ForceMaster

Space Police 2010

I don't know what you're comparing it to. It's one of the largest flagships TLG has made if you take into account the engine pods on the wings. The only bigger ship is the Explorien Starship, but it's a lot more spread out and the construction is not quite as solid, with the piece count being lower as well.

Yeah. The only larger sets you could compare it to for size would be the UCS Star Wars sets, which clock in at 3 feet long or more. But those aren't minifig scale, and aren't exactly a fair comparison either since they are purely display sets.

Personally I think the Galactic Enforcer is probably the best set from the 2009 SPIII line, since it's just pure fan service. The SPIII base from the new line is also very good, but we're talking flagships here, so yeah. Moot point.

So far, the only SPIII set I own is Squidman's escape. Overall, I thought the aliens were the coolest things ever when I first saw the toyfair pics, but in hand, they are AMAZING! I think this theme deserves another year, as long as it makes some more police ships as good as the villain ships. I also hope to see the addition of more alien figs, since they add a great diversity to space themed MOCs, ase they do not belong to one particular theme.

Basically, it's hard to add a star wars alien into a non-SW space MOC because everyone knows that is an alien from a particular franchise, but LEGO original critters can be used pretty much anywhere because they are not associated with a pre-existing universe. This factor was what made me so excited for the SPIII theme because it provided a LEGO style set of aliens that could be used in whatever you want.

Personally, I'd love/cherish/adore another year of SP III. It's by far one of the greatest themes TLG has EVER made.

I put the enforcer together the other night and was disappointed by how small it was compared to some of the cheaper sets.

Hey, I'm also puzzled by your statement. I am pretty sure that the Galactic Enforcer is the longest spaceship TLC ever made (excluding Star Wars sets, we are talking about Space Proper here), actually it's a bit longer than the previous big spaceship, the 6982 - Exploriens Starship. Honestly speaking, already the Galactic Enforcer is borderline for children, if it were any bigger they wouldn't be able to lift it...

I have never seen any of the other ships so I cannot compare it to those, but from pictures I have seen it just looked bigger. Not saying it isn't big, but bigger is always better!

I have never seen any of the other ships so I cannot compare it to those, but from pictures I have seen it just looked bigger. Not saying it isn't big, but bigger is always better!

I understand what you're saying there - it's like McDonald's. It's never as big (or as good) as it looks in the pictures. Unlike McDonalds's however, it is not something you regret buying afterward.

Hey, I'm also puzzled by your statement. I am pretty sure that the Galactic Enforcer is the longest spaceship TLC ever made (excluding Star Wars sets, we are talking about Space Proper here), actually it's a bit longer than the previous big spaceship, the 6982 - Exploriens Starship. Honestly speaking, already the Galactic Enforcer is borderline for children, if it were any bigger they wouldn't be able to lift it...

I measured them against each other, and the Explorien Starship is bigger in all 3 dimensions if you include antennae, satellite dishes etc etc. Longer, wider & higher than Galactic Enforcer, Galactic Mediator & Mission Commander. (I do not have any large Classic ships, I don't know what the biggest of those is.)

I measured them against each other, and the Explorien Starship is bigger in all 3 dimensions if you include antennae, satellite dishes etc etc. Longer, wider & higher than Galactic Enforcer, Galactic Mediator & Mission Commander. (I do not have any large Classic ships, I don't know what the biggest of those is.)

The Enforcer is a million times more solidly built, though. The Explorien Starship looks like it's made out of straw.

Do you also count the hanging baggy on the overall length of the Exploriens Starship?

I was trying to find some Pictures of the Batman Beyond Cop Vehicles? O_O And I could not find any.. >.>

Hah, that stinks! Try watching some BB episodes online if you can find them.

The Enforcer is a million times more solidly built, though. The Explorien Starship looks like it's made out of straw.

Haha I know that... but it does have bigger dimensions. It's funny when you place them together how inadequate the Explorien Starship looks - it used to look great.

Do you also count the hanging baggy on the overall length of the Exploriens Starship?

The buggy? Yep. If we're talking how much of a shelf it takes up, you count everything! If you only count "the ship proper" the Enforcer is longer.

Hahaah! True.

The Galactic Enforcer does suffer from the 'stick lots of stuff on the sides that looks cool but doesn't do anything' syndrome.

I don't have much classic space, but the GE suffers internally on interior volume compared to something like the 1986 6985 Cosmic Fleet Voyager which has connecting modular sections and large lab etc rather than just a corridor down the middle and a completely separate main cockpit.

Haha I know that... but it does have bigger dimensions. It's funny when you place them together how inadequate the Explorien Starship looks - it used to look great.

The buggy? Yep. If we're talking how much of a shelf it takes up, you count everything! If you only count "the ship proper" the Enforcer is longer.

so, that's the difference, I counted the length of the Exploriens Starship without the buggy, because in display I have it without it.

Hahaah! True.

The Galactic Enforcer does suffer from the 'stick lots of stuff on the sides that looks cool but doesn't do anything' syndrome.

I don't have much classic space, but the GE suffers internally on interior volume compared to something like the 1986 6985 Cosmic Fleet Voyager which has connecting modular sections and large lab etc rather than just a corridor down the middle and a completely separate main cockpit.

Haha, it always seems funny to me when you people talk about the spaciousness of a spaceship as the defining criteria, as if you organize parties in there :laugh:

Honestly speaking, the Galactic Enforcer is not packed with features, but hmm... it still does more than the Cosmic Fleet Voyager and is much more detailed. At least if you compared it with a really feature rich spaceship, like the Mission Commander or the Deep Freeze Defender, then I would understand your point. But then again the aforementioned feature-rich spaceships suffer from almost complete lack of space, so I guess that wouldn't satisfy you either. I think the Galactic Enforcer is a good compromise between features and spaciousness.

Haha, it always seems funny to me when you people talk about the spaciousness of a spaceship as the defining criteria, as if you organize parties in there :laugh:

Honestly speaking, the Galactic Enforcer is not packed with features, but hmm... it still does more than the Cosmic Fleet Voyager and is much more detailed. At least if you compared it with a really feature rich spaceship, like the Mission Commander or the Deep Freeze Defender, then I would understand your point. But then again the aforementioned feature-rich spaceships suffer from almost complete lack of space, so I guess that wouldn't satisfy you either. I think the Galactic Enforcer is a good compromise between features and spaciousness.

Fair comment!

Lets get back on topic here:I hope space police continues into 2011 because we have not seen a SWAT team yet! Oh yeah,space police with black agents armor and maybe acu camouflage! Oh!and brick daddy's hideout and a tank! this would be the perfect part of the theme to see some space city stuff too!

PS have a nice day!

Lets get back on topic here:I hope space police continues into 2011 because we have not seen a SWAT team yet! Oh yeah,space police with black agents armor and maybe acu camouflage! Oh!and brick daddy's hideout and a tank! this would be the perfect part of the theme to see some space city stuff too!

PS have a nice day!

Regrettably, Agents body armor isn't compatible with the Space Police commando helmets. If it were, the combination would look truly stunning.

Fair comment!

'Fair comment', Artanis I, even though I pretty surely remember that you also value a lot spaciousness?

I can only comment on your unbiased way of thinking and judging of my comments, many thanks! :classic:

Edited by feanor

And you were saying Aanchir? Anyway, from a standpoint of a completist, I personally hope this line dies out this year. From an unbiased standpoint though, I personally hope they include some space civilians. The most recent lego magazine had a space police comic featuring the late 2010 sets and a couple random civilian ships. It could end up just being fake like the "elves" theme, but it shows lego isn't completely incapable of making civilians.

I like this forum. It's intelligent discussions about lego.

Edited by JustinYum

4650625444_625d49c17d.jpg

And you were saying Aanchir?

Not sure how that image is possible unless the minifig heads are not attached firmly to the helmets or neck. Because during the spring I had the 2010 Power Miners and Space Police sets in my room, and it was quite obvious that the helmets can't fit on a minifig who's wearing the body armor.

Aanchir, Lego is known for changing designs all the time, so the body armor could have been redesigned in-between power miners and agents. The helmet is a smidgeon loose, but it's not even noticeable.

Aanchir, Lego is known for changing designs all the time, so the body armor could have been redesigned in-between power miners and agents. The helmet is a smidgeon loose, but it's not even noticeable.

I can't imagine why they'd redesign the part to make it less compatible. Which is a pity, because that means that you're stuck either removing the Agents print from the piece (which you can't undo) or just using it with the print.

If you brasso the prints off the armor, you'll have to buy more to dress your agents :tongue: .

Anyway, it's only a possibility, not a fact.

Back on topic, to the dude who suggested the SWAT team, the commandos look like a swat team already. Adding an official one would be redundant. I personally like the older regular space police better though, they look more like soldiers than the new ones, which is always a good thing.

Edited by JustinYum

Hi! I'm new here so this is post #1 from me.

I read through most of this thread with excitement since I recently purchased my thirst Lego boxes since childhood (I'm nearly 30 now). The new SP III sets really got me and I walked home with the Galactic Enforcer, Lunar Limo, SP Central and the Smash 'n Grab. They fill up most of my desk right; assembled of course :)

While reading through this thread I found an interesting discussion about the Raid VPR set. A small quote from user Oky Wan Kenobi on page 7:

"Raid VPR looks great as ever. :thumbup: I just hope it'll be cheaper than Amazon shows it. Also, I still think the name of the set is rather curious. I mean, who is doing the raiding here? With Batbrick's conspiracy theory in mind, I can't help but think that it's the space police... :look::look:" (Italics done by me)

Since I am Danish I believe that the reason for the Raid part of the name is simply translation gone wrong. In Danish the name of the set is "Razziafly" and since Lego is a Danish brand that might have been the original name. In Danish "razzia" is associated with police hitting down on something (which makes sense when looking at the set) but if you look at the word razzia in a Danish-English dictionary it will tell you the translation is "raid". Unfortunately raid in English isn't specifically a "police raid" unless said so.

I might be wrong in this but it does make sense to me that the Danish understanding of "razzia" got lost in translation.

I faced a hard decision the other day when the Space Police HQ set was on special for $100. I'm going to skip the set altogether just to save money, which is a shame because I love Craniac.

I did get the Lunar Limo though, and couldn't resist taking all the gold pieces out. It still looks okay minus the golden engine...

Unfortunately raid in English isn't specifically a "police raid" unless said so.

I might be wrong in this but it does make sense to me that the Danish understanding of "razzia" got lost in translation.

It should be fairly self-evident, considering the theme is called Space Police :wink:

It should be fairly self-evident, considering the theme is called Space Police :wink:

Yes, I should have stressed that the title discussion was focused on who was raiding who in the set? Space Police VPR raiding Squidman or the other way around. At least with the Danish title Razziafly (English: Raidplane) that is absolutely clear.

It was just a detail that caught my attention :)

Edited by Scurvy Lobster