Fires-storm

Night Striker

This one is pretty much entirely a result of Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow, and after using Jon Hall's excellent technique, decided to try my own with the clicking hinge pieces, no idea what they are called at this moment.

The inspiration for this came from the British Amphibious Squadron, with touches of Messerschmitt and Mustang.

And now....on to the pics!

5015708099_4eb503eacb.jpg

5016315966_82d836b6db.jpg

5016315852_8e4e301c60.jpg

5016315780_42418fe03a.jpg

I hope you all enjoy it, and forgive the photography, it was a battle just to get my camera to take these! Buying a new one soon....(Hopefully). :thumbup:

Looks great! Very interesting use of the wheels for the front part and the twin engine turbine propellers. The columnar build of the body is very unique too, first time I've seen this. Overall I like it a lot, good job Fires-storm! default_thumbup.gif

Looks great! Very interesting use of the wheels for the front part and the twin engine turbine propellers. The columnar build of the body is very unique too, first time I've seen this. Overall I like it a lot, good job Fires-storm! default_thumbup.gif

Thanks, I'm glad you like it! I used the column body to give it a nice slim effect, and figure out a way to attach those dang wings :tongue:

This is a really nice design. The front part looks a bit like a radial engine, which is great. I also like the guns very much and the propellers in push configuration. Very well done Fire-storm. :thumbup:

Thanks mates, I'm glad you both like it! I'd never really seen the fans used in airplanes before, and not really many props in a reverse configuration, so I thought I'd combine the two and say what the hey. Glad its this popular :laugh:

Edited by Fires-storm

The flow of the plane and guns are nicly done. :classic: But somehow the tailfin and the front in combination with the column body don't work for me colorwise, maybe you can work on this in your next build. :thumbup:

The flow of the plane and guns are nicly done. :classic: But somehow the tailfin and the front in combination with the column body don't work for me colorwise, maybe you can work on this in your next build. :thumbup:

Thanks, I actually scraped a mech to get the guns to flow right :tongue: Also, do you mean color wise, or is it to angular for the tail and front? I personally like them, but would have liked them both to be black, or maybe yellow....hmmmm. Your comments on this would be most welcome! :thumbup::classic:

Thanks, I actually scraped a mech to get the guns to flow right :tongue: Also, do you mean color wise, or is it to angular for the tail and front? I personally like them, but would have liked them both to be black, or maybe yellow....hmmmm. Your comments on this would be most welcome! :thumbup::classic:

I only mean colorwise. You could play around and try different combo's; like a black tailfin or a hint of yellow. Or hints of grey in the wings to make it more matching. :wink:

I only mean colorwise. You could play around and try different combo's; like a black tailfin or a hint of yellow. Or hints of grey in the wings to make it more matching. :wink:

Ah, thanks! At first I thought you meant the shape, so I was a touch worried :tongue: But yeah, once I get more bricks the plane is definitely changing up its colors a bit, and for now its being scrapped for a new plane :thumbup:

Hello!

A very aerodynamic looking ship. You included many round bricks and tyres very well in the design. :classic:

In my opinion, a trans-clear cockpit would look much better for this ship instead of the dark trans-black on on the already dark main body. :classic:

Cheers,

~ Christopher

Hello!

A very aerodynamic looking ship. You included many round bricks and tyres very well in the design. :classic:

In my opinion, a trans-clear cockpit would look much better for this ship instead of the dark trans-black on on the already dark main body. :classic:

Cheers,

~ Christopher

Thanks, I'm glad you like the design! Also I was originally going to do a trans-clear cockpit, but trans-black matched the plane pretty well, and I also wanted to try to save the trans-clear for my white planes. I'm glad you like the rest of it though! :thumbup: