Sign in to follow this  
tiammath

Help with headlight brick pattern

Does someone know if it is possible, in LDD, to get rid of the little gap in the pattern below ? I tried using different tiles but it doesn't work.

lddscreenshot12.png

Edited by tiammath

Does someone know if it is possible, in LDD, to get rid of the little gap in the pattern below ? I tried using different tiles but it doesn't work.

Looking at it, I reckon it would be hard to get rid off full stop -not just in LDD!

Ralph

Looking at it, I reckon it would be hard to get rid off full stop -not just in LDD!

I agree. I'm not sure if a plate with rail would work there; I know a bar will slide into that hole, but you'll need some scaffolding to place it in LDD.

I agree. I'm not sure if a plate with rail would work there; I know a bar will slide into that hole, but you'll need some scaffolding to place it in LDD.

A plate with door rail will probably work (it is 1 plate plus one plate's thickness wide), but will still leave a bit of a hole.

Cheers,

Ralph

The problem with the plate with rail is that it is 2 stud long, while the model is 1 stud deep, I think.

The problem with the plate with rail is that it is 2 stud long, while the model is 1 stud deep, I think.

I'm pretty sure that if he wants to fill the gap and not go any deeper, there is nothing that will fit there.

A plate with door rail will probably work (it is 1 plate plus one plate's thickness wide), but will still leave a bit of a hole.

I tried it in LDD, but it won't work. It might work with real bricks, so I don't know...

I tried it in LDD, but it won't work. It might work with real bricks, so I don't know...

Just tried it for real, and I can't find the source of the problem, but the plate with rail is just a teeny bit too big for the space. With a little effort it will work, but you can tell that there is stress and a small gap. Edited by Brickdoctor

Ah... lookaround.gif

I tried it too, and it works like a charm :tongue:

Ah... lookaround.gif

I tried it too, and it works like a charm :tongue:

What? :wacko:

Okay, I'm going to try it now.

Just tried it for real, and I can't find the source of the problem, but the plate with rail is just a teeny bit too big for the space. With a little effort it will work, but you can tell that there is stress and a small gap.

The source of the problem is that a plate with door rail is 1 and a half studs long and the piece needs to be 1 stud and 1 plate long. Basically, the plate with door rail is a quarter of a plate too big, half a stud is 1.25 plates long (1 stud is 2.5 plates, when here the gap is 1 plate long (1.25-1=0.25).

Hope I've helped. :classic:

~buddy~

Edited by buddy

So what was the conclusion. Is it an illegal build or is there a brick bug in LDD?

(Calabar - I tried to open your LXF but it gave me the "1 brick could not be ...." and it was removed.)

EDIT: It is possible to fit 60897 to fill the hole in LDD, but it's an illegal build.

The source of the problem is that a plate with door rail is 1 and a half studs long and the piece needs to be 1 stud and 1 plate long. Basically, the plate with door rail is a quarter of a plate too big, half a stud is 1.25 plates long (1 stud is 2.5 plates, when here the gap is 1 plate long (1.25-1=0.25).

Hope I've helped. :classic:

~buddy~

A plate with door rail is actually slightly narrower than 1.5 studs (put a jumper plate beneath one and you'll see that the jumper plate sticks out a fraction of a mm). I figured that instead was the equivalent of a plate plus a plate's thickness, as I wrote before, but I just measured it and found that this is not correct either. Its width lies between the two!

So, door rail won't fit without putting stress on the parts.

Cheers,

Ralph

Yeah, I just tried it myself, and the rail is just between the two measurements.

So I think the only thing that'll fill that hole is a bar.

Calabar - I tried to open your LXF but it gave me the "1 brick could not be ...." and it was removed.

Oh, that's true!

I had no problem inserting it in the model, but reopening it the tile vanish.

LDD should decide if it is illegal or not! :tongue:

However, here is a screenshot!

Well, I intend to use the pattern as the floor of my new MOD, like this :

lddscreenshot13.png

But I wasn't totally happy with the one in the image so I'm looking for other patterns I could use. What kind of bar could I use to fill the gap ?

What kind of bar could I use to fill the gap ?

Any standard-width bar. In LDD, some scaffolding will be necessary, and you can choose a bar based on how deep you're willing to go. Obviously the most colors are available with the common 4L bar, but there's also the 3L, 6L, and screwdriver.