31 members have voted

1. 1. How do you rate this set?

• Poor
    • Below Average
    • Average
    • Above Average
    • Outstanding

indexed.gif

Where to begin with this one. I heard a lot of bad things about this particular figure from the unpleasable Bionicle fan base. However, I am easily pleased and easy going on Lego sets and other things I collect. So, I decided to get Stars Skrall.

Canister-

Jon069-1.jpg

...Yeah. It's a canister. (honestly, I find this part of the review pointless) Look at it. Look at it as if staring at the leaked pictures of the canister just weren't enough.

New Molds & Recolored pieces-

Jon070-1-1.jpg

There's not many new parts on Skrall. There's the Nuva armor, which could count as a new piece, since the new shade of gold is different. You get two of the new feet in black, and a black Kopaka sword. However, I didn't buy the set for the parts, so lets move on.

The Complete Set-

Jon071-1.jpg

Skrall looks badass (although, maybe not in that picture). They really got the hunchback design well, and the shoulder blades are pretty nice. Everyone loves the black Kopaka blade. Although a shield would have been nice, I can forgive that. He looks a lot more buff in hand than in pictures.

Jon072-1.jpg

Not much to say here. He does have the unused ball joint on his back, but it really doesn't bother me that much. Besides, it should be pretty easy to remove with some pliers and sand paper (I have done work like that before).

Skrall has some good articulation. He is slightly hindered in the shoulders due to the blades, but for most practical poses, there isn't much restriction.

Jon073-1.jpg

Jon074-1.jpg

Jon077-1.jpg

(Yeah, that's a pretty badass pose)

Overall-

Skrall is a decent figure in general, but a great figure in my eyes. He looks much better when you have him in hand than he does in pictures. While I'm sure most of the ratings for this one will be below average and poor, that isn't going to ruin my enjoyment of the figure. Recommended for those who are easily pleased.

Jon076-1.jpg

Edited by 3D Brickthing

Thanks for that review,

While the Skrall is not my favorite Star, and I wish he had his shield, I still like the figure. Only things I dislike would be...

-No shield, and it's a really iconic symbol these last two years.

-Limited articulation with head and shoulders

-Not the best set to make a star.

Nice review, and a nice set too. My only compliant would be that he is black and green instead of black and red, but it's okay. Who doesn't like a little lime green. :thumbup:

Hmm, the set put together looks nice, but the parts... I only really want the black Kopaka sword, the new feet, and that Nuva armor in gold.

I don't know whether you have the Skrall set from last year, but if you do, could you recommend one or the other? I mean, is this one worth it? Or should I just pitch in the few dollars more and get the larger one?

T-Nui

Hmm, the set put together looks nice, but the parts... I only really want the black Kopaka sword, the new feet, and that Nuva armor in gold.

I don't know whether you have the Skrall set from last year, but if you do, could you recommend one or the other? I mean, is this one worth it? Or should I just pitch in the few dollars more and get the larger one?

T-Nui

This is even a question? Ugh.

Pictures don't lie, and this set is still ugly.

T-Nui

I still think that this one is worth a purchase, but if you have the extra cash, then I would recommend the original.

Thanks for the review, Ratbat. :classic:

The only real thing I have to say about this set is that the blades on his arms would look a lot better if they were attached with individual technic pins. I know TLC won't do that, as they seem to have a rule against using technic pins in impulse sets these days, but that doesn't mean the technique they used here looks good. :tongue:

Otherwise, exceedingly boring set - and a recolored Kopaka sword isn't going to get me to spend eight bucks on it. :thumbdown:

This is my least favourite of the Stars, the ball joint at the back ruins it for me, the original was much better. Good review though.

Star Skrall is not that good of a set to me, the body is really odd to me and the Skrall Helmet really don't fit well even if it made to be a Skrall. The feet is really odd with it but it's alright because we get those in black, Arm well with the 2009 Skrall is good but this, this don't work at all. Now i do love the Recolor Kopaka Sword and i love to see it again someday, Nuva Shoulder Armor is great that it is recolor but like what i said on the Star Takanuva i am not going to like what people are going to use with it.

So with me, i don't think it that good of a set to get for parts, the only thing that are good is the sword, feet and Glatorian Head, so i just say get it if you just want to collect it.

Edited by ShadowWolfHount