Sandy

Heroica RPG - Heroica Hall

"Just so you know, my offer is 250 gold and my Etherial Cloak for your Fenerian Robes. And if Lind wants it, I'll double whatever he's offering." Karie replied, taking a long sip from her drink afterwards.

Avalanche raises his eyebrows and stifles a snort of laughter as the "queen" hands out candy canes to the rest of the 'heroes'. He remarks to Kheyli, "D'you think she thinks we're all kids, or what?"

Terry licks his candy cane.

"Does it ever get tiring, Jinnipher and Lind, to be arguin' and such twenty-four-seven? Contrarians, I think, that's what my uncle called people like you."

She chuckles. "Well said, Terry,"

"Thanks. Seems like they prefer hangin', though. ...I don't really like hangings, though, they creep me out. So do guillotines, actually. And mage firing squads, and... Okay, so executions creeps me out, basically."

Warlen glanced at the purple gem embedded in the cloak's clasp.

"You want this? Fine by me."

Lind bit his lip. "That...and the 50 gold it'll take to un-embue it." He held up his hand. "I know it's in my favor, greatly, but my budget is already stretched pretty tight. I can maybe go as low as 25."

"Just so you know, my offer is 250 gold and my Etherial Cloak for your Fenerian Robes. And if Lind wants it, I'll double whatever he's offering." Karie replied, taking a long sip from her drink afterwards.

"All I want is the Amethyst, and a bit of gold to cover - or partially cover - the costs of removing it. I have no interest in the Robes themselves." Edited by Lind Whisperer

Kheyli catches the candy cane and shrugs. Food is food, after all.

Avalanche raises his eyebrows and stifles a snort of laughter as the "queen" hands out candy canes to the rest of the 'heroes'. He remarks to Kheyli, "D'you think she thinks we're all kids, or what?"

"I don't really want to know..." she says, under her breath. She didn't want to end up scolded like Jinn; especially by someone a fifth of her ages.

"Thanks. Seems like they prefer hangin', though. ...I don't really like hangings, though, they creep me out. So do guillotines, actually. And mage firing squads, and... Okay, so executions creeps me out, basically."

Kheyli laughs. "Don't worry, they 'freak me out' too. Good thing it doesn't seem like our new friend has the power to execute anyone, at least not here..."

"All I want is the Amethyst, and a bit of gold to cover - or partially cover - the costs of removing it. I have no interest in the Robes themselves."

"Then I'll make you a deal. I'll buy the Cloak off of Warlen and I'll un-imbue the gem for you. 60 gold, and the gem's yours. See, we all get what we want."

"Then I'll make you a deal. I'll buy the Cloak off of Warlen and I'll un-imbue the gem for you. 60 gold, and the gem's yours. See, we all get what we want."

"So...I sell the Cloak of Deception to Warlen for 60 gold, then I pay you the 60 gold for the Amethyst?

Yeah, that'd work." Lind nodded.

OoC: Did you mean Cloak or Robes there? Because Warlen's carrying the Fenarian Robes...

Edited by Lind Whisperer

Kheyli laughs. "Don't worry, they 'freak me out' too. Good thing it doesn't seem like our new friend has the power to execute anyone, at least not here..."

Avalanche grins sarcastically, "If she's an aspiring hero like the rest of us, executing her fellow heroes on day one is not the best way to start a career in Heroica..."

"I'm up for it," said Warlen.

He passed Karie the cloak and Lind the 60 gold.

Lind handed Warlen the Cloak of Deception, and Karie the 60 gold. "To the Market, then?"

He licked the candy cane again. "First quest there is to Heartland, I'm signing. This is good..."

Edited by Lind Whisperer

Karie hands Warlen her Etherial Cloak and 250 gold, and snags Lind's coinage.

"No need to follow me, I'll be right back. Give me a minute." Karie curiously eyes Lind's candy cane as she makes her way out of the hall, noticing others with them as well. She makes nothing of it for the time being and wanders out to the Marketplace.

Karie hands Warlen her Etherial Cloak and 250 gold, and snags Lind's coinage.

"No need to follow me, I'll be right back. Give me a minute." Karie curiously eyes Lind's candy cane as she makes her way out of the hall, noticing others with them as well. She makes nothing of it for the time being and wanders out to the Marketplace.

"...I need to make some purchases there, but whatever works..." Lind leaned back against the counter, and waited for the Minstrel to return.

Karie quickly returns to the hall, handing Lind his Amethyst.

"There, everyone's happy." She says with a hint of sarcasm.

"Now, Lind, where exactly did you get a candy cane? It's not exactly Grogmas."

Edited by Kintobor

Avalanche grins sarcastically, "If she's an aspiring hero like the rest of us, executing her fellow heroes on day one is not the best way to start a career in Heroica..."

"You'd think, right? I'm not sure... I don't know if everyone in this hall has the best instincts,"

Karie quickly returns to the hall, handing Lind his Amethyst.

"There, everyone's happy." She says with a hint of sarcasm.

Lind tossed the Amethyst up in the air, and caught it expertly. "Nice doing business with y'all." He tucked it carefully away in his bag. "If anyone finds a lance or a halberd that makes enemies Fragile, I would pay dearly to have one."

"Now, Lind, where exactly did you get a candy cane? It's not exactly Grogmas."

He nodded across the hall, to where the Queen was sitting drinking gin. He lowered his voice. "That, my friends, is an actual, bona fide, Queen. From some place called Heartland, between the Low Kingdoms and the Mistland Jungles. She just handed them out to half the heroes here."

"You'd think, right? I'm not sure... I don't know if everyone in this hall has the best instincts,"

"Nobody would be so idiotic as to execute their fellow heroes upon first sight. The Veterans would send them packing within an instant! The problem is that certain heroes have the instinct to make enemies with everyone within a mile radius upon stepping into the Hall..." Avalanche smiles

"Nobody would be so idiotic as to execute their fellow heroes upon first sight. The Veterans would send them packing within an instant! The problem is that certain heroes have the instinct to make enemies with everyone within a mile radius upon stepping into the Hall..." Avalanche smiles

She smirks. "Don't I know it..."

Terry slurps his candy cane.

"Opinions on executions or not, this tastes really, really good...

Is the air always so heavy, and uh... what's the word... like, conflicted? There's a lot of conflict?"

She smirks. "Don't I know it..."

"I mean, is it in people's nature to be disagreeable?" he grumbles, "For instance, there was this dwarf a few quests back, who insisted on doing the opposite to the party in every single situation we found ourselves him. Almost got himself killed umpteen times. I heard he formed a party of his own on some other quest and promptly got defeated!"

"I mean, is it in people's nature to be disagreeable?" he grumbles, "For instance, there was this dwarf a few quests back, who insisted on doing the opposite to the party in every single situation we found ourselves him. Almost got himself killed umpteen times. I heard he formed a party of his own on some other quest and promptly got defeated!"

Lind looked over to the table. "Was his name Throlar? Ambassador to Eubric from Titaan?"

Is the air always so heavy, and uh... what's the word... like, conflicted? There's a lot of conflict?"

"Not always. When I first joined, things were quite different. Now there are heroes who seem to exist for the purpose of causing conflict... he trails off, reminiscent of better times in the past. "Don't worry though, things do get better once you get more experienced."

"Alright, cool, thanks." Karie responds to Lind, clearly playing little attention to what he had to say, and gets up towards the "queen". "Clearly someone's never told him to not take candy from strangers." She says to herself in an exhausted tone. Karie makes her way over to the aging woman in red and takes a seat next to her, pulling out her guitar and begins tuning it,

before speaking.

"Hope you don't mind if I sit here?" She says to her, smiling as she occasionally looks back to her guitar.