On a scale of 1 to 5  

9 members have voted

1. 1. How do you rate this set?

• 1 - Poor
    • 2 - Below Average
    • 3 - Average
    • 4 - Above Average
    • 5 - Train-tacular!

It's a bright and sunny day in the train yard. Charlie and his construction friends are excited because they received their mail-order My Own Train Pullman Wagon Kit. They've decided to take images of their progress as they build the green wagon for the newest addition to Train Town.

My Own Train Green Passenger Wagon

Set #: 10015

Theme: Trains / 9V

Year Released: 2001

Piece Count: 194

Minifigs: 0

Track: none

List Price: $20 (USD)

01.jpg

I purchased this set as part of the My Own Train collection after seeing it for the first time in a 2001 Lego catalogue (the one with the bridge on the cover page). This, as well as the other train wagons would plunge me into collectiong 9V trains. One of my personal favorites of the collection is this simple, yet very nicely designed green Pullman.

So, what's a Pullman? A pullman car or coach was a luxury train wagon first operated by the Pullman Company, a U.S company founded by George Pullman. Pullman wagons were produced between 1867 to 1968 and were used on most American rail lines. More information regarding Pullman Wagons can be found on Wikipedia.

All of the Lego My Own Train collection have this beautiful boxart and pictures of other sets on the back of each box:

02.jpg

So, shall we get started?

Our construction team begins with a 6x24 train baseplate (what I call a standard sized train baseplate):

03.jpg

They assemble a layer of green plates around the base of the wagon. Also, a small furnace is placed within to provide heating for colder days:

04.jpg

A row of brown chairs fit within the middle to provide passengers comfortable seating:

05.jpg

Next comes the 2x3 train windows built atop a layer of standard bricks and another layer of green plates. I love the trans. blue window glass:

06.jpg

Green doors are placed at each end and the windows are capped off nicely with a row of black railed plates:

07.jpg

Using the crane car from the R/C Cargo Train, the roof sections are hoisted high into the air to be lifted onto the wagon:

08.jpg

Wait! Something seems to be wrong. According to the picture, Charlie's construction crew forgot a critical step. They forgot to add the wheel trucks:

09.jpg

Lucky for them, they still have the crain car which they use to lift the wagon placing the wheels beneath. It's a strain on the crane car, but it seems to work:

10.jpg

Adding the final touches and dusting off a few of the parts, Charlie's crew completes the green Pullman wagon:

11.jpg

Charlie is happy and shares a few other pictures of Pullman wagons that he found on the web:

12.jpg

I also used this wagon as the inspiration for my Ghost Train Haunted Train Coach:

0hauntedcoachx500.jpg

Charlie's summary of this set:

LIKES: First, the overall design looks great giving this train wagon a wonderful "track appeal". Standard green was a perfect color for this wagon before the dark green became available from Lego (used for the Emerald Night). The wagon includes 14 2x3 train windows. That's a lot and are very good parts for train fans. I also like the use of two classic-style train doors. Two printed "HC514" tiles add to the quality details of this set. In addition, the inclusion of four brown chairs and a small stove add to the nice detailing of the interior. Lastly, at a cost of $20 (USD) the set was reasonably priced.

DISLIKES: My biggest complaint about this set is that the roof does not come off easily. Previous trains had removable roofs that helped with playability. Although not hard to modify, it would have been nice for Lego to have done so with this set. A minifig or two would have also been nice for playability.

SUMMARY: As mentioned previously, this is one of my favorite train wagons among the My Own Train Collection. Adding a few of these cars (as is) to a steam locomotive makes a superb passenger train. The color looks fantastic, as well as the little details. I hope you've enjoyed this review in honor of Train Month. Choo Choo!

Great review TheBrickster! I also found it interesting to read that article on Pullman coaches as I always saw them as the same style and colour scheme as the car in 10194. The set looks like a good addition to any train, although maybe a bit short. But all LEGO wagons tend to be too short.

Again, great review, and if I ever see this set at a reasonable price on eBay, I'll consider grabbing it. Thanks TheBrickster! :classic:

Nicely done with the working people :thumbup:

I am a huge fan of this series, but unfortunately not particularly this wagon, but I do like the other wagons 10013/10016/10017 a lot

This review made me type in the search on ebay again :cry_happy: