JeffD984

Experience with COBI?

Hey everyone! My friend and I are curious to know if anyone has had owned one of the COBI Pirate sets and if so, what are your opinions of them? We are getting into MOCs and have made a couple of brickfilms. We have seen that they offer various ships but, we are also having a difficult time tracking down pictures and finding reviews of the sets to see if they worth getting into. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

So, Cobi are Polish bricks, similar to Lego bricks. Cobi are bad!!! Don't buy them! I don't have Cobi pirates sets, but i had two Cobi sets from other themes. Without comparision with Lego! They are very hard to stick. :pir-hmpf_bad: Minifigures are ugly! :pir-tongue: We are the Lego builders and we build MOCs from Lego. Other bricks (Cobi, Megablok etc.) are similiar to Lego, but they aren't Lego. Tip: Better buy 1 Lego set instead of 3 Cobi sets. :pir-sweet:

I had a Cobi set and I must agree, The bricks do not clip together. It spent me an hour completing one thing because it kept breaking apart and I keep getting real angry! :pir-angry:

So dont buy em, Well you can buy them to compare the Hulls against Lego Hulls, I believe other Lego Rip-off Hulls are more customizable than Lego ones. Or get the weapondry and helmets. :thumbup:

Thanks guys, this is pretty much the answer that we were looking for! It seems as if info on these sets is extremely rare, but I guess I now know why!

The non LEGO bricks are so useless, that of the last six collections I bought, any megblocks, kobi, or any other non LEGO I just threw away.

I have purchased about 50 pounds of LEGO in the last two weeks.

The non LEGO bricks are so useless, that of the last six collections I bought, any megblocks, kobi, or any other non LEGO I just threw away.

I have purchased about 50 pounds of LEGO in the last two weeks.

The new Halo Wars Mega Bloks themes are pretty good!

Yeah, but I never got that big into Halo. Maybe if they made something I was really into I would get excited. But I'll stay LEGO true through and through.

no offence, but in comparison to lego, this makes me wanna puke

Edited by kabel

no offence, but in comparison to lego, this makes me wanna puke

Agreed!

I really like halo though, but these sets are terrible.

And the minifigs look like crap too. :pir-angry:

Agreed!

I really like halo though, but these sets are terrible.

And the minifigs look like crap too. :pir-angry:

But take out the Mega Bloks guys and put some Brickforge Halo figures in there, Huzzah, Your done.

But take out the Mega Bloks guys and put some Brickforge Halo figures in there, Huzzah, Your done.

The vehicles are probably very annoying as well. (megablocks falls apart easily.)

The vehicles are probably very annoying as well. (megablocks falls apart easily.)

You dont like things falling apart? NEVER EVER try Enlighten Brick. I brought a space set, took me 5 hours to build 1 ship. I never finished it. :pir_laugh2:

You dont like things falling apart? NEVER EVER try Enlighten Brick. I brought a space set, took me 5 hours to build 1 ship. I never finished it. :pir_laugh2:

Ok thanks for the tip. :pir-tongue: