Fuzzylegobricks

Help Please! Prefab Baseplate vs. Building

Hey can you guys help me. I am currently working on two high speed trains from Europe but my problem is what to choose....

so I was wondering if I should use the molded plates that are for making trains or just use the bricks?

if you use the bricks how?

and if you use the templates can you give a link to them?

I knw that I have many questions but I have been thinking abut this for a while and dont know what to choose. :sceptic:

please give your opinions! :classic:

Thanks

I've no idea what molded plates you're talking about. Bogie plates? Motor sides?

What train you are building. TGV? ICE? Eurostar?

It always helps to post a picture of what you have tried sofar when asking for help.

If this is your first train I would use the train base. That Virgin train you picked is an ambitious design...

Good luck! Looking forward to your photo's.

If this is your first train I would use the train base. That Virgin train you picked is an ambitious design...

Good luck! Looking forward to your photo's.

im wondering if i should build the baes of the train withthese? or with normal bricks?

IMHO the only good reasons to use a brick built base are if you decide that you won't be building six wide. For your first train you should probably just stick with the one piece train bases. If you don't like the length you can extend them with two layers of normal plates.

A word of advice though, these sort of very vague open questions won't get you very helpful answers. You should really experiment a bit so you have more directed questions. People are also more likely to respond quickly if they are clear on what you are asking.

Good luck with your MOC, I really like the look of that Virgin train.

Peter

Edited by peterab

I never use the standard train baseplates. The are always too small or too large or the wrong colour.

I always use standard plates with a 2x6 technic plate for connecting the bodie plate to the body of the train.

I never use the standard train baseplates. The are always too small or too large or the wrong colour.

I always use standard plates with a 2x6 technic plate for connecting the bodie plate to the body of the train.

thanks! :laugh:

im wondering if i should build the baes of the train withthese? or with normal bricks?

and if i should use the bricks how?

here is a picture of the train! :classic:

here is the train :cry_happy: please help.

Considering that 4073 doesn't come in light bley and you'd probably want a light bley base I think the decision is out of your hands ;)

Just build it. It's not exactly hard work to put plates next to each other :)

Tim

Considering that 4073 doesn't come in light bley and you'd probably want a light bley base I think the decision is out of your hands ;)

Just build it. It's not exactly hard work to put plates next to each other :)

Tim

yeah ok