DarkFader

The New Santa Claus

Since I don't own the classic Santa minifigure included in such sets as the City advent calendars and because I think that minifig is a bit plain, I decided to create my own Santa Claus minifig:

santa_claus.png

As you can see, this one is a bit more detailed than the official one and yet not too complicated. I hope you like it and comments are welcomed.

Edited by DarkFader

Since I don't own the classic Santa minifigure included in such sets as the City advent calendars and because I think that minifig is a bit plain, I decided to create my own Santa Claus minifig:

santa_claus.png

As you can see, this one is a bit more detailed than the official one and yet not too complicated. I hope you like it and comments are welcomed.

I made a similar Santa with the gnome parts, and it works great. I especially like the face you chose.

Very nice! A few changes I would recommend:

• The hands would look good in black, I think. White gloves don't really give me the right impression.
  • If you could get one of the burglar's sacks from this year's Police sets, that'd be a great addition. You could even stick a couple 1x2 tiles in representing wrapped gifts!

Great work here! I'm sure you can create a great MOC or vignette to go with him by the time the holidays roll around!

The hands would look good in black, I think. White gloves don't really give me the right impression.
Before I put the minifig together I googled 'santa claus' to get some reference pictures just for the color of the hands and the results were mixed; some pics had him wearing white gloves, in others he wore black ones and in many he wore no gloves at all. At first I tried out the yellow hands but like you, they didn't give me the right impression and then I tried the white hands and I thought it looked a lot better; I will try out black ones and see how I think it fits.
If you could get one of the burglar's sacks from this year's Police sets, that'd be a great addition. You could even stick a couple 1x2 tiles in representing wrapped gifts!
Good suggestion; I will try to obtain one of those sacks and put some tiles in there.
I'm sure you can create a great MOC or vignette to go with him by the time the holidays roll around!
Those are not bad ideas at all; I'll look into it later on and see what I can do. Edited by DarkFader

A really well done purist custom, the gnome beard piece is much better than the one in the standard Santa fig IMO, so good call using that. :thumbup:

I love it, and with Aanchir's idea to include the backpack, makes it even better.

-Omi