Sign in to follow this  
ThatGuyWithTheBricks

A well overdue introduction

So I'm bored and I have nothing to do, so I figured that it's about time I do this :tongue: .

The first set I remember getting was the 7121 Naboo Swamp, so I guess I started 'collecting' lego in 1999. The only other set I know that I have fro that year is the 7101 Lightsaber Duel.

So obviously SW was what got me hooked. I can't really describe myself as an SW-fanatic, I've only watched the OT twice and the PT once :oh: .

Legos were a big part of my childhood. Pokemon, Yu-Gi-Oh, and Runescape are all nostalgic to me. As for Lego, I liked SW, HP, Bionicle (my friend dressed up as one for Halloween once!), KK1 and 2, Adventurers, and more.

I started my 'Dark Age' in 2006 when I (stupidly) took apart all my sets and put them into boxes. I bought a few sets within that time, but not too much. I guess I regret not getting enough, but I don't think any of us would have done different.

What brought me out of my 'Dark Age' was actually that I started babysitting kids who loved Lego. If it weren't for them, I don't think I would be here now. I still babysit them today.

Thank god for Halo. When I got Halo 3: ODST. I got interested when I saw a version of a ghost in Lego. I didn't like it though, because the purple wasn't really deep enough. I set out to try to make one of my own, but I didn't have enough dark purple pieces. Both eBay and PaB came up empty. And that's how I discovered BrickLink. After that, I learned that I could build back sets together. So I started on my 'rebirth' craze, when I rebuilt a lot of sets. Man, it really brought back memories doing that :cry_happy: .

Anyways, my journey had just begun at that point. In January, I watched a video about Toy fair '10, and noticed something about Lego. So I googled it and found the motherload of Toy Fair coverage-FBTB. Now, I was finally emersed in the world of FOL's.

But how did I find EB? Ah, well, I was looking at ACPin's great entry for the EBCSWB, and I joined here for the sole purpose of making my own entry. I don't know how, but I started becoming a regular here :classic: .

While my collecting has just begun, I now consider myself a full-fledged FOL :pir-sweet: . I hope to continue being a part of the community for many years to come :grin: .

So, any questions? (pardon the longevity, I guess you can call me a Ramblin' Man :sweet: )

I guess it's a belated welcome to you Sir! And nice lengthy intro too. We've been bumping into each other regularly at the SW forum and I'm pretty impressed with your MOCs there. Well, see you around, as always, in the SW forum.