Add EUR 22,40 (AU$30.80) for fast shipping, for a total of AU$509.52.

If I had of bought these sets from Lego S@H, I would have paid AU$894.98 ($699.99 + 149.99 + $45 for standard shipping (or $100 for express shipping)). So that is a saving of AU$385.46, or about 43% off the Australian RRP.

For people ordering from Amazon, do you let Amazon do the currency conversion for you, or do you let the bank do the currency conversion...? I've been letting Amazon do it for me so far, but which one is better/cheaper...?

PS. The Death Star is EUR 312,55 on Amazon.es, but alas, they won't ship it to Australia.

I pay for it in Euros. Once I found the conversion out by $40, so I check the conversion online now every time, but only once have chosen AU.

I am scouring all Amazon sites for more bargains. I am addicted :sick:

I am scouring all Amazon sites for more bargains. I am addicted :sick:

I too am addicted.

I found the London Bridge Set had dropped about 30 euro so I had to buy another one (of course).

First order - Original price EUR 199 Tax deducted 166.39 Shipping 9.26

Second order - Original price EUR 169 Tax deducted 141.43 Shipping 9.26

Third order

LEGO - Mindstorms - 8547 - NXT 2.0 - EUR 192.95 actual price EUR 161.33

LEGO - Technic - 8110 - Unimog U400 - EUR 127.42 actual price EUR 106.54

LEGO - Technic - 8053 - The mobile crane - EUR 67.92 actual price EUR 56.79

Shipping total all 3 items EUR 12.27

I am now imposing a self ban on the BST thread. I will only come back in the next couple of weeks to update on arrival and condition etc of these orders as I just cant afford to hang arround here for a while lol

If you are thinking about buying from amazon.fr, you best hurry.

Amazon.fr was pricematching an online French competitor whose promo ends today, the 31st. Once the promo ends, Amazon.fr will have no longer need to pricematch, and you know what happens next.

I found out about eurobricks on the whirlpool Lego thread. Also found out about amazon.fr

Up until now my major Lego purchases have been made during work trips to the US, but with the current amazon.fr prices I can get stuff cheaper than the US, and I don't have to try and get it home in my suitcase.

In the last week I've ordered ...

6918 Blacksmith Attack EUR7.44 AU$9.78 RRP AU$17.99 46% saving

7950 Knight's Showdown EUR5.01 AU$6.58 RRP AU$12.99 49% saving

7949 Prison Carriage Rescue EUR8.82 AU$11.59 RRP AU$17.99 36% saving

7188 King's Carriage Ambush EUR29.18 AU$38.35 RRP AU$69.99 45% saving

10214 Tower Bridge EUR166.39 AU$218.69 RRP AU$379.99 42% saving

8089 Hoth Wampa Cave EUR32.53 AU$42.76 RRP AU$79.99 47% saving

7189 Mill Village Raid EUR44.23 AU$58.13 RRP AU$119.99 52% saving

7947 Prison Tower Rescue EUR35.45 AU$46.59 RRP AU$89.99 48% saving

8070 Technic Supercar EUR67.52 AU$88.74 RRP AU$199.99 56% saving

8110 Technic Unimog EUR106.54 AU$140.03 RRP AU$329.99 58% saving

My credit card was already crying, but with the rumour that the great prices are going to end, I've just placed an order for:

2504 Spinjitzu Dojo EUR23.44 AU$30.81 RRP AU$79.99 61% saving

2507 Fire Temple EUR56.33 AU$74.04 RRP AU$199.99 63% saving

8547 Mindstorms NXT 2.0 EUR161.32 AU$212.03 RRP AU$449.99 53% saving

2260 Ice Dragon Attack EUR15.8 AU$20.77 RRP AU$39.99 48% saving

2509 Earth Dragon Defense EUR23.4 AU$30.76 RRP AU$59.99 49% saving

2505 Garmadon's Dark FortressEUR33.75 AU$44.36 RRP AU$119.99 63% saving

Postage for the 3 orders was only AU$45, so I didn't bother trying to add that to the individual set costs, however I have added it to the total below:

Total cost AU$1119.00

Total RRP AU$2268.84

Total Saving AU$1149.84 (51%)

If you are thinking about buying from amazon.fr, you best hurry.

Amazon.fr was pricematching an online French competitor whose promo ends today, the 31st. Once the promo ends, Amazon.fr will have no longer need to pricematch, and you know what happens next.

Thanks for this information.

It is a blessing and a curse - in some ways I will be sad to see the cheap prices go and in other ways glad the temptation is no longer there.

I think I need to see a therapist after all this...

First off I blame all of you for my most recent purchase! lol

I have given Amazon Fr a go and ordered the London Bridge 10214. The set comes down from 199 Euro to 166 Euro with the taxes removed and shipping is a paultry 9.26 Euro. Imagine trying to ship this set from the US for that kind of price.

So all told the price came to $ 231.00 AUD shipped... nice :)

And now the price has dropped to 169 Euro BEFORE tax is removed!

This happened a couple of days after I ordered mine for 199, I sent them an email and in less than an hour they responded saying that they have refunded the difference. Combine this with the fact that they have so far sent all my large sets DHL (arrived in less than 5 days) even though I only paid for the cheap shipping, and I am one very happy customer.

Hi Andrew

That's fantastic!

Well done for contacting them and it's awesome they refunded the difference.

It's not hard to see why people continue to buy with Amazon, wherever they are in the world.

Cheers

Hello,

When i choose shipping adress in Russia, site says that it is impossible to ship that adress. Is the shipping of lego limited to some countries?

Hello,

When i choose shipping adress in Russia, site says that it is impossible to ship that adress. Is the shipping of lego limited to some countries?

Amazon ships only books to Russia.

A question about Amazon.fr DHL shipments: My tracking has been screwy since placing my order, stating it had been received and signed for a week before I'd even ordered it, and the details haven't changed since.

I'm just wondering if anybody else has experienced this also? If others have and have received their parcels in good time I won't bother emailing customer service.

Cheers

A question about Amazon.fr DHL shipments: My tracking has been screwy since placing my order, stating it had been received and signed for a week before I'd even ordered it, and the details haven't changed since.

I'm just wondering if anybody else has experienced this also? If others have and have received their parcels in good time I won't bother emailing customer service.

Cheers

Ive never had any issues with that

My orders are always sent with the fastest shipping, and usually get here in a week. They spend alot of time in customs in seems, usually spending a few days in Botany before moving on to here :thumbdown: