Sign in to follow this  
Mraz Skintas

Halo

Interesting story, AwesomeStar! I myself kinda did a backwards approach at Halo, starting at Wars and then playing through the series (just beat 3 on legendary!!). I was wondering..I have an old platinum hits copy of 1, do you think my 360 will play it (my original gave up the ghost last week :cry_sad: )?

Interesting story, AwesomeStar! I myself kinda did a backwards approach at Halo, starting at Wars and then playing through the series (just beat 3 on legendary!!). I was wondering..I have an old platinum hits copy of 1, do you think my 360 will play it (my original gave up the ghost last week :cry_sad: )?

All Xbox games are compatible with 360, but if not, you can just do what I did and get it off Xbox LIVE for 1200 MS points :classic:

~A.S.

The new consept art looks kickass, Emile or whatever looks AMAZING with th skull helmet. By far the most amazing thing ever in the halo universe.

The new consept art looks kickass, Emile or whatever looks AMAZING with th skull helmet. By far the most amazing thing ever in the halo universe.

Nu-uh, Jun's ghillie suit :wub::cry_happy:

It's so beautiful!

~A.S.

It does look amazing. I think that the coolest thing in the ViDoc was Nobel Six assassinating that Elite. I wonder if there will be different animations everytime, or at least for every species you assassinate.

-'Skintas

I haven't seen a topic on the new (and possibly final) Halo game coming out in Fall 2010, Halo: Reach. Unlike ODST, this is a true stand-alone game that takes place before the first Halo game. For those who don't know, you play as part of a a squad of Spartan soldiers. Unlike Master Chief, you are not an elite Spartan soldier, but a weaker and more foot-soldier type soldier. The game takes place on the planet Reach, the military headquarters of the UNSC as it is being attacked by the Convenant. From the articles I have read the the interviews I have seen, this will be a million times better that ODST. It will be a long and fulfilling campaign that introduces new characters, new settings, and new weapons. This is also going to be the last Halo game developed my Bungie, but Microsoft has said they will continue with the franchise. However, if this game is simply epic like it appears it will be, I will be happy with this being the conclusion to the series.

Here is a link to the IGN page...

http://xbox360.ign.com/objects/142/14276699.html

Edited by SWMAN

*cough*Point? :wink:

Seriously, though, I am psyched. I can't wait - new equipment, new enemies, more old-fashioned Halo fun. :sweet: Although, another Halo Wars has been confirmed, as well as another Master Chief installment....so, while this may not be the end, it'll certainly be fun!!

Lt. Col. Thok, Could you possible say where you found these confirmations? It's not that I don't believe you, but it would be cool to know.

I wonder how a new Halo Wars would work, seeing as they killed off the best 2 characters (Forge and 'Moramee), and the other Covenant leaders don't die 'til later. A new Chief game would be nice, especially if we get to see the Sangheili homeworld, and fly Pelicans.

-'Skintas

Edited by Mraz 'Skintas

Halo Wars 2 isn't happening, Ensemble studios stopped after Halo Wars. Unless it's made by Bungie or Ensemble came back, I doubt it'll happen.

Edited by PerryDaPirate

I do agree that it's highly unlikely, but all in all, I think it could be nice. Especially if it introduced more UNSC and Covenant forces. That, and the stellar cutscenes, were the greatest parts of the first one.

-'Skintas

Let's keep HALO in one place. Topics merged.

Sorry. Didn't see the other one. And like I said in my last post, this is the last Halo game Bungie will make. It has been confirmed. There is nothing about another Master Chief installment or Halo Wars game. Reach is the only game on the table right now.

I'm fairly certain tha Bungie said that if there to be any more Halo games after Reach, that they would be done by 343 Industries, the people behind Halo Waypoint, so if there is another Chief installment, it will be from them.

-'Skintas

If Halo Wars 2 did happen, the graphics would probably be real life wouldn't they? The cutscenes in Halo Wars were the closest any game has gotten so far IMO.

The cutscenes in Wars were amazing. They look near enough to what we've seen in the Reach cutscenes.. and in-game footage.

So, if the in-game graphics are like the Wars cutscenes... then the Reach cutscenes must be even MORE AMAZING! :laugh:

This game just gets better and better!

~A.S.

PerryDaPirate, thank you for that video, that just made my day. :wub: That was the most amazing Halo video I have ever seen. I so cannot wait until May 3.... It's gonna be amazing.

-'Skintas

Oh.My.God. :grin:

WOW! Heheh, that looks totally amazing. I'm crying out of joy... no, I'm not, but I may.

Epic. 'Nuff Said.

Technically, that has already happened. The Arbiter missions in Halo 2. But I think I know what you mean; an entire campaign where you play through as a Covenant equivelant to the Master Chief, or something along the lines of Reach, but as a Covenant soldier, of course. That would be really amazing.

-'Skintas

Halo: Marines would be nice. Perhaps they could use the technology seen in crappy racing games like PGR4 where you can race against your previous lap (I think it's called a "ghost" lap)? That way you could play as a Marine in every Halo game and use your saved games (as Ch33f) to watch yourself perform the actions that you did alongside the Marines that you play as.

Confused? I am too, but it's certainly something I'd like to see.

Anyway, did anybody else get an email from Xbox saying that you have received 400 MS points, 3 months of LIVE Gold, and an invitation to the Reach BETA (which I already have, but it's certainly nice)? Apparently it's because Halo 2's online ends on April 15th and it's a reward fro being such a dedicated Bungie and Halo fan.

Which reminds me, I need to get the rest of those Halo 2 map packs downloaded before the deadline...