Sign in to follow this  
Shadows

Galactic Paranoia: The Conclusion

Damn! As Dragonator said for I think it was Witch Hunt Mafia

"We got played like a bunch of cheap violins" :tongue:

I must say I was suspicous of Escape the fate. Infact I almost voted against him on the last day but for some reason decided not too. :hmpf_bad::wacko:

Oh and in the last 2 days I got the ability to try and block someone I choose quarryman I think, then I was told he didnt do anything so the next night I blocked bob, Nothing happened I guess? :blush::wacko:

Good game everyone. Especially Escapethefate. you played us all! :laugh::blush::sadnew:

Come to think of it, I think the main thing that prevented this from being a good game under my rule was the fact that there were no clues. None. At all. At least, none that were humanly possible to actually detect. You guys were stuck just... guessing.

No clues combined with secret voting, which is a combination that benefits the scum very much. I also think secret voting requires a lot more of the host, while at the same time not giving enough in return.

No clues combined with secret voting, which is a combination that benefits the scum very much. I also think secret voting requires a lot more of the host, while at the same time not giving enough in return.

I'm not really a fan of secret voting, which is why I switched us off it at the merge. Voting is definitely one of the best ways to gauge loyalties and calls for a lot more skill on the part of the players.

Or me :hmpf: .

To all other participants: If you haven't realized from this and Baritones II, I am always the loyal bodyguard :laugh: , so don't kill me. Also, when I ask you to avenge my death, can't you keep you promises :hmpf: ? It might've helped a little bit.....

I saved you from dying for at least a day. :tongue: The main reason I didn't follow your wishes to kill Flak the night you were killed I also found out about Alice (or at least it was all around the same time). At that point, I knew for sure both Alice and Quincy were spies, and while I didn't trust Flak, I didn't have the solid proof I had for the other two. Alice was capable of killing people, and I felt it was a priority to get rid of her. I died shortly after. Even if I knew about Flak, I probably would have chosen to go after Alice anyway, as their were three spies at that point and only one Escape the Fate. Little did I know he was more powerful than any of us had imagined. :oh:

You have indeed tell me the truth, and if you are still alive, I wish I could duke it out with you. I took a risk, believe in you that Alice was converted at a certain stage. You are right all along, and that reinforce the thoughts of me and Boden as loyalists. Its a pity that we couldn't last against those fast switching voters.

I'm glad I was able to convince everyone to vote Alice at least. It's hard to say what would have happened on that final day, even with me alive, though I'd like to think you, I, and Bob could have convinced everyone. As it was, the remaining spies were obviously going to vote for one of the loyalists, and it only took one confused loyalist to turn the tides. I guess Darth Legois got caught up in the excitement and Escape the Fate's smooth talk and forgot what he was doing.

Dumbasses. I told you it was Fark.

No, you told us it was Kark, which got us all confused and wasn't helpful at all. :tongue:

Come to think of it, I think the main thing that prevented this from being a good game under my rule was the fact that there were no clues. None. At all. At least, none that were humanly possible to actually detect. You guys were stuck just... guessing.

I don't think it was the lack of clues as much as that it became impossible for us to find anything out without clues. The combination of secret voting and not being able to tell the identities of the dead made it hard to get enthusiastic about the game, because we had no idea what was going on.

Were there any clues besides the microphones?

I don't think it was the lack of clues as much as that it became impossible for us to find anything out without clues. The combination of secret voting and not being able to tell the identities of the dead made it hard to get enthusiastic about the game, because we had no idea what was going on.

I felt like I was really stretching it by allowing you to contact the spirit of Widanko, but it had some precedent after Florence in Baritones I and I felt like it had been really unfair to combine the role of investigator with mortician, but that had already been done before I took over, leaving you with a double loss in one lucky kill. Much like in Witch Hunt, there are a few things I take as sacred in a game like this, and one is alignment announcements. If the host says someone is something, they should be that, and not giving you the benefit of any alignment notification is asking too much, so after the merge I simply reverted to the standard "we checked their stuff and they are <alignment>" method to keep it fair.

When Hinck investigated me to see if I had been loyal or not, I :hmpf:'d knowing that you would have been better served checking out one of the living. As I recall, there was good reason to investigate Adam at that point and the revelation that he was bad would have saved Hinck from what happened the next night when Adam killed him. :laugh:

Were there any clues besides the microphones?

Not sure what else Johnny snuck in, I never spotted them myself, but I really thought the 'four in the hallway' moment would have given everyone a fighting chance, especially since you all received mostly the same message concerning it and I made it clear in the intercepted Black Sun message that it had to be one of the first three to appear (since they were complaining about being followed by someone). That should have at least partially cleared Ricecracker, who you guys promptly killed. :laugh:

In an aborted part of the plot, I sent you the message from Glarg, but once you were killed, there was no point having the plot go that way. I had intended to let you discover that he was a fake, I even hinted at something weird going on when Ricecracker recognised the hallway where he died as 'familiar' ... it was the same spot where I took the picture of Glarg. That would have indicated that he was actually in the base already and not 'coming to help' as he told you. Since the hallway situation seemed to go completely unnoticed, I dropped it.

Honestly, from a host's point of view, these games probably tend to look like a lot of blundering and mistakes, but we know all the secrets and all the misdirections, so it isn't fair to judge too harshly.

No, you told us it was Kark, which got us all confused and wasn't helpful at all. :tongue:

Once a witch, always a witch. :grin:

An excellent game in my opinion, with a worthy ending (although it does come very close to one of my classic vanity plots, if you know what I mean Shadows :wink: ). Good job on the hosting, Jlblue for the first bit and of course Shadows for the second half. You have a great hosting style, and I truly hope you decide to host your own game in the future. I had fun while I was around and found it to be a different experience.

Well done to Escape the Fate for a commendable effort, that role is always one of the hardest in these games. I congratulate you, and I think you deserve your new tag! :sweet:

(although it does come very close to one of my classic vanity plots, if you know what I mean Shadows :wink: )

I learned it from watching you, man, I learned it from YOU!

:tongue:

Sign in to follow this