kahukaman.jpg

Islander (Wait a minute...)

islander.jpg

Former Captain, now Manager

captain.jpg

Workers

pirate.jpg

fixer.jpg

Spears beat bullets, or is it the other way round?

protection.jpg

Features

varmin.jpg

frog.jpg

Tools (the jackhammer is a little easter egg, or joke if you like)

tools.jpg

' Crane ' System

crane_system.jpg

I hope you like it. C&C are very welcome! :pir-classic:

The only thing I don't like is the use of the same fig faces. But that's the only thing. You added a frog, which makes this a win for me!

I don't know why you are so down on yourself! This is a great idea! I really like how you made it look like a hot rod shop for canoes! This really made me laugh and a good MOC should be able to do that!

I especially liked how you made your own version of a lift. I really like the background and the tiled floor looks really nice as well.

I think this is good one, and you have some really neat and new ideas!

Good Job!

-martinsuper

Yet once again, I agree with martinsuper :pir-classic: (this is beginning to sound old, I know!) Yours is a very creative MOC, and it's most definitely not just a "filler" entry! I really like the idea and I enjoyed seeing the captain as a manager providing quality control over his staff's work :) What I'm missing in this MOC is the element of water... Yes, I know it represents a drydock, but even drydocks were built at places with water nearby. Guess it must have been a heavy haul for those workers!

That said, the factory look you've given to your boatyard makes a lot of sense and looks nice - I love the pre-industrial-era lighting and your little easter egg :) Using that however WOULD most definitely ruin just about any boat there was back in those days... But I guess it makes sense. They're pirates, after all - even if they work as civilians now!

Even the wall doesn't really say "wood", but rather "corrugated sheets painted in brown" - at least to me. Which is awesome :) I'd suggest adding something there though (the wall I mean), because even though it rounds off the look of the MOC in a nice manner, it might still look a bit too empty to some voters. Perhaps designing your own factory windows and/or a roof for this facility could be a nice final touch.

In any case, congratulations on entering the contest and providing us with such an enjoyable entry!

Thanks guys! I will certainly take these good points into consideration. :pir-classic:

Yet once again, I agree with martinsuper :pir-classic: (this is beginning to sound old, I know!) Yours is a very creative MOC, and it's most definitely not just a "filler" entry! I really like the idea and I enjoyed seeing the captain as a manager providing quality control over his staff's work :) What I'm missing in this MOC is the element of water... Yes, I know it represents a drydock, but even drydocks were built at places with water nearby. Guess it must have been a heavy haul for those workers!

That said, the factory look you've given to your boatyard makes a lot of sense and looks nice - I love the pre-industrial-era lighting and your little easter egg :) Using that however WOULD most definitely ruin just about any boat there was back in those days... But I guess it makes sense. They're pirates, after all - even if they work as civilians now!

Even the wall doesn't really say "wood", but rather "corrugated sheets painted in brown" - at least to me. Which is awesome :) I'd suggest adding something there though (the wall I mean), because even though it rounds off the look of the MOC in a nice manner, it might still look a bit too empty to some voters. Perhaps designing your own factory windows and/or a roof for this facility could be a nice final touch.

In any case, congratulations on entering the contest and providing us with such an enjoyable entry!

Thanks a lot Otters! I was thinking of adding a water channel and roof, but I was scared I would have to take it all apart again. :pir-blush: I will most certainly make a roof for it. Also, those wall peices are from the Western sets, where it is meant to be wooden.

Thanks again, and expect a couple of updates before the deadline! :pir-sweet:

It looks quite well Jammiedodger! But if I'm not mistaken the maximum ammount of pictures is 6. :pir-wink:

The boat yard itself looks fine for me. A couple of colour changes would do a nice job. I see a lot of red and yellow and it looks out of place IMO.

I like the small balcony, great addition. :thumbup:

Perhaps also an idea to leave the islanders out and replace the canoe with a brown one. It's more realistic I think.

Furthermore you've got a nice entry there Jammiedodger, good luck at the contest! :kahuka:

Very nice work on this. :pir-classic:

It will go in the large, as it's a big too big for medium. I'll change the thread's title. Also, like Blackmoor said the picture limit is three, so if you could take some pics out that would be great.

Good luck!

Just like the Strawberry said, this will automatically go into large, since it doesn't matter if only one or all of the dimension limitations of the category are crossed.

Good work though, and funny too! Boy, Kahukaman does have a good looking bodyguard with him!

Good job! You really capture the busy feel of a machine shop with this entry, with all the people around paying attention to the canoe. I think my favorite part would have to be the balcony, and the lift is very good too.

Also, I'm glad that you have a jackhammer in your entry. It evens out the jackhammer quotient for the contest, which has been off-balance ever since Admiral Ron got rid of the one in his entry.