Sign in to follow this  
fred67

My take on the Mariachi Band

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

These collectibles are inspiring, IMO, and I've seen a lot of great little vignettes that people have done. I've done a lot more than this one, but this is my favorite:

mariachi_01.jpg

Violin and Acoustic Guitar from BrickForge.

mariachi_02.jpg

The "Trumpet" is the clown's horn with the ball cut off. In retrospect, I should have "shaved" it, since the color under the black matches the rest of the horn, and it would have been longer... now it's laughably short. Yes, I realize there's a lot of inuendo in this paragraph... please restrain yourselves.

mariachi_04.jpg

Edited by Rufus
Indexed

Brickforge's guitar and violin is perfectly suited for this Mariachi band! Those two goes along well with the clown's trumpet and the maraccas. Great job 'organizing' this band fred67! :thumbup:

Nice! As KDM said, they go well with the other instrumnets, but IMO, the violin is too long for the guy's arm

Nice! As KDM said, they go well with the other instrumnets, but IMO, the violin is too long for the guy's arm

Thanks... it actually looks better if he holds it the other way, like they're in between sets or something... but it's more accurate to hold it that way, and you're right... it's just too long for minifigures. Moreover, it wasn't until I made this MOC that I realized there's no bow! D'oh!

Nice work, you did a good job with the instruments. However, I would suggest that you use the drumstick form brickforge for the violin bow.

Nice work! Keeo it up! :classic: