KimT

What's your recent LEGO Star Wars Purchase?

Just had to order a handful of Snowtroopers from Bricklink, as my Hoth army was looking a little lame. Will have to add some more Hoth rebels in the near future.

was at a local brick store and saw the tantative iv going at a good price, pick it up straight away since they are almost out of stock everywhere

I picked up the Sith Nightspeeder, General Greivous's Starfighter, the Imperial V-wing, the Geonosian Starfighter, and Mace Windu's Jedi Starfighter. I was surprised by the Imperial V-wing, it is actually a great set. I will probably be picking up a second.

I got the 7965 Millennium Falcon on sale yesterday from target. It's the biggest set I've ever bought and I'm pretty excited!

Picked up Sebulba and Anakin's Podracers last night. Sebulba's racer is what systems should be. Great detailing, and just about perfect for something less than UCS. I honestly dislike PT stuff in general, but have had a soft spot for the podracers since the original releases. I actually planned to get the MF, but after debating in the aisle, this seemed the right choice...for last night.

Threw a Snowtrooper battle pack in on top of it, to round out the trip. :thumbup:

Yesterday I bought the 7965 Falcon, and built it tonight with my mate who I've managed to get addicted to Lego Star Wars. His wife may end up killing me!

Took 4 hours to build and it's the sturdiest set I've got. Might have to mod it so the mandibles look right, but I'm happy with it. The cockpit it way too big though, so that might get a mod as well.

Hi folks,

Bit of a lurker but recently joined and hope to contribute to what is an incredible forum.

Started collecting a few years ago but unfortunately had a girlfriend who didn't approve.

After making the grave mistake of getting rid of the small and rare kits I had, I wised up and got rid of the girlfriend.

Since then I've been slowly picking up kits here and there, including all the minikits (bar one), a landspeeder, snowspeeder, both midi kits, X-wing, Tie fighter and the new large Falcon.

Today I saw this on eBay and decided to go for it.

It seemed the price was too good to be true.

The guy has already sold 85 (at last count) and I'm hoping I haven't fallen for some horrible scam.

Anyway, so that's what I bought today.

Hi.

Edited by into the blue

I'd be more than skeptical, but I hope this works out for you. The price is quite good. Best of luck, and let us know.

A guy sold 200 the other day at some cheap price. Smells very fishy, and I have a feeling people will get burned :sad:

Edited by TheDarkness

I'm beginning to think that starting a 'Do you think this is a wise purchase?' thread would have been more sensible than just buying it today.

Hopefully if things go pear-shaped then I'll get some protection from eBay.

Fingers crossed.

I'll let you know what happens.

I'm beginning to think that starting a 'Do you think this is a wise purchase?' thread would have been more sensible than just buying it today.

Hopefully if things go pear-shaped then I'll get some protection from eBay.

Fingers crossed.

I'll let you know what happens.

I hope it works out ok for you, but as the saying goes ‘if it looks to good to be true, it usually is!’ Perhaps I’m a bit too cautious, and you should be covered by Paypal/Ebay anyway :classic:

Is it possible that someone has started to copy official Lego sets? I guess that if anyone wanted to do it, this would be a likely target (high value, popular); even with differing exchange rates, they’ve got to be selling them at a considerable loss......

I purchased the Turbo Tank 8098 brand new yesterday for £66, looks like a good build :)

Regarding that ebay seller - it's very odd that he/she has loads of feedback for very cheap items, but if you look at their items for sale, there are no cheap listings.

Couldn't see any feedback for the death star either. Hope it works out for you.

Got the Republic Frigate and since it was on sale I also got another one of this years battle packs. Both very good sets.

Regarding that ebay seller - it's very odd that he/she has loads of feedback for very cheap items, but if you look at their items for sale, there are no cheap listings.

Couldn't see any feedback for the death star either. Hope it works out for you.

hmmmm seems too good to be true, just found another similar seller in china Item number: 160639147578 same thing buy it now £128.93 free delivery and says sold 134 but looking at feedback it all for item less than 11p??

Yeah, I saw that second seller too.

I didn't realise the positive feedback for the seller was (it seems) artificially bumped up with very small transactions.

Now I'm seriously starting to worry.

My apologies for going slightly off-topic, but if the Death Star doesn't show up then I can open a case with eBay and get my money back, right?

hmmmm seems too good to be true, just found another similar seller in china Item number: 160639147578 same thing buy it now £128.93 free delivery and says sold 134 but looking at feedback it all for item less than 11p??

I don't know the factories the DS is made in, but would it be possible the people are getting these out the backdoor, and dumping them cheap on international ebay sites? I can't imagine someone copying a set this size. Seems very complicated to clone this one.

Not that this would be any more legal, just a second school of thought from the bootleg brand theory.

I don't know the factories the DS is made in, but would it be possible the people are getting these out the backdoor, and dumping them cheap on international ebay sites? I can't imagine someone copying a set this size. Seems very complicated to clone this one.

Not that this would be any more legal, just a second school of thought from the bootleg brand theory.

Does seem like its worth a punt at that price though and surely you are covered by paypal?

Does seem like its worth a punt at that price though and surely you are covered by paypal?

I'd always be concerned that they wouldn't, regardless of what they say.

My wife picked up the new Ewok Attack for me today at Target, was on sale for $20. Looking forward to building it with my son.