Sign in to follow this  
happymark

bad quality? minifig from magnet

maybe really a newbie question.

the minifig from magnet is cheaper. but I see some reviews mentioning about bad quality.

is that true? to be honest. I could hardly tell the difference.

so wondering if you guys buy a minifig from bricklink, would you able to tell if it is from magnet or from original sets?

Thanks!

Mark

Yes, it is true. The magnet sets are made in China so use cheaper plastic unlike proper minifigures.

They are alright but not for regular use or for close-up photographs etc.

When buying from bricklink you just have to trust the person. Most people are honest. However some people forget they are magnets as they look very much like real minifigures except for a stamp underneath the arm.

Thanks a lot Burman for the reply.

Are you saying there is a stamp (Made in China?) under the minifig arm from magnets? I never notice that.

Yes, it is true. The magnet sets are made in China so use cheaper plastic unlike proper minifigures.

They are alright but not for regular use or for close-up photographs etc.

When buying from bricklink you just have to trust the person. Most people are honest. However some people forget they are magnets as they look very much like real minifigures except for a stamp underneath the arm.

Thanks a lot Burman for the reply.

Are you saying there is a stamp (Made in China?) under the minifig arm from magnets? I never notice that.

The stamp says Lego not made in china.

LegoGalactus

There is a difference between not having control of the color quality of the plastic used and using a different material. It is NOT cheaper material.

Uh Oh. This might get ugly.

Hello new member.

This "cheap plastic" argument has been going for quite some time now and no one can agree on anything. The figures may or may not be of lower quality, it is all a personal choice. Feel free to use it as a cheaper way to get rarer figures or, don't get them due to perceived quality issues. Just some things to note:

• Neck Marks were added by an older machine, no neck mark is not a sign of "bad quality".
  • The Lego stamp inside the figure arm is a hallmark like those on studs, recently added for whatever reason.
  • There might be colouring issues, nothing to do with the plastic itself.

This goes for everyone. If you want to talk about cheaper quality plastic, I have a bucket of Best Lock figures for your comparison...

Peppermint_M summarised the matter very well already.

This question has already been discussed vastly, and we got an official statement on minifigs' quality through the Ambassadors when the new Minifigures Collection #1 reviews started to appear: TLG has made sure the wuality control is up to the classic Danish standars in the Chinise factory too. So this year's parts will be old good TLG quality.

Since this discussion fullfilled its purpose, I'll close this topic. Please feel free to use the search function if you want to explore other discussions on the same matter, or refer to the Minifigures Collection #1 reviews and the comments by our Ambassador CopMike therein :classic:

LuxorV