6 members have voted

1. 1. How do you rate this set?

• Poor
    • Below Average
    • Average
    • Above Average
    • Outstanding

indexed.gif

Out of all the Stars, the one I was most excited for was the Rahkshi. Will he live up to my expectations?

Canister-

rkrv001-1.jpg

rkrv002-1.jpg

The average Stars canister. I do quite like the pose he is in.

Parts-

rkrv003-1.jpg

The (heat vision) Rahkshi has a pretty good selection of parts. Most of them are light gray, but he does have some nice hands and feet in yellow. The new spine piece is pretty nice, as is the gold Bohrok shield.

Building Experience-

The Rahkshi is the standard 08 Matoran / Agori build, but uses the same technique found with Skrall, to give him the hunchback look. That fused with the spine connecting to the back, makes him stand out quite a bit from the other Stars.

Complete set-

rkrv006-1.jpg

The Rahkshi looks wonderful, and resembles the originals to a tee. I really like the yellow, but I would have preferred black over light gray. I also like how the blades are sticking straight up out of the spine. Looks like they pierced right through the skin(?).

Side View-

rkrv008-1.jpg

The Rahkshi has a lot more depth than any other "impulse" set that has used this build.

Back View-

rkrv009-1.jpg

The spine's connection to the back is quite simple, but it works.

Articulation-

This area is a bit touchy. The legs are fine, and the head has a large range of movement due to the soft rubber used to make the head and the wire that attaches to the spine, but his arms are pretty limited, more so than his 03 counterparts due to them being connected through the staff. Even the picture on the canister cheats quite a bit. Some poses are doable, but for the most part, the staff will sit straight across the body. However, it's something I'm willing to work past.

rkrv011-1.jpg

Overall, I'm very happy with Stars Rahkshi. I have some fond memories with the original one I have, and this set really seemed to be the only one that gave me any nostalgic value. He's a great buy, and at a great price tag. Recommended.

rkrv012-1.jpg

Also, since I now have reviewed all six, I just want to give my opinion on the Stars line:

I think the Stars are wonderful, and I appreciate the fact that Lego would even bother releasing look backs at fan favorites. While most of the Bionicle fan base aren't pleased with them (then again, a big chunk of the fan base is near impossible to please), I'll be enjoying them, and giving kudos to Lego for making them.

Great review! This is the Stars set that I've been looking forward to getting the most, yet it's the only one out of the 3 that I plan to get that I still don't have.

I agree with the nostalgic value. For me, my first Bionicle set was a Rahkshi, Vorahk, and I'd be more than happy to have another Rahkshi as my last set.

but his arms are pretty limited, more so than his 03 counterparts due to them being connected through the staff.

Uh... the 03 Rahkshi's arms were connected via staff as well.

Or did I misinterpret?

I just got this set yesterday. It's pretty good. Probably my second or third favorite Star, after Gresh and maybe Piraka.

Or did I misinterpret?

I just got this set yesterday. It's pretty good. Probably my second or third favorite Star, after Gresh and maybe Piraka.

I'm terrible at picking favorites, but I'd have to say the three you named are some of my favorites. I like Tahu too, but there could be a few obvious improvements. For instance, the hilt guard of his sword being red instead of silver, and the blade being red-with-trans-orange rather than trans-red-with-trans-orange. And, of course, Av-Matoran feet-- there's no reason (especially after our peeks of the Furno Bike from HF :hmpf_bad: ) he couldn't have had those and reserved the new feet for, say, the Rahkshi (whose toes are attractive but inexplicable).

Interesting thing I observed about the new Rahkshi-- the spine/head piece is the same size as the Rahkshi back and head from the old Rahkshi. Makes me wonder why we haven't seen a 2003-sized Heat Vision Rahkshi MOC rather than the uber-muscular revamps that seem to be all over Brickshelf. Of course, it couldn't have the '03 build, but I'd have expected some clever MOCist to work out a working build with the same proportions.

Also, although some have criticized the new one-piece head-back-spine as unnecessary, I notice that the way it is aligned before building the Rahkshi its merits are obvious. It requires only a two-piece mold-- one half goes over the top and one over the bottom, and when opened the Rahkshi would come loose. If the back were harder plastic (as some have suggested as an improvement) and the old Rahkshi head were used, the spines would have to be horizontal to appropriately line up with the pin holes that connect the back to the Agori torso. Not very intimidating, IMO. And any other solution would have required budgeting in more than one new piece-- a back piece and a separate spine piece. Or budgeting in a several-piece mold, which would have probably been more expensive.

Or did I misinterpret?

The arms are connected the same way as on the old Rahkshi, but the arms on this one just seem a little bit more limited in their movement.

Great review! Stars Rahkshi was the only Stars figure I was interested in, too. Although I own all the Stars sets, this guy is the best. :classic:

Edited by Tingy Xplode

Great review! Stars Rahkshi was the only Stars figure I was interested in, too. Although I own all the Stars sets, this guy is the best. :classic:

Just got this set an hour ago. :classic: Waiting for tomorrow after school to build it, heh heh.

The Star Rahkshi is really good, i do think the body fits a lot better with him then Star Skrall, the feet i do like that they made it yellow now and it fits great with the set, the Staff of Heat Vision is a great weapon but i don't like that it use the same piece as the Staff of Disintegration. The Head/back piece look great but not that good for MOCs unless you cut the part that connects the back and head. the color is alright but i don't know if it will look good in Black and Yellow.

Anyway the set is good and i do recommend it.

I love it! the yellow feet are great... I agree with ShadowWolfHount, the staff should have some other blade type thing... Turahk's blades would be better.