the Inventor

Galaxy Patrol

Well last Saturday I was at LegoWorld Zwolle, the Netherlands.

And there was a stand with Lego Designers were they showed new sets and prototypes of sets.

There I saw some Space Police 3 prototypes, that I wanted to share with you.

Apparently they called Space Police, Galaxy Patrol before naming it Space Police:

img_0267.jpg

img_0248.jpg

I do like the police version of the Skull Twins space vehicle:

img_0247.jpg

img_0249.jpg

img_0251.jpg

img_0252.jpg

This ship I really like:

img_0264.jpg

img_0266.jpg

the Inventor

Very interesting prototypes! It's amazing how the police ship in the fourth picture looks like a Classic Space ship of the Galaxy Commander design era!

img_0249.jpg6890-1.jpg

Very interesting, thank you for the post!!!!

I really like this, the mech-like one:

img_0251.jpg

It looks so .... transformable/swooshable/playable ..... :wub:

Pirate

Edited by Piratedave84

Some very interesting designs

img_0251.jpg

I really like this mecha. It looks a lot like the Ultra Drill Walker from the Mars Mission line.

img_0266.jpg

This looks also very nice, although maybe a bit to fragile for a police ship.

Very interesting prototypes! It's amazing how the police ship in the fourth picture looks like a Classic Space ship of the Galaxy Commander design era!

img_0249.jpg6890-1.jpg

That was my first thought when I saw it, too. The similarity is so conspicious, it can't be a coincidence, imho.

Thanks for sharing these pics, the inventor.

Edited by Plastemaurer

Ah yes, I remember when we first got prelim set names of this line, it was called Galaxy Patrol too. I still like that name better than Space Police, which in my opinion is too straight forward in describing what the theme is (police in space). And is it just me or is that large transforming cruiser in the first pic a hundred times cooler than the Galactic Enforcer? :sceptic:

And yeah, too bad we never got that mech (or any mecha for that matter) in this theme.

Thanks for sharing these pictures, they are some nice designs.

I would do horrible things for this Police "Car"

Yeah me to! That would have made a really sweet set, its got a great 70's style to it.

Very interesting, thank you for the post!!!!

I really like this, the mech-like one:

img_0251.jpg

It looks so .... transformable/swooshable/playable ..... :wub:

Pirate

Agreed! I like this one a lot, and this one too:

img_0264.jpg

As for the Hyperspace Pursuit, I'm happy with the final product. Some of those prototypes are horrible!

Thanks for sharing the pictures, they look very similar to the current space police line, in terms of color and design. The mech is cool though.

Interesting designs, I wonder two things.....1. Why didn't the mecha make it - now would have been cool - a monster cop (eat your heart out Robocop ! :laugh: ).....2. Why didn't they use the title 'Galaxy Patrol' it totally sounds sci-fi ?

Keep on......patrolling ! :grin:

Galaxy patrol sounds kind of cheesy to me. I bet the reason was to bait the old space fans. We are junkies ya know.

It is going to be a while before I recover from the disappointment of TLG not releasing that spider mech thing. I wonder if I can make a MoC that looks similar to it, but I'd need new pieces I think.

The current Galactic Enforcer has a strong Classic Space vibe to it as well.

Interesing indeed to see the SP3 prototypes, thanks for sharing The Inventor! It's a good thing they never used the "Galaxy Patrol" name, it's good to stick with the ol' reliable Space Police. But that mecha would have made a good set.

Nabii has definitely posted some of these "sets" on his flickr as MOCs. Makes me wonder-- were they prototypes that simply never stood a chance? Were they MOCs that someone decided to sneak in?

Wish you could see some of the stuff from that poster in real life... that prototype Galactic Enforcer (or possibly an unrelated prototype flagship) looks pretty incredible.

Thanks for showing us these pictures! I am now excited to buy that Mecha :wub:

I am sorry , but these are SP3 prototypes that never seen the light, so it is unlikely we'll be able to buy the mecha >(

These all seem very interesting, however, I'm more interested in what appears to be a Power Miners vehicle beside the mecha. Did you get to take photos of that as well?

These all seem very interesting, however, I'm more interested in what appears to be a Power Miners vehicle beside the mecha. Did you get to take photos of that as well?

Yes I did take pictures of those as well:

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Iam-the-Inventor/LegoWorld/2010/img_0253.jpg

and

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Iam-the-Inventor/LegoWorld/2010/img_0254.jpg

the Inventor

img_0267.jpg

Still would like to see this see the light of day in some form. If we don't have a proper Space theme for some time, perhaps in Star Wars as some unknown Republic Cruiser? :blush:

img_0249.jpg

Could TLG be saving this one for a reboot of something Classic? :wink:

img_0251.jpg

Now I'm sure this mech could be re-themed somewhere... :thumbup:

Edited by Spacefan

I am sorry , but these are SP3 prototypes that never seen the light, so it is unlikely we'll be able to buy the mecha >(

I am sad :cry_sad: For some reason when I thought "prototype", I was thinking in the design stage, but now I am :sad: