8 members have voted

1. 1. How do you rate them?

• Excellent
    • Above Average
    • Average
    • Below Average
    • Poor

MMCB Custom Minifig Cloth Accessories

MMCB produces hand-crafted LEGO figure cloth accessories that we need, but TLG doens't produce. The capes can be printed with various patterns in different colours, or you could just have them plain. There are pauldrons, weapon holsters, trenchcoats, tunics, ponchos and lots more: all customisable to suit your needs.

The owner of the site gets lots of orders (as you could expect) and sometimes you have to wait for a few weeks for him to clear the limit of 30 orders, send them, and restock his inventory. He lives in Australia and shipping is $3 to all the places he delivers to. :thumbup:

Recently I purchased some of these items. They are very cheap for what they are and are superb quality! However, they are not for more than medium play, but as TFOLs/AFOLs I think we won't need to worry about that. Unless you have kids, in which case beware! :tongue::laugh:

They come packed very nicely in a thin box about the size of a CD case.

package1.jpg

package2.jpg

package3.jpg

package5.jpg

package4.jpg

The capes themselves are in baggies...

capes1.jpg

capes2.jpg

Cape, plain white - $1.50

This is almost identical to LEGO's, but the texture is halfway inbetween the classic cloth and the new 'crisp' style.

wcape1.jpg

Obi-Wan looks pretty good in it I think!

wcape2.jpg

b.tcs1.jpg

Trenchcoat (Style 2, black) - $1.50

A simply awesome idea made in the most professional way. The cloth is foldable, so you can have the collars up or down. The legs are easy to move, the arms a little harder. Here is the Clark Kent a.k.a The Blur from Smallville testing out his new costume.

style1_1.jpg

style1_2.jpg

style1_3.jpg

Reference picture:

rsz_clarksuit.jpg

Trenchcoat (Style 1, with slit, black) - $1.50

Same as above, except it has a slit at the back. It works just as well, if not a little better due to more manouvreability of the legs. This time we have one of Clark's arch enemies, General Zod (left).

style2_1.jpg

style2_3.jpg

style2_4.jpg

fin.jpg

Overall, I would give these products 95%. The only small issues are the stiff arms and maybe the folding of the trenchcoat collars. Apart from that, I highly recommend these!

Thanks for reading, and I hope this was helpful. :classic:

Edited by Jammiedodger714

Nice review, Jammiedodger714. Thanks for sharing.

I'll move it to the MCW, where it belongs :wink:

I would just like to make a small correction to the review if I may.

Trenchcoat Style 1 has the slit in the back.

Trenchcoat Style 2 has NO slit.

Other than that, thanks for the great review. I'm happy that you like my accessories and have put them to some great uses.

MMCB

I enquired yesterday as to who made these cloaks,i checked out MMCB's website and was a little put off as im in the U.K and they are in O.Z,however having seen you are in the U.K too i feel an order coming on!

Great review fella,has defo made my mind up to get me some :thumbup:

Just so happens I might be on the market for some body wear, having looked at these amazing examples. I would make them myself, but it would be a lot better to have them made in cloth (which I don't have access to, and I'm not so good with).

I enquired yesterday as to who made these cloaks,i checked out MMCB's website and was a little put off as im in the U.K and they are in O.Z,however having seen you are in the U.K too i feel an order coming on!

I get orders from all over the world. The highest amount are from the USA, closely followed by the UK.

Thanks guys! :sweet:

@ mmcb: No problem! They're worth the review! I made that change as well. :classic:

Very nice review Jammie, thanks for sharing. The trenchcoats are really interesting and I might have to pick up some as they look very useful in MOCs. :thumbup: