Sign in to follow this  
Locutis

What I like about Eurobricks

Hi everyone,

I had been lurking on here for years, and joined in the fall of 2010. I have also been on other forums, and on the Bricklink forums.

Overall, I do have to say I do really like the discussions which appear on Eurobricks over the other forums I have frequented.

The level of discussion leans more towards real people who have something good to say, and the garbage just isn't tolerated (unlike on Bricklink forum posts, for example). There seem to be a number of Moderators who circulate the forums and actually do their jobs, and the rules appear to be straightforward and there for a reason. To the Moderators, I say THANK YOU! :thumbup:

I consider Eurobricks my first and most visited Lego site because of this. There is almost a level of professionalism associated with Eurobricks, which seems lost on other sites. Maybe it's the rules and Moderator policing, or maybe it's because the people who cause problems have all been banned, I don't really know.

All I can say is I really like Eurobricks and enjoy reading it the most because it feels like a real community, and reminds me of the days when I was much younger, and went to the local computer meetings once per month. I got to interact with people who had the same interests as myself, we got to see things that were new and upcoming, and got to see things that I had never seen before. Eurobricks compares very much to this experience. I hope moving forwards, it can only get better.

Why do you like Eurobricks?

Locutis

Its so nice. There are no noobs "MEGABLOKSRSOTOTALLYAWESOMELOLOL". EB is mature on a level I have never seen on any other forum. The moderators are very generous(They just gave my 15 year old bro permission to register(under the promise that he will be extra mature)) and the forum just drips with "amazing community, come join." On some forums, the moderators are eletists and absolute jerks who lock topics without any real reason, and then there are the excellent moderators, like the EB mods. I couldn't be a better moderator myself.

To the EB community moderators and admins: You are THE BEST moderating team I have EVER bumped into.

I am very pleased to have been accepted into the community. :thumbup:

There's a lot to love about Eurobricks, but what you've already pointed out is the key to it all--the excellent moderators here that keep it all together with kindness, dignity, and more than a little bit of humor. The folks that run/maintain this site not only share our love of Lego, but also work tirelessly to provide a place for us to share our love for the brick.

Cheers to the mods!

Nothing! It's a terrible site full of terrible people.

Srs though, it's a very mature and fun lego site. The Staff are great. Reviews and games are my favourite parts i think.

Everything! From being able to share your MOC's, to having every proper bit of news on new LEGO sets, to the fact that everyone on here is an adult.

I love how organised it is. All the themes are in their own forum, with it's own members of staff to keep everything in order. If there's anyone breaking rules, they get taken off so that the rest of us don't have to put up with nonsense. Other LEGO sites don't really have rules, so unruly children often go onto them and behave in an uncivilised way.

Here, the staff actually care about TLG. If LEGO ask them to take something down, they do it. They don't post prelims here because they know TLG don't like it.

The pictorial reviews are one of the main things I love. They give us a chance to see what we're getting when we buy. They're usually also quite entertaining to read, with the comments from the author.

I also love the Mafia games! I've only played in one, but I loved every second of it. Although it's not necessarily LEGO, it's fun to play, and they are run vey well.

The contests are great. It's so good of the staff to do them and let people get free LEGO. I also like how we can trade with other members, so we can get the parts we want.

So, yes, I love everything about Eurobricks!

Edited by Gregorovich

Here, the staff actually care about TLG. If LEGO ask them to take something down, they do it. They don't post prelims here because they know TLG don't like it.

I thought you get into law trouble if you post prelims?

Same reasons as you, plus the members post GREAT creations and reviews. I suppose they post the same creations on brickshelf etc. but I prefer to watch stuff here, and the reviews of EB are vastly superior (for me they've been very useful to understand which sets to buy or not to buy).

The only thing I don't like about EB is that I get tired of posting "Wow your MOC is fantastic" to almost every thread :tongue:

Hi everyone,

I had been lurking on here for years, and joined in the fall of 2010. I have also been on other forums, and on the Bricklink forums.

Overall, I do have to say I do really like the discussions which appear on Eurobricks over the other forums I have frequented.

The level of discussion leans more towards real people who have something good to say, and the garbage just isn't tolerated (unlike on Bricklink forum posts, for example). There seem to be a number of Moderators who circulate the forums and actually do their jobs, and the rules appear to be straightforward and there for a reason. To the Moderators, I say THANK YOU! :thumbup:

I consider Eurobricks my first and most visited Lego site because of this. There is almost a level of professionalism associated with Eurobricks, which seems lost on other sites. Maybe it's the rules and Moderator policing, or maybe it's because the people who cause problems have all been banned, I don't really know.

All I can say is I really like Eurobricks and enjoy reading it the most because it feels like a real community, and reminds me of the days when I was much younger, and went to the local computer meetings once per month. I got to interact with people who had the same interests as myself, we got to see things that were new and upcoming, and got to see things that I had never seen before. Eurobricks compares very much to this experience. I hope moving forwards, it can only get better.

Locutis

Couldnt have said it any better. I totally agree with you.

Well actually what you said on the first post it is what i think also.

And it really helps there are no trolls around, to the good feeling of the forum. :classic:

Well actually what you said on the first post it is what i think also.

And it really helps there are no trolls around, to the good feeling of the forum. :classic:

How can we have a troll? I mean we all know that trolls are 9-years old right? :laugh:

The closest we've had to a troll(that I've seen) was "Mr Megabluck YOU!", and that was dealt with very quickly

Edited by airsoftg36c

The topic is obviously great, and of interest since you don't join a LEGO site without liking LEGO's, so that leaves the community and staff.

The staff runs a tight ship, but in a way that you don't notice it, and the community is wonderful, partly due to the staff's participation and eliminating the bad apples. Eurobricks is the best place for LEGO news and discussion on the internet according to Big Cam, so it must be true right. :tongue:

I thought you get into law trouble if you post prelims?

I don't think that there's law involved, but, as I said, TLG don't like it. Hence why they don't let us post them.

And it really helps there are no trolls around...

I wouldn't be so sure about that. :look:

How can we have a troll? I mean we all know that trolls are 9-years old right? :laugh:

The closest we've had to a troll(that I've seen) was "Mr Megabluck YOU!", and that was dealt with very quickly

Yes, the age requirement is a main reason.

I wouldn't be so sure about that. :look:

:laugh: Well i meant about the "bad trolls" not the good ones, as Trollie a friend username in other forum. :devil: