RoodakaHK

Bionicle-2010?

Sounds like everyone in late 07 about 2008. ._.

[-TA-]

Well it was actually a fair assumption since Mata Nui woke up that year, and the entire series centered around waking Mata Nui . . .

Well it was actually a fair assumption since Mata Nui woke up that year, and the entire series centered around waking Mata Nui . . .

However, this situation is more plausible, because there's the biggest declination in the set quantity, not just due to the storyline wrapping itself up. BIONICLE can continue when it's story 'ends', but not when the sets do.

I don't believe that BIONICLE is going to end though, they'll just resolve and reboot the story completely like they should've at the end of 2008. The sets issue is just a temporary one to accommodate the Ben 10 sets, which I doubt will last for too long anyway.

However, this situation is more plausible, because there's the biggest declination in the set quantity, not just due to the storyline wrapping itself up. BIONICLE can continue when it's story 'ends', but not when the sets do.

I don't believe that BIONICLE is going to end though, they'll just resolve and reboot the story completely like they should've at the end of 2008. The sets issue is just a temporary one to accommodate the Ben 10 sets, which I doubt will last for too long anyway.

About the set quantity issue, I think the information we got about twelve impulse sets and only six canister sets is just for winter. I think the BIONICLE Stars are just commemorative sets that will run parallel to the other sets, and we just don't have any information on the canister sets as-of-yet.

About the set quantity issue, I think the information we got about twelve impulse sets and only six canister sets is just for winter. I think the BIONICLE Stars are just commemorative sets that will run parallel to the other sets, and we just don't have any information on the canister sets as-of-yet.

That's the strange thing, because there hasn't been any mention about other winter sets at all, despite hearing information about other LEGO lines that launch a few months later in the year.

Keeping in mind that the 12, 6 thing is currently just a rumor, it would make more sense that the rumor applies for the entire year, where there are only the Stars sets in the winter, with the new impulses and canisters coming out halfway through the year, followed by the bigger vehicle/titan sets.

From an entry on Bink's BZP blog posted exactly 1 month ago, on August 23rd:

A large part of my time is now directed to working on 2010 and, to a lesser extent, 2011. I have an overview of what we're going to do on the web for the next 2.5 years, which is good. I think a lot of it is stuff you guys will like. Some of it will be quite different from what you've seen or what you might expect. But overall, it's all good. I'm excited, and most importantly of all, it provides me with job security.
Edited by Vezon

I suppose they're just trying a new release scheme, then. Like maybe impulse, then canisters, then big sets. Or maybe impulse are replacing canisters, since they're as big as the Toa Mata these days.

Hey guys, I just wanted to say I was sorry for swearing and and being rude in this topic.

Don´t worry, I still love you...now apologize for this off-topic...

I have just noticed that Tahu has 2 colored arms (black shoulders, red arm) on that Stars poster ...probably just a preliminary pic...

Don´t worry, I still love you...now apologize for this off-topic...

I have just noticed that Tahu has 2 colored arms (black shoulders, red arm) on that Stars poster ...probably just a preliminary pic...

Thanks :) Yeah, I would assume it is prelim, it has that tell-tale watermark. I think they were also toying around with the golden Toa concept too.

~iL

Thanks :) Yeah, I would assume it is prelim, it has that tell-tale watermark. I think they were also toying around with the golden Toa concept too.

~iL

Well in the pics of the sets themselves, I believe Skrall has multi-colored arms. So maybe Tahu's multi-colored arms just weren't ready for that event thing...?

Well in the pics of the sets themselves, I believe Skrall has multi-colored arms. So maybe Tahu's multi-colored arms just weren't ready for that event thing...?

But the box art looks final . . .

Reasons Bionicle will probably not end:

1) The story is not wrapped up yet.

Explanation:

What about when Mata Nui gets home? When will he fight Makuta. He is more powerful then ever now? We need a story for that. I haven't bought The Legend Reborn yet, and I'm not really sure if it includes fighting Makuta, but I am almost positive that a 1 hour movie can hold that much story. I figure that it ends with him leaving Bara Magna.

2) It is one of Lego's best selling products

Explanation:

What is there to explain? Its survived for this long. It hasn't gone down in popularity since 2008. (Have you seen BZPower? Those are all hardcore Bionicle fans!)

3) THE MOVIE!!!

Explanation:

Why would they waste their money making a movie if they are not going to keep making Bionicle? Not a very good buisness plan there...

Thats it!

:devil: alexrider7 :devil:

Or just cause Binkmeister seems far too relaxed and happy about it :tongue:.

But yeah. Line's selling too well. Too much talk about 2011 planning and so on.

Reasons Bionicle will probably not end:

1) The story is not wrapped up yet.

Explanation:

What about when Mata Nui gets home? When will he fight Makuta. He is more powerful then ever now? We need a story for that. I haven't bought The Legend Reborn yet, and I'm not really sure if it includes fighting Makuta, but I am almost positive that a 1 hour movie can hold that much story. I figure that it ends with him leaving Bara Magna.

2) It is one of Lego's best selling products

Explanation:

What is there to explain? Its survived for this long. It hasn't gone down in popularity since 2008. (Have you seen BZPower? Those are all hardcore Bionicle fans!)

3) THE MOVIE!!!

Explanation:

Why would they waste their money making a movie if they are not going to keep making Bionicle? Not a very good buisness plan there...

Thats it!

:devil: alexrider7 :devil:

1. Technically the story did wrap in 2008 when Mata Nui awoke, which was what the whole story was about in the first place. Plus, it can be wrapped in one full year if they wanted.

2. I can list quite a few themes that were Lego's best sellers. But everything must end someday. Even Star Wars meets an inevitable end (the license actually ends very soon as well).

3. Films always have lots of money put into them and they can end up flops and ruin the franchise. Take Batman & Robin for example. And even if the movie is a success, the franchise may not.

The future can never be determined. But you still prep for it.

-Omi

1. Technically the story did wrap in 2008 when Mata Nui awoke, which was what the whole story was about in the first place. Plus, it can be wrapped in one full year if they wanted.

2. I can list quite a few themes that were Lego's best sellers. But everything must end someday. Even Star Wars meets an inevitable end (the license actually ends very soon as well).

3. Films always have lots of money put into them and they can end up flops and ruin the franchise. Take Batman & Robin for example. And even if the movie is a success, the franchise may not.

The future can never be determined. But you still prep for it.

-Omi

Greg just gave me an answer to a question about Bota Magna. He told me that Bota Magna had not been shown yet. That just made methink about all the story left to tell. Heck - the famed MN vs Terry battle might never be fought - the MU may have to end Terry. These threads are so large, Bionicle could never end this year. GregF said he would wrap up the story in 1 year if the line was to end. 2009 was the new 2001, and Bionicle was about to end then, but the myth grew larger and richer, as they continue to today.

I think what we'll get this year will be nothing different, with added Bionicle Stars.

So basically, Winter: 6 Bionicle Stars, 6 Normal Small Sets as usual, 6 Canisters and the usual boxed sets we get at the start of a year.

Summer: 6 canister sets, Large boxed sets as usual, most probably vehicles again.

Of course, my theory could be totally incorrect, but I doubt Lego would alter their release pattern too radically.

I mean TLG have released extra sets alongside their main sets - Toa Hagah anyone? They were essentially another two canister sets released surplus to the usual lot of two waves of canisters, weren't they?

So I can see the "Stars" being a wave of six sets released alongside the wave of normal small sets - so that makes twelve small sets, as predicted.

But I could be wrong about the canisters, after all, For all I know there's already bean a leaked list of canister names.

Enough rambling for now, it probably makes no sense to you guys - Sorry!

Regards

Will/Rocketbilly

I think what we'll get this year will be nothing different, with added Bionicle Stars.

