Sign in to follow this  
Col. Brik

MOC: '82 BMW 320i

The '82 BMW 320i was in the E21 family of BMW 3 series cars from 1975 (1977 in the USA) through 1983. This MOC is one of my personal E21 that I Autocross/Solo1 and also daily drive! The front lower spoiler, rear spoiler and yellowed inner headlights are items I hope to add in the future to my actual Bimmer.

100_4073.jpg

100_4074.jpg

100_4075.jpg

100_4076.jpg

100_4077.jpg

100_4078.jpg

My real life Bimmer

awesomeshot.jpg

100_3922.jpg

Inspiration and Thanks for this MOC is credited to daxolesa and his wonderful Datsun 510 I feel in love with in the LugNut groups photo stream which can be seen here.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/dax-olesa/433...in/pool-lugnuts

I used many of his techniques for my BMW and I thank him for the inspiration and photos of his MOC.

Edited by TheBrickster

Nice Bimmer! I instantly recognised it because of the front. Great job :thumbup:

Go Speed Racer Go ! :grin:

Very nice BMW, very good job at an 80's square shaped car and a racer at that !

Excellent racing interior and front end - great work and I'm a conformist! 'Col. Brik' I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

Edited by lightningtiger

Nice Bimmer! I instantly recognised it because of the front. Great job :thumbup:
Go Speed Racer Go ! :grin:

Very nice BMW, very good job at an 80's square shaped car and a racer at that !

Excellent racing interior and front end - great work and I'm a conformist! 'Col. Brik' I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

Thank you both!

I think if i would have seen the car before the title i would have guessed it was an old school bimmer. It looks really good! I see you used light gray and light bluish gray tiles. I do that all the time!

Someone should do a scene where half of a car is light gray and the other half is light bluish gray, and have someone washing the car. The light gray will be the dirty half and the other half will be the clean side. just a thought!

Thats really cool,i love the real one too!Theres a chap in the uk that sells replica Alpina front spoilers,they look extremely smart on track cars such as yours!!!(im also a bmw nerd lol!)

Great car, Col.Brik. Very sporty looking.

I must admit though, when I first saw your model, I did not recognize what type of car it is. I think if you can somehow replicate the chrome detailing found on the front grill of the real-life version, your MOC would be more recognizable. Off the top of my head, I'm thinking, two 1x2 grill pieces placed vertically side-by-side.

Also, I feel the car is not deep enough and the windows are too tall when compared to its real-life counterpart.

Still, it is a very nice-looking model. Detailed and race-ready. :thumbup:

I think if i would have seen the car before the title i would have guessed it was an old school bimmer. It looks really good! I see you used light gray and light bluish gray tiles. I do that all the time!

Someone should do a scene where half of a car is light gray and the other half is light bluish gray, and have someone washing the car. The light gray will be the dirty half and the other half will be the clean side. just a thought!

Thanks! and yes, that would be a cool idea to try on a MOC .

Thats really cool,i love the real one too!Theres a chap in the uk that sells replica Alpina front spoilers,they look extremely smart on track cars such as yours!!!(im also a bmw nerd lol!)

Thanks, I think I've seen those replica spoilers before, saving up my pennies and dimes. Hard to have two hobbies I like so much. They compete for funding.

Great car, Col.Brik. Very sporty looking.

I must admit though, when I first saw your model, I did not recognize what type of car it is. I think if you can somehow replicate the chrome detailing found on the front grill of the real-life version, your MOC would be more recognizable. Off the top of my head, I'm thinking, two 1x2 grill pieces placed vertically side-by-side.

Also, I feel the car is not deep enough and the windows are too tall when compared to its real-life counterpart.

Still, it is a very nice-looking model. Detailed and race-ready. :thumbup:

Thank you, and thanks for the suggestions. I do appreciate them. I may try updating it in the future!

Very cool, I think you got it pretty spot on.

I love the cheese slopes for the spoiler, that's exactly what i think some of those spoilers looklike, giant cheese slopes.

Nice Bimmer! Can you do one in white? (My 89 325i)

2552898340101579773S500x500Q85.jpg

Thanks. E30?..I should be able to. I have one myself I am fixing up, a '90. In Red. Might be a little tougher to do, may need some slope parts.

Very cool, I think you got it pretty spot on.

I love the cheese slopes for the spoiler, that's exactly what i think some of those spoilers looklike, giant cheese slopes.

Thanks