Lego Otaku

Track designer type program in 3D?

I found a picture in the Brick Issue #11 from Brickish Assocation.

monorail_train.png

Designing a 3 or 4 level Monorail layout with TDD would be a challenge, keeping track of which tracks are at which level. Is there a 3D type program for Windows that can do Monorail tracks, is not convoluted to use, and can print a quick part list like TDD?

PS I'm guessing towball connectors to make that train 6 cars long?

You could use MLCAD. Monorail curves have recently been added to the LDRAW parts library. You'd need to hop to and get someone (or yourself) to model ramps and points though to complete the track collection.

Is there a 3D type program for Windows that can do Monorail tracks, is not convoluted to use, and can print a quick part list like TDD?

Track Designer (yes that old war horse) tracks monorail height differences, not 3D but will do the job

5016444343_705f44f748.jpg

PS I'm guessing towball connectors to make that train 6 cars long?

Yes

William

(Previous editor of BrickIssue)

You can use BlueBrick to design the layout and save it as and LDR file. You can then adjust the heights of the track in MLCAD.

The same question was once posted here in the dedicated BlueBrick thread.

If you have any further questions about BlueBrick, please post them in the BlueBrick thread. We'll be glad to help. The BlueBrick webpage has links to the video tutorials and the program also has a detailed, integrated help file. It can also give you a part list (or you can also generate it while in MLCAD)

To those who have been waiting for me to post the BlueBrick Set GIFs that I had promissed, I am truly sorry, I have been snowed under at work (it is almost 1 AM... and I have just finished for the day :wacko: )

Edited by missouri_bb63