Sign in to follow this  
Bob

Red Scare Mystery - Chapter Eleven

Just the balcony outside the bridge.

As the sun begins to set over Alabatha, there's a rumbling noise from a distance.

Ok I am stepping out on the balcony. I would like a description of the area please.

Which direction is the noise coming from?

I dont think it has been said yet, but I would like to take the shield off the wall and see if anything is behind it.

I'd like to know what the piece of wood used to be, and ask Frankie if he knows why his captain has kept a piece of wood in a box under his bed. And I#d like to examine it looking for any marks.

Ok I am stepping out on the balcony. I would like a description of the area please.

Which direction is the noise coming from?

img_0577.jpg

There's a chair, fishing rod, and a small table with a pallet and brush. It would appear someone on board fancied themselves a painter.

I dont think it has been said yet, but I would like to take the shield off the wall and see if anything is behind it.

Gloria takes the shield off, but there's nothing behind it.

I'd like to weigh the shield, see what it's made of, and use it for future protection

Stevie estimates the shield is about twenty to thirty pounds, it's made of steel. Stevie then takes it for later.

I'd like to know what the piece of wood used to be, and ask Frankie if he knows why his captain has kept a piece of wood in a box under his bed. And I#d like to examine it looking for any marks.

There's no marks on it.

"It's probably one of Captain Harding's spare peg-legs." Frankie says.

I will go up onto the deck to see if I can find out where the rumbling noise is coming from.

It is an Army Convoy, that has since pulled into the port. The townies depart the boat, and stand aside as the convoy stops and General Stanley exits.

img_0579.jpg

"Has it been productive?" He asks Captain Garrison.

"Quite, I'll have a report for you in an hour."

"Excellent. As you all know, tomorrow is your last day of investigations." he says to the crowd.

"Hello, General Stanley." a voice says.

img_0580.jpg

"What are you doing here, Hoffman?" Stanley says through gritted teeth.

"Helping the townspeople, of course."

"I'm sure the townspeople would love to know that it is your fault they are in this predicament."

A few of the townspeople share confused looks.

"After all, putting the base in Alabatha was your idea." Stanley finishes.

The two continue their argument as they walk away into the vehicle. Captain Garrison boards the truck with the other troops. The convoy departs the seaport, and the townspeople are left alone.

img_0581.jpg

They converse among each other. The wind howls in the background, promising another stormy night. Although the attitude of the townspeople are hopeful, the mood is dismal. They know that tomorrow will be their last day. A sickening thought comes into the mind of the simple people of Alabatha, as to what their "last day" will truly have in store for them.

Night Actions, please. The next chapter will be up in forty eight hours, or when I receive all actions.

This topic can now be locked, please.

Sign in to follow this