gusmoore17

Harry Potter 2010 discussion thread

Good speculation guys! I'm starting to think it's Sirus as well. Main reason is that he is quite a main character and in the older HP legos, he had the same hair piece as the classic Ginny, so his new hairpiece might be the same as Ginny's new hairpiece, but in black. Worst logic ever? I though so!

I don't think we should get our hopes up for a Cho figure, TLC really don't want to give us a figure from a different house, if you know what I mean.

TLG really should give us a Ravenclaw uniform, and a Hufelpuff one for that matter. Not everyone is Gryfendor or Slytherin, there are other houses. Maybe they'll release the other students with movie 8, battle of Hogwarts battle packs, with Order and DA factions, and an opposing one with Snape, death eaters, Nagini and Voldemort, (maybe without Voldy even, 'cause he's already in Hogwarts). Actually, releasing smaller battle of Hogwarts add on sets for the big Hogwarts released this year would be a fantastic marketing campaign. No more huge Hogwarts sets, but still some nice new sets for the most epic battle in the Harry Potter universe! More people would buy them too.

Edit: Also, since taking a look at Sveltewarts, the module nature of the set allows for added towers and other expanding sets, like was tried in the original "Pile it on" movie 1 and 2 sets, resulting in a nice complete looking Hogwarts.

Edited by Nick Wolfe

Maybe they'll release the other students with movie 8, battle of Hogwarts battle packs, with Order and DA factions, and an opposing one with Snape, death eaters, Nagini and Voldemort, (maybe without Voldy even, 'cause he's already in Hogwarts). Actually, releasing smaller battle of Hogwarts add on sets for the big Hogwarts released this year would be a fantastic marketing campaign. No more huge Hogwarts sets, but still some nice new sets for the most epic battle in the Harry Potter universe! More people would buy them too.

Edit: Also, since taking a look at Sveltewarts, the module nature of the set allows for added towers and other expanding sets, like was tried in the original "Pile it on" movie 1 and 2 sets, resulting in a nice complete looking Hogwarts.

Ok I agree on the point of that it would be nice ot do add-on module castle pieces but the battle packs is a little unrealistic. I don't think there is even a generic minifigure in the Harry Potter line.

I still think the mystery fig is just Ginny in school uniform, and they've repeated her because we've never had a Ginny fig before (whereas we've obviously had Harry in school uniform zillions of times.)

Svelte I think you may be correct about it being Ginny. I was just looking through the Australian 2010 catologue and they have a picture of all the minifigs. The only one not revealed on the teaser site is the Ginny in school uniform (from set 4841). Dang :cry_sad:

Ok I agree on the point of that it would be nice ot do add-on module castle pieces but the battle packs is a little unrealistic. I don't think there is even a generic minifigure in the Harry Potter line.

I just mean sets with only minifigures and accessories, not real battle backs. And Death eaters are pretty generic.

I just mean sets with only minifigures and accessories, not real battle backs. And Death eaters are pretty generic.

Ok, I see what you mean now. But even the death eater in the GoF set was Lucius Malfoy, and the death eater in the OotP is the dummy from the room of requirement in the movie.

I really hope it's not Sirius (I never really liked his character) I hope it is like a "never seen before" character :D

It wont be Sirius cos the hair is not right.

It is a girl i reckon cos that that is straight and has plaits/braids in it.

I reckon it is gonna be Ginny cos if it were someone from the big set next yer it would have the other figs from that set next year.

It wont be Sirius cos the hair is not right.

It is a girl i reckon cos that that is straight and has plaits/braids in it.

I reckon it is gonna be Ginny cos if it were someone from the big set next yer it would have the other figs from that set next year.

I know!! I think its a girl all the way, and It would be exciting if it turns out to be a new figure from new sets right? xD

So our list of possibilities for the big one are:

Diagon Alley

Knockturn Alley

Malfoy Manor

Ministry of Magic

Gringotts

and what else?!?!?

So our list of possibilities for the big one are:

Diagon Alley

Knockturn Alley

Malfoy Manor

Ministry of Magic

Gringotts

and what else?!?!?

Hogsmead! They made it into a theme park, it might be the big set too.

No I meant the Lego HP site but then i realized id already asked that :blush:

When will we get Ginny?

Oh, :grin: I think Svelte said the thirtieth.

I really can't see why it would be another Ginny. Why is she special enough to get two figures. Again, only time will tell. I reckon we will find out on Tuesday, then the new website will go live on the 1st September, along with the sets on Shop@Home.

Svelte I think you may be correct about it being Ginny. I was just looking through the Australian 2010 catologue and they have a picture of all the minifigs. The only one not revealed on the teaser site is the Ginny in school uniform (from set 4841). Dang :cry_sad:

:cry_sad: Taking this into account, I think you're right, as much as I wish you weren't. Aww.

*crucios TLG for this if it's Ginny* :sadnew:

Mr. McGow is right... Scratch Cho, Ollivander, Fleur, Tonks or JK...

I can't believe how stupid I've been... I've had the new LEGO catalogue for a few weeks now...

She's right there in the list of characters, along with the figures of set 4841 (The Hogwarts Express):

Ginny2.jpg

There goes my theory of the mystery figure's hair looking visibly shorter than Ginny's...

Oh well... Better luck with the Deathly Hallows Part II wave, I guess...

Mr. McGow is right... Scratch Cho, Ollivander, Fleur, Tonks or JK...

I can't believe how stupid I've been... I've had the new LEGO catalogue for a few weeks now...

She's right there in the list of characters, along with the figures of set 4841 (The Hogwarts Express):

Ginny2.jpg

There goes my theory of the mystery figure's hair looking visibly shorter than Ginny's...

Oh well... Better luck with the Deathly Hallows Part II wave, I guess...

Not worry yet. Hermione, Draco and Harry's variants aren't there, so Ginny's won't (or at least, shouldn't) be.

Not worry yet. Hermione, Draco and Harry's variants aren't there, so Ginny's won't (or at least, shouldn't) be.

You have a point there...

I sure hope you're right! ;)

I've said it before, i'll say it again, I'll be very shocked if it is Ginny. I'd place money on it and say it isn't her. Don't prove me wrong Lego!

Maybe Lego is going to release another medium sized set with this wave that we just don't know about yet. And it could include Cho Chang or Sirius, while using other figures that are already there.

I would'nt mind it completely if it was another Ginny. I don't know if i'mm going to buy The Burrows so another way of geeting her is fine by me.