the Inventor

Galaxy Patrol

That mecha is a MOC!I saw it on brickshelf way in the the back.The owner calls it "the hand of justice".

The owner is Nabii, a.k.a. Mark Stafford, an official set designer for LEGO. Several of these models were his designs.

Here's a list of some of the sets he designed or otherwise contributed significantly to in some way.

Edited by Aanchir

And is it just me or is that large transforming cruiser in the first pic a hundred times cooler than the Galactic Enforcer? :sceptic:

Wish you could see some of the stuff from that poster in real life... that prototype Galactic Enforcer (or possibly an unrelated prototype flagship) looks pretty incredible.

Yeah, that could have been the best official LEGO ship ever! :wub:

*huh* Going by the photo numbers it seems to be a dumb question, but did you get a photo of the prototype Atlantis set that you can see half of in this photo?

I think the best of these models is the mech, but I've seen it on Nabii's Brickshelf gallery too. I guess TLG lets the designers publish these prototypes as MOCs if it becomes clear that they will not be released as sets.

The prototype flagship set is nice, but I actually like the look of the final Galactic Enforcer much better. The prison pod design is interesting though, especially the use of the Model Team wheel hubs.

Very interesting prototypes! It's amazing how the police ship in the fourth picture looks like a Classic Space ship of the Galaxy Commander design era!

That was my first thought too when I saw that one. It was definitely inspired by the old 6890. :thumbup:

I think the best of these models is the mech, but I've seen it on Nabii's Brickshelf gallery too. I guess TLG lets the designers publish these prototypes as MOCs if it becomes clear that they will not be released as sets.

The prototype flagship set is nice, but I actually like the look of the final Galactic Enforcer much better. The prison pod design is interesting though, especially the use of the Model Team wheel hubs.

That was my first thought too when I saw that one. It was definitely inspired by the old 6890. :thumbup:

Actually I threw my MOCs in the display cabinet because on the first and last day of LEGOWorld none of the other Designers had enough material to help fill it up!

They were not made as part of development, they were made at home with my own bricks, prototype models are the property of LEGO and I can't put them on my MOCpages/brickshelf (though I'd love to). Most of the visitors would never be spot this, but I guess Eurobricks is all seeing!

The large spacecraft in the 'Galaxy Patrol' picture is by Tim Ainley (Squidman himself), but it was considered to be too Mars Mission in Design, and the function too complex to make building instructions for our age group, however his loss was my gain as I got to design Galactic Enforcer. Those prison pods looked great, but did not have the pop open function that was required. The car is of course the original concept model by Adam Grabowski (Mister Zumbi) that I got to adapt for the 'Hyperspeed Pursuit' set.

And yes, the 6890 was the inspiration for that sketch model, it's one of my all time favourite LEGO sets, believe it or not there's room for a droid (same one as the Galactic Enforcer) that fits in just behind the cockpit!

Cheers,

M.

Most of the visitors would never be spot this, but I guess Eurobricks is all seeing!

Thanks for taking the time to clarify these. :wub: Even though I like the design, I do agree with what you say about the ship by Tim and the pod design. If you sold that people would think it was a rehash of the MX-81.

Still, I'd love a better picture of it! :laugh: