Sign in to follow this  
VBBN

Custom Mohawk hairpiece

As you may have noticed, I'm becoming a bit more active here in the MCW. Truth is, I actually do a lot of customizing, I just have never tried lego minifigs. After trying, I actually like them. Very simplistic and easy to do, and just you wait for something I'm working on. I will need to get in touch with a caster however for the next few products I'm working on. Anyways, here we have the prototype for a Mohawk piece. Painted Lego Glossy Black.

Here it is in action...

4226047035_fddf7d7a92.jpg

4229700068_3c28b60368.jpg

It snaps on to a lego head like any normal headgear and will stay on very well.

Enjoy! And once the final is done and I get in touch with someone who casts I will be selling them in

-Blonde

-Brown

-Black

-Dark Red

Nice! I've always wanted to make custom pieces, But oh well, I just buy them instead.

Could you provide a side view? It could work well as one of those ancient upside-down hair cut thingies... I don't know what they are called...

Really nice VBBN :thumbup::wub:

That would be a fantastic hairpiece to have for certain MOCs.

How much do you think you will be selling them for?

Well done!

CommanderFox

Edited by CommanderFox

Nice! I've always wanted to make custom pieces, But oh well, I just buy them instead.

Could you provide a side view? It could work well as one of those ancient upside-down hair cut thingies... I don't know what they are called...

I'll have two types, a Tall one like pictued below and a shorter one...

4233495425_09703e7c06.jpg

Really nice VBBN :thumbup::wub:

That would be a fantastic hairpiece to have for certain MOCs.

How much do you think you will be selling them for?

Well done!

CommanderFox

Thanks! Depends on the price of casting. Black will be pretty cheap, Blonde and Brown will be slightly more costly.

They look great, VBBN I will probably buy a shorter one to make a 'Soap' MacTavis figure. It's good to see more people active in the Minifig Customization Workshop. I hope to see more from you soon.

-'Skintas

They look great, VBBN I will probably buy a shorter one to make a 'Soap' MacTavis figure. It's good to see more people active in the Minifig Customization Workshop. I hope to see more from you soon.

-'Skintas

Thanks! ;] And yes, I will be posting a lot in here over the next few weeks, I'm going to hopefully get my tutuorial up and running, but drying time is always a factor in painting.

I'm VBBN and I am a night elf mohawk, I make the world of Lego look good! :laugh:

Nice work, are you planning on making these commercially available?

:laugh: Yes, they will be casted in a few weeks, After the prototype for the short hairpiece is done and my other two custom pieces I'm working on are done.

Thanks! ;] And yes, I will be posting a lot in here over the next few weeks, I'm going to hopefully get my tutuorial up and running, but drying time is always a factor in painting.

:laugh: Yes, they will be casted in a few weeks, After the prototype for the short hairpiece is done and my other two custom pieces I'm working on are done.

Would you be willing to give up some info on the other pieces you are casting?

VBBN has the best hair in the world, it's been proven by science fool! :laugh:

So you can prove who has the best hair by science now, eh? That's not something evr taught me in school.

-'Skintas

I guess you didn't see the commercial. :grin:

:laugh: Thats very funny! :laugh: "Fool" made me laugh so much! :laugh:

I think VBBN, that the taller one, is alittle to tall.

Nice job though!

CommanderFox

Gotta love the classic Mr. T. :laugh:

...After the prototype for the short hairpiece is done and my other two custom pieces I'm working on are done.
Any word on what those other two are?

In total I will have

-Long Mohawk

-Short Mohawk

-Shotgun

-Gladiator Helmet

Stay tuned.

That sounds good, looking forward to seeing some more of those. I take it the mohawk in the first post is the long one...