Fugazi

Pharaoh's Quest 2011

The site does seem to be off for now. It's possible the site would have stayed up for longer had we not found it. :tongue:

Oh, and that mummy is nice. I hope that the headdresses will have printing like that in the sets. The blue and gold ones will benefit greatly with a bit of the other colour.

Sorry guys,but I bring bad news Johnny Thunder is not returning.He is being replaced by Jack Raines,and if you don't believe me, google 'lego Pharaoh's Quest' look for the link to the website and look under it.R.I.P Johnny Thunder.

Sorry guys,but I bring bad news Johnny Thunder is not returning.He is being replaced by Jack Raines,and if you don't believe me, google 'lego Pharaoh's Quest' look for the link to the website and look under it.R.I.P Johnny Thunder.

I think we know JT is done, but I had no idea this new guy's name is Jack Raine.

heh,yeah well it was lego's fault I found out,IT WAS ON GOOGLE!.Delibrately leaked,no doutbly,I hope I didn't get someone fired.Johnny Thunder was always my favorite mainly because he was an aussie, Like me!

heh,yeah well it was lego's fault I found out,IT WAS ON GOOGLE!.Delibrately leaked,no doutbly,I hope I didn't get someone fired.Johnny Thunder was always my favorite mainly because he was an aussie, Like me!

Where on Google? The Internet is infamous for random BS popping up. :tongue:

Did you not see my first post!okay type 'LEGO Pharaoh's Quest' in to the searchbar.Look at links and look under LEGO.com Pharaoh's Quest home and here is what it says "Find out about new LEGO Pharoah's Quest!Learn about the story of cursed Amset-Ra and the team of heros led by Jack Raines!

Thats ok I don't mind,but I wish Lego would remove those dog heads!(I don't like to say the name 'cause I'm christian)they just detereiorate from the set quality! how many pyramids have you seen with statues of them outside?It's RIDICULOUS!

Hey,whats with the black line on the brick on the link to this topic? :oh:

and EVERYBODY who reads this! let it be known that you can already build the dirt bike I have and I'd love to share a photo,but I don't know how to deeplink

Edited by JackRaines

Thats ok I don't mind,but I wish Lego would remove those dog heads!(I don't like to say the name 'cause I'm christian) they just detereiorate from the set quality! how many pyramids have you seen with statues of them outside?It's RIDICULOUS!

What dog heads? You mean the mummys?

Wrong!The things in the pyramid!you know jackal thingys if your wondering why I don't say the names look at my posts!

I saw. Oh you mean those. Okay. :wink: Hit the picture image at the top of the post bar and then enter the .jpg url of the image.

Thats ok I don't mind,but I wish Lego would remove those dog heads!(I don't like to say the name 'cause I'm christian)they just detereiorate from the set quality! how many pyramids have you seen with statues of them outside?It's RIDICULOUS!

You're kidding right? What would a statue or two of the Jackal God Anubis, guardian of the dead, be doing near a giant tomb? Also it should be noted that newer research suggests that the great Sphinx was likely a giant Anubis that was damaged and later re-carved with a the Pharaoh head we know today. So apparently Lego's new Sphinx set isn't as odd as we might think, albeit quite anachronistic.

No,you must be kidding,BECAUSE THE THEME IS SET IN 1924 or around that!so what wouldnt make the sphinx look weird if you found it in egypt with a jackal head instead of a human one?and have you been to egypt or seen pictures of the pyramids?because I certainly don't recall seeing any statues outside?research your history!

Edited by JackRaines

Wrong!The things in the pyramid!you know jackal thingys if your wondering why I don't say the names look at my posts!

Anubis? Geeze I'm a christian and it's not like I worship him because I say his name. :sceptic:

I hope that the stickers are transparent then I can make a mummy dinosaur like the one from ghostopolis. :sweet:

1279636467.jpg

@computerbug WTF is that thing!P.S.I knew you'd reply when I saw your username! and stop dissing me! I am the one who found out who the new guy was and I just don't like to say the name of it.Okay?

@computerbug WTF is that thing!P.S.I knew you'd reply when I saw your username! and stop dissing me! I am the one who found out who the new guy was and I just don't like to say the name of it.Okay?

