Sandy

Heroica RPG - Heroica Hall

"Gladordia. It's a fabulous place!"

"Hmm...I can't place it. One of the Low Kingdoms?"

"...

Jinnipher was capable in battle, but we kept having this back-n'-forth debate about how relationships are needed, and skept saying she didn't want none and didn't have any. I think she's just lyin' to look tough, but when someone has a blade called "The Beheader", and you happen to have a very fragile neck, you don't press too much."

"Be glad you weren't on her last quest. What you're describing sounds like a stroll through Triad Park in comparison..." Edited by Lind Whisperer

"Be glad you weren't on her last quest. What you're describing sounds like a stroll through Triad Park in comparison..."

"Hey, it was her homeland that the explodey dragon attacked, right? That's tough on anyone."

"Hey, it was her homeland that the explodey dragon attacked, right? That's tough on anyone."

"And we were the people trying to save her homeland. There's tough, and there's just plain flat-out refusing to work with the party..."

"And we were the people trying to save her homeland. There's tough, and there's just plain flat-out refusing to work with the party..."

"You gotta cut people some slack sometimes. Some people just get angry when they get scared."

"You gotta cut people some slack sometimes. Some people just get angry when they get scared."

"I suppose..." The black knight frowned, then shrugged.

"Are you going to sign up for the new quest?"

"Well, first step to forgiveness, I guess? I'm guessing she left Moone friendless as well, right?"

I shrug back.

"Dunno about it."

Karie simply snickers at Lind's response, kicking her feet in sarcastic glee.

"Well, first step to forgiveness, I guess? I'm guessing she left Moone friendless as well, right?"

"Well, I wouldn't say friendless. She wound up finding some strange bedfellows, if you know what I mean." Karie winks.

"No, she ran into her parents parents. And she was a bit loose with a Sniper in our party, so I imagine he's on decent enough terms with her - assuming she wasn't quite so annoying during...well, you can finish that thought."

"Dunno about it."

"Well, it does offer an emerald - not the worst gem to add to your arsenal." The black knight reached into his pack, and gently set his Ruby on his palm, carefully tossing it a short way up into the air. "If we're part of the same party, I can probably loan you this for the duration.

Free, free sort of loan," he added. "You should be able to set up some fairly tall flames with this, and plants don't seem to like that sort of thing terribly much..."

Karie simply snickers at Lind's response, kicking her feet in sarcastic glee.

"Hey, I worked with the party, I just don't always get along with everyone.

You can work with a party, without getting along with them. Although, towards the end, I did think we were all starting to warm up to each other, a bit."

"Well, it does offer an emerald - not the worst gem to add to your arsenal." The black knight reached into his pack, and gently set his Ruby on his palm, carefully tossing it a short way up into the air. "If we're part of the same party, I can probably loan you this for the duration.

Free, free sort of loan," he added. "You should be able to set up some fairly tall flames with this, and plants don't seem to like that sort of thing terribly much..."

You can work with a party, without getting along with them. Although, towards the end, I did think we were all starting to warm up to each other, a bit."

Karie rolls her eyes at Lind's offer. "Or, he could buy mine and be able to cast fire magic whenever he wants." Karie taps her foot on the ground, getting agitated with Lind. She gently places the gem on the bar. "Make me an offer, Terry, and it's yours. I've got an amethyst and a sapphire if you're interested in either of those."

"You must have a very peculiar definition of "warming up" then, Lind." Karie replied, her tone droll and mocking.

Karie rolls her eyes at Lind's offer. "Or, he could buy mine and be able to cast fire magic whenever he wants." Karie taps her foot on the ground, getting agitated with Lind. She gently places the gem on the bar. "Make me an offer, Terry, and it's yours. I've got an amethyst and a sapphire if you're interested in either of those."

The black knight gently threw up his hands. "If he'd rather buy one, that's his choice. I was just trying to be helpful."

"You must have a very peculiar definition of "warming up" then, Lind." Karie replied, her tone droll and mocking.

"That bit where it was just you, me, and Warlen? We were brilliant together. We loo-We respectfully paid a respectful tribute to those poor deceased heroes - right in front of a bunch of guards that were looking for our party - and then, we got those guards to let us into the very city they were supposed to be keeping us out of.

You can't honestly tell me that wasn't a beautiful display of teamwork. Sure, the early bit of the quest had its rough patches - but you can't work together as seamlessly as we did without our having developed a real synergy."

*blink* *blink*

"Located? It's the greatest country in the world. Surely, you must know it. Um... It's across the sea...I think."

"Located? It's the greatest country in the world. Surely, you must know it. Um... It's across the sea...I think."

