Ignited_Impulse

Double sided face removal

Does anyone know a good way to remove double sided faces? I absolutely hate these things. For one I can't use certain hats or leave them as peg heads and two sometimes they are not aligned correctly. Prince Dastan is wearing a turban because his poop face is visible coming out of his bangs.

I'm pretty sure Brasso is a good print remover, but I never used it before. If you search well enough, there is a good tutorial on how to use that here on EB. :classic:

I'm pretty sure Brasso is a good print remover, but I never used it before. If you search well enough, there is a good tutorial on how to use that here on EB. :classic:

I did read that somewhere but didn't seem to work very well. This could very well be due to my can of Brasso being circa 1979.

I did read that somewhere but didn't seem to work very well. This could very well be due to my can of Brasso being circa 1979.

Probably. You should probably get a new bottle. It's not that expensive either. I saw it at Wal-Mart for $2.99 Canadian.

EDIT: I found the tutorial here. :classic:

Edited by prateek

Probably. You should probably get a new bottle. It's not that expensive either. I saw it at Wal-Mart for $2.99 Canadian.

EDIT: I found the tutorial here. :classic:

I think that was the tutorial I had found. Once again, I'll have to try with a new can of Brasso. Thanks!

Does anyone know a good way to remove double sided faces? I absolutely hate these things.

The fastest and least damaging way is to replace them with one-sided faces, of course. :tongue:

I myself love the variety of expressions the double-sided faces offer, so I'm not bothered much if I see part of a mouth showing on the minifig's neck. :laugh:

In stead of brasso you can always use tooth paste. Works for me every time, plus it makes your figs smell minty fresh!

In stead of brasso you can always use tooth paste. Works for me every time, plus it makes your figs smell minty fresh!

Does it really work that well? :wacko:

I have been looking for ways to add freshness to my minifigures. How long do you leave it on?

I have been looking for ways to add freshness to my minifigures. How long do you leave it on?

It doesn't just magically work by itself, you have to do some of the work too! :tongue:

The toothpaste acts as an abrasive, so when you apply it, you need to scrub it with a paper towel or small cloth. After the printing comes off, just run some water over the head and dry it off with a paper towel. If there is still printing on the head, just repeat the process.

I used this method to get a "shaved" Indy head, and it works great. They only negative is that it might take a while.

Have Fun!

Edited for grammar.

Edited by Tinn-man

:laugh: I tried the same thing. Probably why it didn't work with me, either.

I really love two-sided faces, but they are a pain to use sometimes, especially with hair.

:laugh: I tried the same thing. Probably why it didn't work with me, either.

I really love two-sided faces, but they are a pain to use sometimes, especially with hair.

Does using toothpaste scratch the plastic?

Any preferred type of toothpaste? Paste, gel, bursting flavor crystals?

This conversation is just getting ridiculous :tongue: Still I would love to know as well.