dr_spock

MOC: Heavy Transport

Greetings.

Here is my interpretation of a "convoi exceptionnel" in 4 wide. The 8x8 tractor is loosely modeled after an IVECO Trakker. The drawbar trailer is based on a Scheuerle or Goldhofer.

4188887535_c8b6ba299d.jpg

4226878217_4d57127603.jpg

4226878571_b334f72924.jpg

4226878393_c6ce6d4094.jpg

Another interesting MOC, 'dr_spock'. :classic:

You must really like doing 4 wides eh?

What catches my eye is not the truck or trailier, but what's on the back - a bore or drilling rig is it ? :grin:

Keep up the good work. :sweet:

Interesting to see this sort of thing in four-wide. I think you could add a lot more realism and detail by going to something a larger (I make my trucks 6 to 7 wide), but I do like this. It has a nice classic look to it. :thumbup:

Cheers,

Ralph

Looking good in 4 wide, altough I prefer wider trucks...at least you have plate on trailer and machine that is 6wide :classic:

Thanks guys. :classic:

Another interesting MOC, 'dr_spock'. :classic:

You must really like doing 4 wides eh?

What catches my eye is not the truck or trailier, but what's on the back - a bore or drilling rig is it ? :grin:

Keep up the good work. :sweet:

Yes, I do like 4 wide classic look. I started out with 4 wide. To my shock when I came out of the Dark Ages, Lego City is 6 wide. The new City vehicles look too big and out of place in my little town of old 4 wides. I made a hard decision to stick with 4 wide for anything I build for my town. I can go wider for stuff not to be added to my town layout like a 16 wide trailer for my 8258 crane truck:

4222633641_ae2d01fe0c_m.jpg

The load is a drilling rig for blasting holes. I made it out of parts from the Technic mini dozer.

Picture3246.jpg

Nice moc. But i must admit, i agree with others that it would have looks alot better in 6 or 8 wide. The rig is far to long for 4 wide.

But your drilling rig is perfect!