Sandy

Heroica RPG - Heroica Hall

"In all honesty, I never thought I'd find a mage who would agree with me in so many areas. It is a pleasure to meet you."

Johon walks into the hall after hunting for a while. The food at the hall was good, but he decided he needed more exercise. He then realizes his birthday was a few days ago. He looks around the hall and sees a barbarian women easily knocking a new hero down with the butt of her axe. He then sees Arasmyth, the mage who had started messing with him a while back, talking with the crazy old monk guy who went around talking about this 'God' character. Johon swings his prey down (A bear and 2 rabbits) onto a table and starts cleansing the meat. After cooking the meat and cleaning his hands he walks over to some of the new heroes, Alisha and Lycan.

"Hello there, welcome to the hall."

He then notices that Alisha is fairly strong and had probably been on a quest. Offering Alisha some of the meat, he addresses her.

"You been on a quest before? You look fairly strong..."

Johon motions to Lycan with eye movement and winks.

"Johon, pleased to meet you, perhaps I should know your name?"

" My names Lycan. I would be careful around the woman. Violent woman."

"Violent? Yeah you 'aven't been on no quests yet."

Johon pats Lycan on the shoulder, almost knocking him down (If he had meant to he could :tongue: ) And then turns to his supper.

"Want some food?"

Before Lycan can answer, Johon sends a knife with some meat on it flying past Lycan and hitting the wall about an inch away from him. The knife sticks out of the side of the wall, still clinging the meat.

"What? Not hungry?" Johon says in a boastful tone.

Johon walks into the hall after hunting for a while. The food at the hall was good, but he decided he needed more exercise. He then realizes his birthday was a few days ago. He looks around the hall and sees a barbarian women easily knocking a new hero down with the butt of her axe. He then sees Arasmyth, the mage who had started messing with him a while back, talking with the crazy old monk guy who went around talking about this 'God' character. Johon swings his prey down (A bear and 2 rabbits) onto a table and starts cleansing the meat. After cooking the meat and cleaning his hands he walks over to some of the new heroes, Alisha and Lycan.

He then notices that Alisha is fairly strong and had probably been on a quest. Offering Alisha some of the meat, he addresses her.

I notice a barbarian-looking fellow come strutting into the hall, flaunting the bear and rabbits that he had caught proudly in front of the new rogue, whose name I now catch as being Lycan, and Alisha. He begins to cook his meat...

"You do know how to prepare bear meat, don't you? You can't cook the liver in there with the rest of the meat and certainly don't start offering it to others. Have you ever tasted your own cooking? From the looks of it, I'm beginning to doubt it. Don't worry you don't need to cook to impress Alisha, it seems to take little to impress a woman such as herself."

The barbarian begins throwing his knife around and now I'm certain he is trying to kill someone.

"Hey! Watch out there! Or someone will call the town watch!"

Edited by palathadric

I notice a barbarian-looking fellow come strutting into the hall, flaunting the bear and rabbits that he had caught proudly in front of the new rogue, whose name I now catch as being Lycan, and Alisha. He begins to cook his meat...

"You do know how to prepare bear meat, don't you? You can't cook the liver in there with the rest of the meat and certainly don't start offering it to others. Have you ever tasted your own cooking? From the looks of it, I'm beginning to doubt it. Don't worry you don't need to cook to impress Alisha, it seems to take little to impress a woman such as herself."

The barbarian begins throwing his knife around and now I'm certain he is trying to kill someone.

"No worries, he's an idiotic showoff who thinks he's better than everyone else because he knows how to sleep without a bedroll. He's actually a total wimp, the Quest books in the library record him as hiding in the back row and guzzling Potions like normal Barbarians would booze. His IQ is lower than a mentally deficient boulder, though."

"Shut up priest. You think I don't know what I'm doing? You couldn't survive in the wild for a day, all you'd do is pray to that god of yours or some crap."

"No worries, he's an idiotic showoff who thinks he's better than everyone else because he knows how to sleep without a bedroll. He's actually a total wimp, the Quest books in the library record him as hiding in the back row and guzzling Potions like normal Barbarians would booze. His IQ is lower than a mentally deficient boulder, though."

Johon pulls his knife out of the wall and slings it at Arasmyth, catching on his staff.

"Do we have to go through this again?"

Johon Knee-kicks Arasmyth in his 'area' and sends him tumbling backwards onto the floor.

"Shut up priest. You think I don't know what I'm doing? You couldn't survive in the wild for a day, all you'd do is pray to that god of yours or some crap."

Johon pulls his knife out of the wall and slings it at Arasmyth, catching on his staff.

Johon Knee-kicks Arasmyth in his 'area' and sends him tumbling backwards onto the floor.

"Look at him, completely delusional. He seems to think he's beating me up and kicking my crotch despite me being seated at a table having a civil discussion with you and no possible access routes for him to reach my groin area. In addition, his knife wildly missed, as being a Barbarian, he has zero skills in the throwing weapon department. Finally, my staff is safely tucked away in a private compartment in the Ether that follows me around (How else could I carry all this stuff around without being hindered in battle? :laugh: ), so even if his knife had been within a mile of me it couldn't possibky have embedded itself in my staff. Besides, the thing is pure Sapphire and these knives are iron. It would've bounced off, not got stuck in the staff."

"Look at him, completely delusional. He seems to think he's beating me up and kicking my crotch despite me being seated at a table having a civil discussion with you and no possible access routes for him to reach my groin area. In addition, his knife wildly missed, as being a Barbarian, he has zero skills in the throwing weapon department. Finally, my staff is safely tucked away in a private compartment in the Ether that follows me around (How else could I carry all this stuff around without being hindered in battle? :laugh: ), so even if his knife had been within a mile of me it couldn't possibky have embedded itself in my staff. Besides, the thing is pure Sapphire and these knives are iron. It would've bounced off, not got stuck in the staff."

OoC: Then I kicked him from under the table and the Knife flew into your hat. Why does everyone act like barbarians are dummies? Barbarians may not be super smart, but they have the instinct on strength and fighting. Plus fighting as a barbarian gives the character more wild fighting skills and ability to know when something is too crazy and impractical... Plus part of your staff is metal or something, and sapphire isn't all that, that strong. I do think it is unfair to take a players RP actions into context if they weren't possible and wouldn't have happened that the player couldn't have known. You should instead say why it wouldn't have worked OoC instead, not just call the person delusional.

"The manner in which he exuded so much confidence, almost had me fooled. You seem to have had a tussle in the past. Did you quest together? Fought in the arena. I never fought in the arena. One of my former party members tried to tempt me into a duel. He offered much gold, but I fled the arena. It is just not something I can do. I cannot fight for sport. It's not right, especially as a monk."

"The manner in which he exuded so much confidence, almost had me fooled. You seem to have had a tussle in the past. Did you quest together? Fought in the arena. I never fought in the arena. One of my former party members tried to tempt me into a duel. He offered much gold, but I fled the arena. It is just not something I can do. I cannot fight for sport. It's not right, especially as a monk."

"Nay, he jumped off the staircase and broke his leg, I called him out on his stupidity."

"Alisha. Not hungry, don't care for bear or rabbit anyways."

" My names Lycan. I would be careful around the woman. Violent woman."

"Shut the hell up, jackass," Alisha says, not caring that she's actually furthering the Rogue's point with this comment.

"Violent? Yeah you 'aven't been on no quests yet."

Johon pats Lycan on the shoulder, almost knocking him down (If he had meant to he could :tongue: ) And then turns to his supper.

"Want some food?"

Before Lycan can answer, Johon sends a knife with some meat on it flying past Lycan and hitting the wall about an inch away from him. The knife sticks out of the side of the wall, still clinging the meat.

"What? Not hungry?" Johon says in a boastful tone.

"Why do all you men think that women are too weak to fight their own battles? Between you and Leo, I would have myself a private guard. If you really want to fight my battles for me, then buzz the hell off."

"He's probably used to eating it raw, like me." Seeing strange looks directed at her, Alisha says, "What? You don't eat your meat raw? :look: "

"Okay, now you're just being frickin' stupid."

Helm laughed at the antics of the other heroes.

He nodded at Alf, "I was going to invite you to resume that game of chess we were having, but it seems you are a little occupied."

Helm laughed at the antics of the other heroes.

He nodded at Alf, "I was going to invite you to resume that game of chess we were having, but it seems you are a little occupied."

"If the others would rather kick eachother in the nuts, I'll play Chess."

Lycan draws his saber yet again and says " Johon, you are embarrassing your self. Why don't you sit down and have a drink?"

He then rushes over to the two magic users and asks "Are you okay?"

Elgar rushes over and tries to stop Johon and shouted at him "What do you think you are doing! Attacking heroes like this in the hall." Elgar then went over to the cleric and the mage said to them "Be careful roung that Johon, seems a bit easily provoked to me. I have heard tales of him juming off the stairs :look: "

"Come on, I'm just having a little fun."