So basically, Winter: 6 Bionicle Stars, 6 Normal Small Sets as usual, 6 Canisters and the usual boxed sets we get at the start of a year.

Summer: 6 canister sets, Large boxed sets as usual, most probably vehicles again.

Of course, my theory could be totally incorrect, but I doubt Lego would alter their release pattern too radically.

I mean TLG have released extra sets alongside their main sets - Toa Hagah anyone? They were essentially another two canister sets released surplus to the usual lot of two waves of canisters, weren't they?

So I can see the "Stars" being a wave of six sets released alongside the wave of normal small sets - so that makes twelve small sets, as predicted.

But I could be wrong about the canisters, after all, For all I know there's already bean a leaked list of canister names.

Enough rambling for now, it probably makes no sense to you guys - Sorry!

Regards

Will/Rocketbilly

I say wait until Tyranide has the catalog :)

I say wait until Tyranide has the catalog :)

Yeah, good idea.

Brings back memories of last year, when I was lurking here and the first catalogue pics of the Glatorian surfaced. I reecall they were a tad earlier than usual?

Am I right in saying this is the trade catalogue you're talking about?

Will/Rocketbilly

Yeah, good idea.

Brings back memories of last year, when I was lurking here and the first catalogue pics of the Glatorian surfaced. I reecall they were a tad earlier than usual?

Am I right in saying this is the trade catalogue you're talking about?

Will/Rocketbilly

If I recall correctly, it was some time in October.

And yes, we're talking about the trade catalogue. Normally, it contains images of the prototype sets. I remember the Glatorian prototype, which was WAY different from the final version (especially Gresh).

That reminds me, have we seen any Glatorian Legends prototype images?

And yes, we're talking about the trade catalogue. Normally, it contains images of the prototype sets. I remember the Glatorian prototype, which was WAY different from the final version (especially Gresh).

d'ya remember the tiny prototype catalogue images?

edit: http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/mamamia/...rian_summer.png

so guys, do you think the stars are bionicle 2010 canisters or impulse?

and if they're like a 10th anniversary gimmick then aren't they supposed to be released by now? Bionicles were released in late 1999.

Target says they're impulses, d'ya agree :O?

Edited by Phantoka_Chirox

Yeah. I remember those. I think there was speculation that gears were returning, when people saw the life counter pieces.

I also remember seeing Malum, and thinking at first he was a Titan set.

And the upside down zamor launchers.

I wonder how radically different the prototypes will be this time round?

I don't recall any prototype legends sets yet, but maybe they'll get shown at an upcoming event, or perhaps on the Legend Reborn DVD?

But I'm just guessing, as usual.

Thanks for clearing that up, anyway.

Will/Rocketbilly

Edited by Rocketbilly

and if they're like a 10th anniversary gimmick then aren't they supposed to be released by now? Bionicles were released in late 1999.

No, it wasn't -- it was released in most of Europe in spring 2001, with a few places (UK I think) as early as December 2000. The US got it in summer '01 and I've no idea 'bout the rest of the world. :P

Officially it began in 2001, making '10 the tenth year and '11 the anniversay.

-Ikk

Greg just gave me an answer to a question about Bota Magna. He told me that Bota Magna had not been shown yet. That just made methink about all the story left to tell.

Web serials. Thats all I gotta say. And that can be done during this year and next year. ;)

Target says they're impulses, d'ya agree :O?

Impulse just refers to them being small sets. The Agori were impulse. The Av-Matoran were impulse. Every small similar set in the previous years were impulse.

-Omi

Edited by Omicron

Dear bionicle lovers,

I looked today in the dealerscatalog of my local lego dealer and I am sorry to say that lego wrote something like the beginning of the end of the bionicle saga.

They wrote that it was a long story with many hero's and to make a tribute to the greatest hero's, called stars.

Every of the six sets from the beginning of 2010 has a golden piece, when you collect them all you can give one of them a golden armour.

As how I read it I think 2010 or 2011 will be the last year of Bionicle, so I will warn you on time.