Superkalle

LDD Design Contest Discussion thread

Sorry if someone already asked this but if you are using a piece for example that only comes in dark gray, can it be bley in the model?

I am not good with time and correct me if I am wrong, but if I'm in US pacific time that means I have till 12:00pm on sunday. :wacko:

Edited by greenskull139

Sorry if someone already asked this but if you are using a piece for example that only comes in dark gray, can it be bley in the model?

Yes. Exchanging dark grey to dark bluish grey and light grey to light bluish grey is OK to do.

Regarding time, the US pacific is 9 hours "after" CET (central european time). So when it's 21.00 in europe, it is 12 noon in US pacific.

I'm having troubles finding the brick count...

How do I check that can someone tell me?

Going full speed now to try to finish my MOC! I'm so under schedule :laugh:

Hi,

I too have just joined on word of this LDD Challenge. A great idea!

I most definitely understand the no voting policy. Its great to see other's work too.

There have been some fantastic late-timing entries too.

I hope to contribute more in the future.

lego911

I'm having troubles finding the brick count...

How do I check that can someone tell me?

Going full speed now to try to finish my MOC! I'm so under schedule :laugh:

The simplest way: In LDD - Generate a HTML building guide, on the first page it will tell you the brick count.

I too have just joined on word of this LDD Challenge. A great idea!

I hope to contribute more in the future.

Hey Lego911 - great to see you here. Look forward to your contributions in the future

Too bad the time is up for new entries...

Two or three hours and I would finish mine and submit it to the contest... :cry_sad:

Oh, wow. Some entries are amazing! It'll be a tight voting process.

Is there an index of the entries, or will that be up when voting starts?

Is there an index of the entries, or will that be up when voting starts?

There will be an index with all the entries. I'm working on it now. Voting starts in a few days. :classic:

Hi Superkalle,

This is the first chance I've had to look at entries and I've noticed that my second entry:

Theme: Other

Designer: Praiter Yed

EntryID: 230 Name: Minifig showcase

is under the LDD & Real Bricks category when it should be in the LDD only category. I don't think this affects my chances :laugh: but just thought I should mention it. Don't want to look like I'm cheating with two entries in same catagory :blush: .

There's some really great creations here - 1st time I've seen some of them.

Hi Superkalle,

This is the first chance I've had to look at entries and I've noticed that my second entry:

Theme: Other

Designer: Praiter Yed

EntryID: 230 Name: Minifig showcase

is under the LDD & Real Bricks category when it should be in the LDD only category. I don't think this affects my chances :laugh: but just thought I should mention it. Don't want to look like I'm cheating with two entries in same catagory :blush: .

There's some really great creations here - 1st time I've seen some of them.

Well, you're absoultey right. It's just that since you posted a pic of the built thing, I thougth it was in the LDD+Real Bricks. If it's not a problem for you, I don't think I'm going to change now. I think you're main chances are with the Speeder anyway (beautiful!). I don't think anyone notices that you have two entries, and if they do, no worries. I'm the judge and I say it's OK :classic:

Fine by me, looks like you had an awful lot of hard work sorting out all the entries. I really just wanted to get the display concept out-there, I had the idea months ago and this contest finally made me do something about it. Was a little gutted when I saw Brickfanatics entry (thought I had a really unique idea :-(). Still would love to see if it works, maybe one day I'll build it. Thanks for the nice comments on the speeder - I'm happy I got 3 points!

Fine by me, looks like you had an awful lot of hard work sorting out all the entries. I really just wanted to get the display concept out-there, I had the idea months ago and this contest finally made me do something about it. Was a little gutted when I saw Brickfanatics entry (thought I had a really unique idea :-(). Still would love to see if it works, maybe one day I'll build it. Thanks for the nice comments on the speeder - I'm happy I got 3 points!

I'm glad it's OK with you. Sorry once again.

And keep up the good work. That speeder bike is very, very good. And I like the way you lined it up the photo exactly with the LDD screenshot. :thumbup:

BTW, have you seen this MOC by swedish builder teabox. It's named "Caught Speeding":

legodiorama-speeding.jpg

BTW, have you seen this MOC by swedish builder teabox. It's named "Caught Speeding":

Ha ha, very amusing - I like the way Teabox also included the tree from the speeder bike set (and looks like a bit of Naboo swamp 'creeping' in on the right).

I live in Serbia,so if I win (wich is pretty much impossible),will you guys send the prize to my country too?

I live in Serbia,so if I win (wich is pretty much impossible),will you guys send the prize to my country too?

Yes. There is no discrimination on EB. :classic:

Yes