Johon gets a glass of water and sits down at the table.

"Relax will ya?"

Johon has some more meat and takes some sips of water.

"But if you want to, I may be able to teach you some fighting tricks, though I'm no rogue." Johon says, patting the Lycn's saber aside.

"So, anyone want bread? It seems no one wants any of this perfectly fine meat." Johon says, fiddling with his knife.

"Oh, speaking of training, I think I may want to look into magic. Arasmyth, I wouldn't want to, and I'm no asking you to be a master or some sort of thing like that, but maybe you could help me learn the basics?" (RP, I'm going to go to battle-mage if someone would help me, otherwise I'll train for raider, then train with Lycan or something like that.)

"Come on, I'm just having a little fun."

Johon gets a glass of water and sits down at the table.

"Relax will ya?"

Johon has some more meat and takes some sips of water.

"But if you want to, I may be able to teach you some fighting tricks, though I'm no rogue." Johon says, patting the Lycn's saber aside.

"So, anyone want bread? It seems no one wants any of this perfectly fine meat." Johon says, fiddling with his knife.

"Oh, speaking of training, I think I may want to look into magic. Arasmyth, I wouldn't want to, and I'm no asking you to be a master or some sort of thing like that, but maybe you could help me learn the basics?" (RP, I'm going to go to battle-mage if someone would help me, otherwise I'll train for raider, then train with Lycan or something like that.)

You? Learn magic?" Arasmyth scoffs. "Not likely. If you wish to tap into the Ether, you must be in touch with your inner Elements, and you are as far from in touch with Light or Water as they come. Water requires a soothing soul, the ability to adapt and change with your surroundings as well as the fury of a tidal wave. Light requires the utmost inner peace, and spiritual cleanliness. Perhaps if you were looking to use the uncontrollable and raging Fire of destructive and unholy Darkness, I could take you on as an apprentice and expect some level of competence from you. For know, stick with your wanton violence. I'd recommend learning to throw a knife properly since you seem to enjoy it so much."

OOC: Arasmyth would be happy to teach Johon should he obtain a Ruby or Amethyst. :classic:

Lycan draws his saber yet again and says " Johon, you are embarrassing your self. Why don't you sit down and have a drink?"

He then rushes over to the two magic users and asks "Are you okay?"

"I am quite fine, although I'd have you know that I do not deal in magic. I deal in answers to prayers and the power of God which needs no learnedness in magic to know. My friend, the mage, seems quite fine as well, but sincerely, Barbarian. I would advise you study the arts of knighthood. You strike me more as being knight than a magician."

Lycan turns to the barbarian. " Magic would not suit you, neither would the stealthy ways of a rogue. True raiders use brute strength to loot and pillage, but it is not just about strength. You need speed, agility, courage and most importantly brains " Lycan says, " Beserker would suit you. More defence against enemies, as well as more power. It is also far easier to achieve than the class of Raider. When I was in the backstreets of Eubric as a child, I knew a raider. He could pick locks, kill enemies or wound enemies with ease, use throwing weapons as well. "

I wasn't the picture of sunshine after the mansion mayhem I went to. Half-asleep, I stumbled to one of the couches in the hall past a group of feuding heroes, laid out my bed roll, and stuffed myself inside.

Sorrow used Fast Asleep on himself!

It was super effective!

Sorrow used Fast Asleep on himself!

It was super effective!

Nagure uses poke on Sorrow!

It's not very effective...

"Wake up! I want to talk to to you!"

Nagure uses poke on Sorrow!

It's not very effective...

"Wake up! I want to talk to to you!"

I spring upward and unsheathe my blade instinctively, and along with it, my typical battle cry. The sharpened blade points directly at Nagure's neck.

"Engarde! ...Oh, just you, Nagure... What would you like?" I say, putting my blade away.

Edited by Endgame

I was just going to thank you for being a great party leader. I didn't get to talk to the real you near the end of the quest. Although if you want a fight I will be more than happy to give you one.

I was just going to thank you for being a great party leader. I didn't get to talk to the real you near the end of the quest. Although if you want a fight I will be more than happy to give you one.

"Sorry, purely reflex. I know you didn't intend it, but even the slightest nudge from you can cause a bruise. :classic: And thanks - despite that hoodlum at the end it was somehow enjoyable."

Gesturing to my bedroll...

"I need to catch up on sleep now. if anyone wants to talk to me, please leave a note... Yaaawn.

With that, i drift back into a much needed slumber.