Sign in to follow this  
Jipay

A good year for Lego...

The news has been released that LEGO is hopping to be at Zero in term of gains this year, but also in term of losses.

So the company is balanced again, and maybe next year will be positive (SW Episode 3 is coming). We don't have the news yet considering the range of products that helped to get this result but actually, we can expect that Spiderman 2 and Harry Potter 3 sold well.

This is great news because will see that creating quality sets with good content is enough to get consumers back.

Or maybe is it the positive effect of starwars lego re-relases ? :D

So DoubleT, I told ya ;)

Sometimes I am happy to be wrong :)

And yes 2005 will be an good year i think, not only because of Episode III, but Lego are making great sets now, and then there is Harry Potter 4 also next year.

122188_custom.jpg

Its just too bad for the people in the Lego Company who lost there job :(

Erm, it's not that bad. They were fired with a large compensation. And now the company is running a good business. I hope they found another job.

I only hope the star wars licence runs out in 2007 and that they won't take another one. I don't want to be like those hasrbo collectors who are buying just to get their collection complete.

Well there are rumors of an LOTR licens, i I think thats just wishfull thinking....

hm, why not? i'm sure it would sell very good!!! especially for AFOLs and for 12+ kids.... AND it would be a good licensed replacement line for castle (e.g. like starwars / space)

Well other movie would be good as Lego? X-Men? I Hope they make some for the Fantastic Four movie next year :-D

Well there are rumors of an LOTR license

Hmm.. that would be good. But I doubt it would happen, usually they rlease sets in time with movies (ie Harry Potter, Spiderman) and unless there is a LOTR 4, which isn't going to happen, then I doubt there will be any Lego.

Oh well, at least we got some nice LOTR customs online! : :D

Jon.

I don't think LOTR is really actual. The last movie is over and games workshop had the figs and battlegame licence. So it won't likely happen. I doubt Lego will buy an other licence if they can't release an ork or elf pack.

And who cares about having LOTR lego when we can see what you've created Jon ! I doubt Lego could do better ! :oD

And who cares about having LOTR lego when we can see what you've created Jon ! I doubt Lego could do better ! :oD

Thanks Jipay! *satis* But there are alot of LOTR customs out there.

Jon.

Hey there are not so bad, i actuly like them, and there are 4 knights and a king ;)

But you gotta like the new Black knights ;)

I like the light blue one, but I wish he was in white or grey. What am I talking about! Grey is blue now! :)

Have they not stated that they will not do any more movie licens products?

It's back to basics. And thanks for that!

P.S.

It's not my fault if Lego get's a better year.

Most of my money have gone to BL or Ebay for pre 2004 sets.

It's a grey thing :'(

But I guess you have had this discussion also?

No we hadn't... Wurprising ? no in fact we can't do anything so why complaining. We thought new grey was great for star wars customs, it ads to the old and use look of the starships.

And think that now new grey is the future. I think you should get new grey because one day you won't be able to get old grey anymore ;)

I know you are right ;)

But I'm a little :'( anyway.

The main problem is that there are not enough of the new ones!! :(

MOC'ing as I am, I depend on a full range of parts.

Actually I like the new light grey. It looks better. But the new Dark gray I will hate forever. *devil*

But back to the Lego story. Let's hope that they make it this year and go up next year :oD

We thought new grey was great for star wars customs

"we"??? *g* weren't there other opinions??? :P

i got used to the new greys, although i would love to see the return of the old tones.... |:| come on, lemme dream... :P

the light grey is okay, but the dark grey? hm.... would be nice as an additional color, but not as a replacement color.... guys, i hate myself for getting in my dark ages BEFORE lego sets became more colored then ever... :(

but I wish he was in white or grey

yes... if the knights where not that colorful i would buy some.... :/