Sign in to follow this  
vahkimetru

Imperial River Runner

I know, it's crummy. I don't have a steering wheel for a ship so I resorted to using a gear. I made a custom sail, and added a cannon to transport.

river_runner_002.jpg

Description: River Runner is an Imperial Vessel. Easily off loaded from a larger ship, these small boats carry cannons and troops down rivers. They also serve as a water defense, because the captain driving the vessel can stop the boat and take control of the cannon.

More pics:

Rudder

The Bridge

Bow Cargo Hold

VM hauls the cannon off board

River Runner 2.0

[Added 6/2/06/]

river_runner_2.0_001.jpg

More pics. Note: The trans orange brick on the black minifig head is a lamp/torch thingy. The description above applies to this MOC. Changes included were a smaller rudder, different cannon handles, sturdier bow, and walls on the bridge.

More pics:

VM and cannon(Sorry for blurry, note the different handles)

Back with improved bridge

New rudder

New Bow

wow amazing!

Imean for sumn cummy......

k see you tonight.we'll discuss it,may tomrrow niht i could coe over and improve it, trst me amatuer+exeperince guy= awesome stuff.

Thanks, I'm glad my call to alert you I'd finally posted it came through.

And no, other users, he has never seen this MOC before.

PS Bring some black pieces to Synagouge tonight! We'll improve 'er there.

This looks interesting! Mr Vahkimetru you've been making a big splash into the waters of Pirate LEGO lately so well done. I'm not at home at the moment so I won't look at all the pictures until then. And after I do that I shall comment upon your MOC.

Thanks. Pirates easily grew on me, especially Imperials, easily, because my history lesson recently was on wars in the 18th century. My teacher thought the Imperials were a "cute" model of British in the 18th century.

Did you tell your teacher that they were also model of the British in 17th century as well? :-D

As for the River Runner... Is this a small vessel which The Imperial Guards use to make speedy sails up rivers in search of pirate hideouts? Obviously the Imperial Guards cannot send their bigger ships up riverslike the Imperial Flagship because they would be extremely difficult to manoeuvre further upstream, and pirates could see them coming from miles away - so not very good for stealth tactics!

Yes, it goes up rivers and transports guns and men to the outside of a pirate fort or outpost to take it down. Not only for stealth, these guys can still transport small platoons in regular places.

You don't happen to have a small platoon of Imperial Guards to load onto the Imperial River Runner to take pictures of? It looks like it wouldn't be able to support that many - I'd estimate about 5 maximum if they were all lined up in a row. How big are you platoons?

I was thinking about five. I don't have that much but I'll take pics next month when I visit my cousin who has a boatload of pirates and Imperials.

I must say this moc is of pure inventiveness and I would never have thought such a thing to get my imperial guards high up stream to fight the pirates. I must ask what the imperial guard in the picture is holding on to for i am wondering if it is a steering wheel. I didn't boats like this had such devices for steering

Don't you think a gear is too futuristic for this MOC and does it even need a steering wheel to beginn with? When I look of old boats and ships I see a stick is used to move the rudder from side to side, what you have here reminds me of the speed boats of today. So does it need a steering wheel really?

I have no seen his online amongst us in the better part of 2 weeks now. Perhaps he has becomed busy with his schooling and has no time for writing on such forums. I shall send message to him and ask him where he is.

No he has not replied of current so perhaps he is busy with his schooling or he has been banned from such forums. And by this banned I mean by his parents not by the managment here. It would be sad for his bannedment for I had more questions to ask of him.

This moc has potential. with more apropriot parts you can build something really interesting.

Not that this moc is uninteresting it can still be fun to play with just not as realistic as I'ld prefer.

This moc has potential. with more apropriot parts you can build something really interesting.

Not that this moc is uninteresting it can still be fun to play with just not as realistic as I'ld prefer.

I do not think the apricot parts suit this moc and I think more of them would make it look bad. I think brown would be a better colour for it like the way Ghoulrealm has builded it.

I do not think the apricot parts suit this moc and I think more of them would make it look bad. I think brown would be a better colour for it like the way Ghoulrealm has builded it.

Huh? at first I was going to ask what an "apricot part" was but then I realized it was a typo and it was supposed to spell "apropriot parts" but that was also a typo and it was really supposed to spell "appropriate parts", but now Cap'n Ironhook is saying that he "does not think the appropriate parts suit this moc" which makes no sense to me because if something it appropriate it suits the something well. And then he says "more of them would make it look bad" which is also impossible becuase as I said before, if the part is appropriate it must, by the means of its definition, make a moc look better, otherwise it would be inappropriate.

Are my above assumptions correct?

apricot ,Lol X-D

I don't think I've ever seen a moc so bad that I'ld throw fruit at it....

maybe the +4 sets!

My mistake, I thought he meant apricot colored parts like the one the soldier stands upon and the one at the front of the ship. Apricot is the name of that color is it not, or might that color be pink? I just said it was apricot because I got the word wrong. What I mean was more apricot pieces would make the ship look wrong.

Ah, OK, It didn't even come to mind that you refering to something different than Ghoulrealm and "apricot" actually ment the color "apricot" and not a typo for appreciate. Now I understand, Thanks ;-)

I did mean appropriate as in suitable or more becoming.

I've never heard of lego having apricot color so it didn't occur to me either.

Colors have many different names, but I usually go by the bricklink names