Has anyone else run across these yet?

bizarre oversized minifigs tethered to big battery boxes for $10 at my toys r us. and being 'articulated figure on battle sound base', around the same price as the spinner base sets, this looks like lego trying to get in on the 'gullible grandmas buy the knock-offs' action :tongue:

example. most of the characters are available in this form though, at least according to the back of the packaging

don't get me wrong though, they're pretty dang faithful upscaled replicas, and that's cool. I'd probably get the Sensei Wu (because that is one worshipfully cool design) but still...

bizarre oversized minifigs tethered to big battery boxes for $10 at my toys r us. and being 'articulated figure on battle sound base', around the same price as the spinner base sets, this looks like lego trying to get in on the 'gullible grandmas buy the knock-offs' action :tongue:

example. most of the characters are available in this form though, at least according to the back of the packaging

don't get me wrong though, they're pretty dang faithful upscaled replicas, and that's cool. I'd probably get the Sensei Wu (because that is one worshipfully cool design) but still...

Interesting, looks legitimate to me :classic:

Interesting, looks legitimate to me :classic:

well yeah I mean I know it's an official licensed product :wink: it's just that it's an odd addition to the product lineup. I don't know how it came into being... just a slightly larger than life minifig roped to a giant, nothing special, clunky, tinny sound chip carabiner.

I guess there's a certain market for 'backpack clips' but it still doesn't make much sense to me.

Hey! a product page.

I like that the graphics are 'complimentary' :hmpf::tongue:

Edited by SpiderSpaceman

Kids like stuff like that. Really. Certain kinds of keyring are almost a toy you can take to school without getting any trouble from teachers. This time of year they make "stocking fillers". I've also seen the Keylights but I do not want Garmadon and he was the only one left in stock.

Kids like stuff like that. Really. Certain kinds of keyring are almost a toy you can take to school without getting any trouble from teachers. This time of year they make "stocking fillers". I've also seen the Keylights but I do not want Garmadon and he was the only one left in stock.

I can see a use for these beyond basic minifig keychains, too. Having grown up with LEGO's own minifig keychains, I've learned that regular figs can't take much of the wear and tear of jangling on a backpack (not to mention bullies who are all too happy to tear off a regular fig's arms and legs). If these are like the key lights, however, they're a lot more durable (although even those have issues with weakening joints and printing wearing off). I'd certainly be willing to give these a go.

Although the "sound bases" do seem a bit superfluous; I wonder what those "battle sounds" even sound like? :wacko:

Last week kids got the Book of Cole. (Zane is the last one needed). Cole is a friggin interesting personage for a 'kids' line.The writing is pretty good in this one. Nice stories.

Oh, they now have the Skull Truck as well. The build & play is better then the images tell.

Last week kids got the Book of Cole. (Zane is the last one needed). Cole is a friggin interesting personage for a 'kids' line.The writing is pretty good in this one. Nice stories.

Oh, they now have the Skull Truck as well. The build & play is better then the images tell.

Wait, where are you located? I've gotten the Kai and Zane books, but so far Cole's hasn't come out in the U.S. :cry_sad:

Maybe next year?

The Netherlands. Books are translated in Dutch and all. :)

Seen the released the book of Zane is epected here around Christmas, little before.

If they're that big, I'd expect more articulation. :/ But they're still kinda cool, I would get Zane if he was cheap.

: Is it just me or is LEGO avoiding making pearl gold "normal" light saber hilts? In Skeleton bowling, the "gold dual scythes" have light bley connectors, Nya's Gold Nick Daggers have black hilts, and Garmadons Gold Thunder Bolt is shortened from a staff using a light saber blade, light saber hilt, modified plate with clip on top, and trans purple-trans blue lightning to a gold modified hilt with horizontal studs and modified plate with the lightning, despite a lot of CGI images of Garmadons having a gold staff-like Thunder Bolt rather than the modified version found in his spinner set.