Skipper 24

Lego Universe Beta

I don't think Nimbus is unlocked yet.

The launcher says:

"The battle will soon continue in Nimbus Station!"

Which means.. we're getting access to it soon. :cry_happy::thumbup:

I thought of that as soon as I posted my message but, I didn't wan't to edit it. Wonder what it is going to be like?

BETA TESTERS GO!

Just signed myself up for beta testing and got a Lego account as well "clone_Messia.

Is it possible to change the keys in the beta?

Under options, the 'controls' button doesn't do anything. Having arrows+mouse for movement and space to jump is not that easy.

It looks like that setting is not ready yet, but you can already use WASD instead of arrow keys.

Hmm..seems like I'm the only one not getting a Beta Key. D:

Give it time, took about 3 weeks before I got a beta key.

Aside from that. Testing today, yes, remember, we are testing so I hope people are looking for faults and sending the messages to the builders. Just choose that little option in the lower right corner and send them a message every time you see or have a bug. Not to harp but just reminding....I let my two kids play off and on with their own characters and it was interesting to watch them catch on quickly but hit spots that were hard to play through.

Even as a AFOL playing a game intended for kids it is enjoyable. I can see myself spending a few hours a week just enjoying the game.

I couldn't go three minutes without hitting a bug. In the space station, when you have to double-jump, there was an invisible wall that kept me from going. I played later and it was working :classic: . My guy is DarkRanger.

I have received a beta key in this Thursday and started to play. Game is very interesting, but have one major con: settings don't save, so i can't set up advanced graphics settings like HDR or bloom, because they will aply after game restart, but every time settings are sets again to the defaults! I tried to edit config file, but it's not helped. I asked to support, they said me that they will fix it up later.

But you can set up the resolution (playing 1024x768 on 1920x1080 FullHD monitor is crappy), though :sweet:

Also, there is a tip:

When you click on "Settings" button, game blink one time and all buttons go into the top left corner. Type /reloadui into the chat window and you can access the settings :wink:

Edited by RaZeR

(...)

P.S: Nimbus station [snip]

Guys... just to remind you that we are NOT allowed to talk about the beta outside the approved LEGO channels. There have been several breaches already and LEGO is not very happy :thumbdown:

Guys... just to remind you that we are NOT allowed to talk about the beta outside the approved LEGO channels. There have been several breaches already and LEGO is not very happy :thumbdown:

I was thinking about that and does that mean no speaking to others without keys or to anyone about it ( sorry about grammar there couldn't think how to phrase that). I we can discuss to fellow testers is there any way to discuss in a "hidden" forum for testers only?

I was thinking about that and does that mean no speaking to others without keys or to anyone about it ( sorry about grammar there couldn't think how to phrase that). I we can discuss to fellow testers is there any way to discuss in a "hidden" forum for testers only?

You should ask LEGO about that. But EuroBricks is definitely not such a place.

As for whom exactly you can talk to, my personal(!) guess is that talking to people who play it is safe. That does not include people who only have keys but haven't used them, as they haven't agreed to the NDA (yet).

You should ask LEGO about that. But EuroBricks is definitely not such a place.

As for whom exactly you can talk to, my personal(!) guess is that talking to people who play it is safe. That does not include people who only have keys but haven't used them, as they haven't agreed to the NDA (yet).

I see… Not fully sure if I should even discuss to those who have played tough. Anyway, thanks for you opinion.

If any lego universe technical support person is here (I hope I can say this), I can't pass the double jumping part of the first area, and whenever i play, my computer si slow (I have Vista).

If any lego universe technical support person is here (I hope I can say this), I can't pass the double jumping part of the first area, and whenever i play, my computer si slow (I have Vista).

I think I heard someone say that standing back from the ledge before doing the double jump might help.

Lego Universe on my computer is slow so i can't even do a double jump correctly, and i tried that strategy already. Someone told me that it was an ongoing problem, and that Lego was trying to fix it, so do you know of any developments?

I think it's better to talk about these problems on the LEGO Universe forum. TLG has opened a secret forum in their web site just for this purpose. Read the splash page of LEGO Universe launcher, carefully. You will find the link to it.

Uhh..not everyone. I still haven't received a key yet....it's been 4 weeks now. And counting.