"One moment..."

Lind Whisperer left the Hall.

Lind returned to the Hall.

"Right, then, I've got a map of Olegia here, so you can just point out where Gladoria is, and refresh any memory lapses on my part...?"

heroica-mapolegaia.jpg

Terry shys away at the emntion of bedfellows.

"I... Uh. Didn't take her for... making those kinds of friends... A-atleast she has someone, right?

How does 70 gold for the amethyst?"

"That bit where it was just you, me, and Warlen? We were brilliant together. We loo-We respectfully paid a respectful tribute to those poor deceased heroes - right in front of a bunch of guards that were looking for our party - and then, we got those guards to let us into the very city they were supposed to be keeping us out of.

You can't honestly tell me that wasn't a beautiful display of teamwork. Sure, the early bit of the quest had its rough patches - but you can't work together as seamlessly as we did without our having developed a real synergy."

"Let me put it like this. You guys changed your bloody stories enough times to make Baron Munchausen blush, and I distinctly remember you two screwing over my performance twice. To put it lightly, stick to your day job, and don't get into acting. Please." Karie stated, ending the conversation.

Terry shys away at the emntion of bedfellows.

"I... Uh. Didn't take her for... making those kinds of friends... A-atleast she has someone, right?

How does 70 gold for the amethyst?"

Karie shakes her head. "60 gold sounds better."

I smile and eagerly accept the offer.

"Geez, lady, sometimes I swear you're running a charity. Thanks a bunch. Does music and such pay really well or something?"

"Let me put it like this. You guys changed your bloody stories enough times to make Baron Munchausen blush, and I distinctly remember you two screwing over my performance twice. To put it lightly, stick to your day job, and don't get into acting. Please." Karie stated, ending the conversation.

"Well then, we clearly need you to enlighten us with your wise wisdom, so next time we'll be even better. If we could fool an entire squadron of suspicious guards with our performance, imagine what we could do with your tutelage." :classic: Edited by Lind Whisperer

I smile and eagerly accept the offer.

"Geez, lady, sometimes I swear you're running a charity. Thanks a bunch. Does music and such pay really well or something?"

Karie accepts the sixty gold and hands Terry her amethyst.

"It's nothing, really. I'm getting rid of stuff I don't need, and my gem's are on that list. I'd rather see it go to someone who needs it than someone who's just going to throw it into a cloak or a pair of boots or something."

"Well then, we clearly need you to enlighten us with your wise wisdom, so next time we'll be even better. If we could fool an entire squadron of suspicious guards with our performance, imagine what we could do with your tutelage." :classic:

Karie shakes her head in exasperation.

"I'd love to help you, Flynn, but you're a bit of a lost cause."

Karie shakes her head in exasperation.

"I'd love to help you, Flynn, but you're a bit of a lost cause."

"We have a bit of a disagreement on that last point, but glad to hear it."

"Speaking of Warlen, you, and I slowly becoming bash buddies, is there anything you need from Crescent? I'm guessing with your minstrel rig - very nice, by the way - you're probably not going to be signing on with them, and since we're sort of bash buddies, the special Bash Buddy discount applies...

1/2 off mark-up, discount rounded up."

Edited by Lind Whisperer

"People put diamonds in their boots? ...Why?"

"And what in tha' world is a bash buddy?"

"People put diamonds in their boots? ...Why?"

"If you mount a gem in your gear, you can absorb certain attacks from certain enemies.

Don't ask..."

"And what in tha' world is a bash buddy?"

"Someone you really fight well with, or with whom you really make a good team."

"We have a bit of a disagreement on that last point, but glad to hear it."

"Speaking of Warlen, you, and I slowly becoming bash buddies, is there anything you need from Crescent? I'm guessing with your minstrel rig - very nice, by the way - you're probably not going to be signing on with them, and since we're sort of bash buddies, the special Bash Buddy discount applies...

1/2 off mark-up, discount rounded up."

"Bash buddies? Bwahaha!" Karie began laughing raucously. "Oh, Lind, you are a riot at times."

"Bash buddies? Bwahaha!" Karie began laughing raucously. "Oh, Lind, you are a riot at times."

"It's not that ridiculous a concept. You're the actress and the face, Warlen's the pyromaniacal unstoppable mage, and I'm the meat shield and wild card."

"Anyways, are you thinking of signing up for the plants quest? I can't decide if I should resign from it or not. I mean, it is work - but something better might come along in the interim..."

"Is "bash buddies" that ridiculous? Didn't you kill a dinosaur or something? I mean you must be a kinda good time if you aren't dead..."