Calm down. I'm sure a lot of people here noticed the guy's name. Plus, Lego isn't trying to be realistic. They just want to sell sets to little kids.

I wasn't dissing, I'm quite sorry if I offended you. I don't want to get you mad. But what's wrong with my username?

Nothing is wrong with your username that's just what some of us users use to refer to others without quoting,now lets try and get this place back to normal so here is a question what could lego's plan be with brick built creatures brick built pattern?(as in printing/stickers)and computerbug you didn't offend me and could you tell me how you get through the ranks here, I'd love to know!

Am I the only person still active on Eurobricks at this moment!

No.

Hello, I'm the staff member in charge of this sub-forum. Please keep things on topic. Or you might just attract the attention and ire of more senior staff.

I must admit I'm really looking forward to the Anubis dudes.

I hope that the stickers are transparent then I can make a mummy dinosaur like the one from ghostopolis. :sweet:

*snip*

Hey that looks neat!

Actually, a mummy dinosaur does sound good.I still can't upload anything but here are the bricks you need to build the dirtbike, 2 brown 1x2,2 round 1x1 clear studs,motorbike from 7196 chauchilla cemetery battle, dark grey 2x1 with bar on end(end with only 1 stud), 2 1x1s with clip,1x1 clear red stud.I'll try posting it again and hopefully when the sets come out I will have it right(apart from the color wich is red in race for the golden bar).I wonder what features the pyramid will have other than the pop-out walls

Jack Raines, huh? I love the name. And ironically, it fits in with the names of the good guys from the first Adventurers line, all of which were weather-related puns.

In the US at least, the main character was Johnny Thunder, the lead female was Gail Storm, the pilot was Harry Cane, and the professor was Dr. Lightning. As Adventurers continued, many characters were renamed: Gail became Pippin Reed, and Dr. Lightning became Dr. Kilroy. In the third year a more egregious rename occured-- the main villain Baron von Barron became known as Sam Sinister, which had previously been the name of his top-hatted and mustachioed sidekick, sparking a great deal of confusion. Thankfully, when Orient Expedition came out I was pleased to find that Harry Cane had kept his original pun-based name even after not appearing at all in the Jungle and Dino Island lines.

It's worth noting that this mostly applies for the US only. In many other countries, Johnny Thunder was known in his first appearance as Sam Grant, and Baron von Barron was known as Evil Eye. Not sure if they ever transitioned to using the American names, but I know that if they did the original, pun-based names (which were only ever made clear online and in the Mania Magazines of the time) probably never made it overseas.

There's my little history lesson for now. Back on topic, yes, I like the name Jack Raines, and wonder intently if LEGO might be referencing the theme's predecessor with the last name "Raines". In any case, looking forward to this theme.

You're kidding right? What would a statue or two of the Jackal God Anubis, guardian of the dead, be doing near a giant tomb? Also it should be noted that newer research suggests that the great Sphinx was likely a giant Anubis that was damaged and later re-carved with a the Pharaoh head we know today. So apparently Lego's new Sphinx set isn't as odd as we might think, albeit quite anachronistic.

Oh, really? I didn't hear of that.

Well, I still prefer the normal head. Maybe there could be a sphinx made with a mummy face and the headdress, which would look much better than the current jackal head and probably even a normal human head. I don't see how it could be built accurately, though...

Uh, what stickers? I don't remember seeing any bandage stickers, and I can't remember if the ones on those larger creatures were transparent...

Before the new Lego teaser site was taken down it made reference to professor Archibald Hale. So Jack Raines and Archibald Hale. Sounds like they could team up with Johnny Thunder to me. Despite the apparent anachronism* of an Anubis headed Sphinx, I am really looking forward to adding these to my Adventures sets. :grin:

*An anachronism—from the Greek ανά (ana: up, against, back, re-) and χρόνος (chronos: time)—is an accidental or deliberate inconsistency in some chronological arrangement, especially a chronological misplacing of persons, events, objects, or customs in regard to each other. The item is often an object, but may be a verbal expression, a technology, a philosophical idea, a musical style, a material, a custom, or anything else so closely associated with a particular period in time that it would be incorrect to place it outside its proper domain. A representation of something as existing or occurring at other than its proper time in history. :wink: