Evilplatypus

Hello from a returned LEGO fan

Hello everyone at Eurobricks!

After almost 13 years I have (finally?) rediscovered that my inner child really enjoys LEGO. I bought my own house (real one) and have just about got all the required furniture in, so now I intend to fill it with a lot of plastic building blocks.

I only have a few of the smallest creator boxes, a LEGO game (Harry Potter) and two Technics models at the moment, since I can't seem to find the LEGO I played with as a kid :sad: (yet!). So, I have a few basic blocks, the creator sonic boom jet (thanks Rufus) and the Emerald Night on order right now and can't wait for them to arrive.

As a kid I began only building what the instructions suggested, but after I acquired a sufficient amount of bricks I did start making my own stuff too. Can't recall if it was any good though... :laugh: Guess I will have to wait and see if I'm any good at MOC, but it has got me interested, especially after lurking here for a few weeks and seeing what you have all come up with.

Welcome back to the the world of Lego and to Eurobricks =)

I'm in the same situation, returned after 12 years, bought some set (well, I went crazy and bought 11=P) and will see if I can handle some MOC creating, just don't have my own house (yet)

And you won't regret buying the Sonic Boom, that set is perfect =)

Welcome to EB Evilplatypus. Hopefully you find your childhood sets.

Like a lot of things in life, MOCing takes practice. One thing I've found that helps is to look through the instructions of sets that look like they have interesting or unusual techniques. That way, you can learn how to do them, and possibly incorporate them into your own MOCs. And with many being available on the net, you won't have to spend a lot to do it.

Of course, after looking through the instructions, you might find that you absolutely have to have those sets anyway.

Welcome back to the wonderful world of Lego Evilplatypus! Don't worry too much about your small staring Lego collection, I'm sure in time that will grow significantly as your passion towards our beloved Lego intensifies. The creator sets are always a good starting point, and the new Sonic Boom is definitely a great set worth buying. Well, I hope you have fun here at the site. :classic:

Everybody thank you for the warm welcome!

I'm sure I will enjoy my time here; I still mostly lurk about, but if I do have anything to say, I will.

KielDaMan: Actually built the Sonic Boom yesterday and had a really good time. The problem doesn't seem to be the passion: it's all coming back to me really fast. Quite a few new bricks have been introduced in the last decade, so it's like being a small child again, discovering how things fit together, how the system is still so consistent and just pain having fun: wonderful!