Sign in to follow this  
Bob

Red Scare Mystery - Chapter Seven

Trying as hard as I could, I can find nothing seriously incriminating in anyone's actions so far. Chief Phelps is probably being framed, the lost badge clue is too blatant to be believed. So I'm withholding my vote until more comes up. Beware of those who are turning us against each other.

Ah, but we haven't had any night kills yet. So how can we be sure they even have a night killer? Or are you the night killer who just had a slip of the tongue? I'm confident in my vote.

Don't fool yourself. Rationalizing your actions isn't going to help. And yes, there is killer on the loose. Did you happen to notice that Valerie was killed, and the Mayor got a flesh wound?

Personally, I'm quite suspicious of you since you seem to purposely act stupid and go along with the crowd.

Also, I'm surprised the Mayor switched his vote, since I based my vote on his evidence. What's his purpose? Why suddenly switch sides? I simply argued with Dolores based on that evidence, and somehow I become more suspicious. Maybe he was converted, which would be a smart move considering so many people trust him.

default_hmpf.gif

I'm done. I'm not going to give you the satisfaction of lynching an innocent townie. When all of you are wiped out, I'll be having the last laugh from D.C.

I'll tell you the flaw in your logic right here. The person that killed Valerie wasn't from the town, it was an outsider. I think that's a pretty obvious fact, seeing as everyone was accounted for at the time of the murder. I need to go lay down now, you're making me speak of my Late Wife and it's upsetting me greatly.

Vote: Chief Ryan Phelps/JimButcher

The crowd is the main reason for my vote. Okay, I'll admit it, I'm jumping on the band wagon, but sadly, I doubt doing nothing would be a better corse of action. Your defence does strike me as suspicious though. I probably would have refrained from voting were you not so violent in defending yourself. Being rational would have atleast been one less vote, and you probably would have done a better job convincing others in your defence, but, you choose what to do. I'm going for a lie down.

Vote Count:

Matt Liebenston (Dragonator): 1; (Shadows)

Dolores Jefferson (Def): 2; (Captain Genero, JimButcher)

Chief Ryan Phelps (JimButcher): 10; (Def, Cralegoboy, Flitwick, Legonater, Walter Kovacs, Adm.Ron, Capt. John Paul, CorneliusMurdock, The Crazy One, iamded)

No Vote Placed: 12; (JCC1004, CallMePie, brickme, Burman, Fugazi, Dragonator)

A little over 2 hours remain.

Thank you very much, I'm happy to have my head off the chopping block. Honestly, the suspicion was equal between me and Phelps, but I can only verify my own decency. I hope we haven't sentenced a good man.

Thank you very much, I'm happy to have my head off the chopping block. Honestly, the suspicion was equal between me and Phelps, but I can only verify my own decency. I hope we haven't sentenced a good man.

Too late. default_classic.gif

Closed!

Vote Count:

Chief Ryan Phelps (JimButcher): 10; (Def, Cralegoboy, Flitwick, Legonater, Walter Kovacs, Adm.Ron, Capt. John Paul, CorneliusMurdock, The Crazy One, iamded)

The townspeople convicted their Police Chief. Please don't lock this topic just yet, the conclusion of Chapter 7 will be up soon.

Final Vote Count:

The once quiet townsfolk convicted their Chief of Police at the end of a heated debate. The Chief stood before them, adamant in his innocence.

img_0443.jpg

"I am innocent. You shall see this." was all the Chief could say.

img_0445.jpg

He lifted himself into the bed of the truck, full of pride and honor. The truck then sped off to Washington D.C.

"I do hope we're correct about this. Please return to your homes, and be on full alert." Inspector Liebenston said.

---------------

Later, after dropping Chief Phelps off, the truck was returning to Alabatha.

img_0446.jpg

"You should have been there. One of them said 'horizontal hustle', and it was hilarious." the driver commented.

The other laughed.

img_0447.jpg

"Say? What's that box in the middle of the road?"

"Probably nothing." The driver said.

The box then promptly exploded as the driver neared it, the truck was engulfed in flames. A figure stepped out from behind the bushes.

img_0448.jpg

"All to easy." it said.

End Chapter Seven, this topic may be locked, please.

Please get all Night Actions in to me in the next 48 hours. Next chapter, the action really picks up.