DarthSion

Star Wars the force unleashed 2

What?

REALLY??

*Mind Blown*

Story was exactly the same

It still had the exact same game play/fighting styles as the other versions i.e godawful quicktime events, lightsabers that act like baseball bats, annoying enemies.

Actually, there were a lot of things cut out of the story of the Krome-made versions. If I hadn't spoiled myself with the story before the game came out, I never would've known some stuff... like his name. That was the biggest :oh: : when I played the whole game on the Wii and realized, that kid never figured out his name did he? :tongue:

But I honestly don't think they're going to change the baseball bat lightsabers. I don't know a thing about making video games, but having every enemy get chopped up? Seems a little hard to me. Then, from a gamers standpoint, if every enemy gets cut to pieces, the game would be to easy :thumbdown:

I can see this is completely pointless given it is blatantly obvious he has no clue what he is talking about.

Well if you have played the DLC it makes no sense.

My thinking is he was actually only wounded during the fight with the Emperor, or he died and came back like Darth Sion did, my friend thinks a clone.

Its interesting how it is Vader and Yoda doing the voice over.

Has anyone found out what that big ape thing is?.

After all i find dumb this whole recycling the dead Starkiller- thing- :hmpf_bad: instead of non-believable bad sequel- we should see other main character in Force Unleashed- other jedi/sith in similar kind of game :sceptic: - Starkiller was not very interesting character anyway- even Ahsoka that survived order 66 would be better main character for another Force Unleashed (not many agree i fear :tongue: )- of course it is yet to be told what happened to her- but she is problematic character for SW-timeline- where did she disappear if she was so important and Padawan of Anakin- Anakin is not actual master in ep3 and usually jedi's became masters after fully training one Padawan :hmpf_bad: (is that right?) So if Ahsoka became knight -it is really unfair that Anakin didn't gain official master's title (still Plo Koon for example calls him master?!- maybe that is not so important for jedi- maybe Mace thought -that making clear to Anakin that he is not similar master as the ones who sit in the council- would make him to be less arrogant)- Well anyway back to Ahsoka- so are they going to kill her? :wacko: Don't make sense to create such an important "good girl" and then just kill her? :hmpf: It is against all laws of the good adventure- however killing Starkiller was great decision- he just destroys everything- best for him and the Galaxy was let him to die as a hero and became one with a Force- stupid sequel just destroys the good ending of the mythical sw-story that TFU was i think :vader:

Since Pandemic shut down, I doubt there'll ever be a Battlefront 3...

No it is still in development- just company is changed but it is coming- if any of the news are true- at least it was in development...

So your basing your opinion on a crappy out dated system made by a totally different dev team.

All the undercut systems Wii ds ps2 psp were made by Krome studios who did a rubbish job of it, the 360 an ps3 were done by LA themselves and it was night and day, for one much better graphics, for another much better game play, much better control of the force, better story, better fighting style.

As for JK, it would have been like shooting themselves in the foot, TFU is the fastest and highest selling game, it was obvious they would do a sequel while it was still hot.

Besides, I read an article today LA is working on more than 1 title anyway, TFU is the only officially announced game.

Jedi knight was a good series- still i have only the jedi academy- but it is like complete farce- bad story funny (not meant to be funny) cutscenes- still it was fun to play -not as good as TFU though- Jedi academy should be "Farce Unleashed" :tongue:

I don't care if it's canon. All I want is for them to fix the combat, change up the Force powers a bit, and give us something as awesome as the Death Star level and I'll be happy.

non-canon games are more fun :tongue:

Yes but that the thing we don't know how he lives, he may have just been stunned.

And it wouldn't be any good if it was a Jedi, they are boring to play.

Well, now I think he's going to run into yoda and start training in the jedi way or something like that. He'll also probably face his dark side in that same tree chamber as Luke did in ESB.

Since Pandemic shut down, I doubt there'll ever be a Battlefront 3...

don't say that, you'll curse us all.

Edited by Forresto

Actually, there are a few things known about the story.

I found out about it on Wookiepedia, and it was confirmed by a Dutch/Belgian game magazine I read, Chief.

They had a four page article about TFU II.

But since these things are rather spoilery, I'll post them as spoilers. So read them if you like, just don't blame me if you don't like what you're reading :tongue:

Darth Vader takes Starkiller's body to the planet Kamino. Where he is going to have him cloned. Hoping Starkiller will be more obedient this time.

However, during a test, one of the (Proxy-like) droids changes into Juno Eclipse. This triggers a memory in the clone's head.

So Starkiller escapes his prison and travels to Cato Neimodia. This is where you find Kota, who is trying to survive in a gladiator style arena (this is also what you see in the trailer, with the rancor and the humongous beast known as a Gorog). Starkiller frees Kota, mainly to have him help Starkiller find Juno. Kota advises (spellcheck?) to travel to Dagobah and find Yoda. So they both go together, and in the same cave where Luke had his battle with "Darth Luke" Starkiller has a vision about Juno. Kota and Starkiller then travel to the system (which Kota recognizes from the background of the vision) wher Juno is held and Starkiller is persuaded to join the Rebel Alliance.

That's all about the story so far. Sounds really cool to me :wub:

Regards,

CF W

Edited by CF WeaZZel

Ah i see, i thought that, i guess its before the

Topeaka incident then.

While still nothing much is known, one thing that is known, is it will be out 26th October 2010.

http://au.ps3.ign.com/articles/108/1087603p1.html

Also the official website, shows Yoga's hut and a lightsaber battle in the forest.

http://www.lucasarts.com/games/theforceunleashed2/

Woot, thanks for being my SWFU II source of information DS. I can't wait for this.

Yeah no worries mate, I cant wait for this too, it seems as if this though will follow him on the Jedi path, wonder if he will have new powers then, I really hope they learned their lesson from the ISD problem.

Yeah no worries mate, I cant wait for this too, it seems as if this though will follow him on the Jedi path, wonder if he will have new powers then, I really hope they learned their lesson from the ISD problem.

I agree new powers are a must. On the other hand, I love the fact that in the first one he's kind of sith, I wouldn't want him to loose his force lighting, You normally don't get that in SW games becasue most of the time you play as Jedi.

Well yeah, I wanted choke, but then again not very Jedi, then again as you see in the teaser he uses lightning on that ah whatever it is, so maybe he keeps it.

I edited my previous post, with the spoilery storyline of the game.

About the powers: Starkiller will gain (at least) two new powers:

Jedi Mind Trick: This gives your increases the firepower of your opponent exponentially and then persuades your opponent to start aiming for his buddies :devil:

Force Fury: This is a kind of boost. For example, when you activated Force Fury, you can use Force Grip to grab not one or two stormtroopers, but an entire squad of 'em. And with Force Push you can push an enemy all the way past the horizon (literally quoted from the article :tongue: ) With Force Lightning you can barbecue the entire screen (also literally quoted, I think they mean you can also hit the surroundings with it, not just enemies and objects). It also gives you enhanced abilities with your lightsabers (which by the way are two, now) and even let's them spin around you "like a futuristic Kratos"

Both sound pretty cool to me :sweet:

So to answer Big Cam's question (sort of) Starkiller still has his Force Lightning :vader:

Well that was about it, I guess.

I can't wait for it to come out, luckily it won't be thát long (compared to, for example SW: ToR)

Regards,

CF W

That sounds damn awesome, I am glad we get 2 sabers, i hope we get the saber powers and change colours too.

Darth Vader takes Starkiller's body to the planet Kamino. Where he is going to have him cloned. Hoping Starkiller will be more obedient this time.

However, during a test, one of the (Proxy-like) droids changes into Juno Eclipse. This triggers a memory in the clone's head.

So Starkiller escapes his prison and travels to Cato Neimodia. This is where you find Kota, who is trying to survive in a gladiator style arena (this is also what you see in the trailer, with the rancor and the humongous beast known as a Gorog). Starkiller frees Kota, mainly to have him help Starkiller find Juno. Kota advises (spellcheck?) to travel to Dagobah and find Yoda. So they both go together, and in the same cave where Luke had his battle with "Darth Luke" Starkiller has a vision about Juno. Kota and Starkiller then travel to the system (which Kota recognizes from the background of the vision) wher Juno is held and Starkiller is persuaded to join the Rebel Alliance.

:oh: I'm glad they've thought of a good reason to bring Starkiller back! Should be an interesting game, I loved the first one! :classic:

Yeah it does sound cool, cant wait for it to come out, this time i hope they plan the dlc to be released in better time frame, you really need it out with in a month.

It would be great if the first mission was battling your way out of the Kamino facility due to the memories been activated! :sweet:

Exciting stuff! :thumbup:

Oh, it is actually.

Or at least, the article describes a scene/event where... *looks up*

"Starkiller escapes his cell, slashes his way through a legion of Stormtroopers, hijacks Darth Vader's TIE fighter and sets course for Cato Neimodia"

I really hope that that is an actual level, like you said. And not a cut-scene.

Though the article did also say the story would be told more in game, instead of using cut-scenes :sweet:

Regards,

CF W

Edited by CF WeaZZel

Great!

Hopefully it will be something like Assassin's Creed. Both games communicated the story quite well without many cutscenes. :thumbup:

EDIT: It would be awesome if a new lightsaber move was the scisor slice! Another improvement could be the actual slicing up of people and not just droids. :grin:

Edited by Jammiedodger714

Hey guys IGN has a first look at The Force Unleashed II with screenshots

Link

It looks like some certain person (wink-wink nudge-nudge) is on kamino!

Sorry if this has been posted

Edited by Forresto

If you have been following my thread you would have seen he is a clone, given Kamino was under the empires control its obvious he was on Kamino.

If you have been following my thread you would have seen he is a clone, given Kamino was under the empires control its obvious he was on Kamino.

Did you see the new screenshots on it though? And what they talked about how the game was developing?

I know it's obvious he was on kamino but sincemost of the screenshots are of that level that's why I mentioned it.

YAY expect some goodies soon boys and girl, its been confirmed LA will show off both this, OR, and lego CW at this years E3.

http://au.games.ign.com/articles/108/1086456p1.html

I'm late, but this is news to me, thanks Darth!

and how.