Sign in to follow this  
Captain Bayonet

Where is the Red Coats torso?

Are you sure "prateek". I've seen people with blue coat torsos, so I'm sure thera are red coats, Because Red Coats are clearly superior, don't you agree? :sweet:

these are stickers here:

officer.jpg

sergeant.jpg

mvc-057f.jpg

I think he is asking if you can get the torso in Lego Digital Designer Lego Universe mode. And to answer.. I am not sure if you can.

I think he is asking if you can get the torso in Lego Digital Designer Lego Universe mode. And to answer.. I am not sure if you can.

oops my bad, thought he meant in minifigs, I need to read the dang headers.

Edited by Asterios

Sadly neither the redcoat or bluecoat torsos appear in LDD, nor the pirate ones. You just have to improvise with what is there.

lddscreenshot1.png

Are you talking about these prints? If so, these aren't Bluecoat prints. They are from the Factory set 10192 Space Skulls. :classic:

Are you sure "prateek". I've seen people with blue coat torsos, so I'm sure thera are red coats, Because Red Coats are clearly superior, don't you agree? :sweet:

Sorry, I just mix them together and call them purple coats :tongue:

While Universe Mode has improved the face selection a good deal, the torso selection is still dismal and in some cases makes no sense. For instance, you can use Mr Krabs' torso, but they don't provide his head. When they were choosing decals to use for this, if there were only a set amount of spots open for torso selection, I'd have preferred a Pirate or Imperial torso. As for red or blue coat... I think the paint is mainly the black and white details, so soldiers could be red or blue coat, depending on how you color filled the torso. Or you could potentially have orange, purple, yellow and green coats... For now though, the space skulls seems to be a fun looking (if not accurate) stand in.

As for red or blue coat... I think the paint is mainly the black and white details, so soldiers could be red or blue coat,

Actually they used to have a white torso which was printed with either blue or red on the front, never quite understood the logic in that - maybe white torsos were cheaper to produce. The new redcoats have a printed red torso, but even that couldn't be easily used on a blue torso since bits of the detailing are in blue.

Ah well, here's hoping LDD 4 increases the number of torso prints somewhat.

Thanks for all the help you guys. I have found a suitable replacement for red coats (no it's not the space skulls torso). It's that torso with the dark blue jacket jacket and the dress shirt, ecxept it's in red. :sweet:

I'm a conformist!