Sign in to follow this  
Sam Vimes

Discworld

Hi Guys

I love the Discworld Books by Terry Pratchett, I was wondering if any of you guys or Gals read them ?

I think they are some of the greatest books, my some of my favorites ones are the ones with the Witches and Wizards.

So Here are some Questions

What are your favorite characters ? mine are Rincewind, Carrot, Granny Weatherwax, Cohen, Sam Vimes.

And What are your favorite Books of discworld, Mine are the Witches Books and the Wizards, and also ones like Jingo, Hogfather, Making Money, Feet of Clay.

So does anyone like Discworld on this forum Lets find out shall we.

Hi!

I'm the Discworld fan, too! :)

My favourite series is Guards, then Wizards.

Craracters: Carrot, Ridcully, Cranny, well, I can hardly find a Pratchett's character whom I don't like.

Be sure to see L-space's DW creations.

I have seen L-space's creations, I used to wander on to this site, looking at them in awe.

Also is anyone exitced for the I shall wear Midnight book that is coming out.

Yes, that's great news, but I wont' read it until I real the first two Tiffany's books (currently reading the Hogfather)

Yeah, I love them, but I haven't read all of them. I'm a bit weirded out by the notion that, when I've read the most recent one, I can't simply wander into a shop to get the next one. So, I'm trying not to catch up with the good Mr. Pratchett. The next one I have to read is Making Money.

Funding issues mean I'm rereading old ones in no particular order at the moment. I'm nearly re-finished Mort. I read Hogfather and Soul Music last week. Probably Reaper Man next. It's probably easy to guess that my favourite character is DEATH, but I also like the City Watch, Lord Vetinari and the Ankh-Morpork Times crew.

Tiffany, is she the one with the little blue guys?

Edited by Dunjohn

I haven't read any of those, just a preview chapter in the back of one of the more recent mainline books.

I haven't read any of those, just a preview chapter in the back of one of the more recent mainline books.

Well, you might want to give it a go. They are certainly worth it. I just finished Wintersmith, for the second time.

Still my favorite are the Watch.

I'm big fan of T.P. Discworld,but,in Italy we have not al the book, the last i find in the shop is "the science of Discworld".

I'm lucky because i can read english,and i enjoy the two Movie!

The best character fo me is DEATH...he ...smile!!

Lego + Discworld

http://www.mocpages.com/folder.php/46808

Hey everybody.

After seeing that, exept me, there are a lot of Pratchett and Discworld fans around here, I thought it was time to unite!

In my Small Gods thread Sam Vimes suggested to start a little fanclub of our own.

So here it is, the Eurobricks Discworld Fanclub.

Here all the lovers of the series can talk about their favorite books in the series, their favorite characters and so on...

Have fun!

PS: to the mods, if there is allready such a thread, then I'm really sorry. I couldn't find one.

Umm.. Great Idea but I did make a Discworld Topic a few months back if you want to use that one instead.. about a club would be a good idea!

And now they're merged. Carry on!

Hi I'm a big Discworld fan, I have almost all of the books, they are such engrosing stories. Think that my favourite group are the Watch books, (I even directed a play of 'Men at Arms'), I just finished re-reading 'Guards Gurads' and a couple of days ago I picked up a cheap copy of 'The Wit & Wisdom of the Discworld' in the WHSmiths sale :classic:

D

About a club... what I would like to do is either make a web site for Lego and Discworld Fans or do something about that, maybe a bunch of us could start messageing each other about something like that.

About a club... what I would like to do is either make a web site for Lego and Discworld Fans or do something about that, maybe a bunch of us could start messageing each other about something like that.

A great idea!

I'm fully behind it!

And i didn't notice your thread,sorry. :cry_sad:

Bought five discworld novels!

- Hogfather

- Soul music

- Moving pictures

- Mort

- Guards! guards!

I finished the Hogfather and Soul music already, and now I'm reading Moving pictures.

They are hilarious!