Tarfful

Car Talk

Hey guys not really a car guy but I just found this topic and was wondering if anyone has a Subaru forester or outback? I need to upgrade from my 98 Mercury sable to a decent family car (I have a 2 year old and one on the way). I like the look of them but want to know details: gas mileage, reliability,yadda,yadda,yadda

Thanks in advance

Heres a few reviews you can trust, Its Parkers.com:

Subaru Forester (97-03)

Subaru Forestar (02-08)

Subaru Forestar (08)

Subaru Outback (03-09)

Subaru Outback (09)

See which one you prefer.

Ladies and gentlemen, please welcome the RS5 :

post-1-1266741838.jpg

:wub: All Audi's now are so sexy. I love the way the German companies are headed in terms of design. :thumbup:

:wub: All Audi's now are so sexy. I love the way the German companies are headed in terms of design. :thumbup:

All Audis? Have you seen some of the Audi's?

pic-14742.gif

2009-Audi-A3_0.jpg

Only the Audi A6 and A7, The main Saloons and the Audi TTS look good to me. The Audi R8 like Richard Hammond said "It's good, I just...Wouldn't want to own one, I wouldn't spend money on it".

The Audis look all quite similar with that plastic grille, whereas other Saloons have Chrome and Aluminum grilles:

2008_Jaguar_XF.jpg

Although I do like the Q5:

Audi_Q5_main.jpg

All Audis? Have you seen some of the Audi's?

pic-14742.gif

What the heck is this piece of junk? We don't have that in Canada. BTW I like the A3. Here's all the models available in Canada.

Concerning that Jaguar, I love it. I like the XJ better though I saw it at CIAS last week and it was gigantic! :oh:

dark%20xj%202010.JPG

Edited by prateek

I'd drive any Audi product, even the ugly short bus type of thing, it' be good for going to the bar.

I'd drive any Audi product, even the ugly short bus type of thing, it' be good for going to the bar.

It's probably good for driving the kids around too. Beats driving a big minivan when you don't have to.

It's probably good for driving the kids around too. Beats driving a big minivan when you don't have to.

True, I would never pick that vehicle, but I'd drive it.

When I have kid's, I want one of these to haul them around in.

2009_audi_q7_4_2_quattro_premium-pic-516540018651299323.jpeg

I just drove some Mercedes cars aroud a track without a licence :tongue::thumbup: My favourite was the E-Class, and the GLK was pretty cool too.

I know I'm just walking in with some randomness once again, but I've got a question.

For those of you who change your own oil, does it usually have a burning feeling to not clean your hands where you spill oil on them for five or so minutes?

Just curious, any answers appreciated.

I know I'm just walking in with some randomness once again, but I've got a question.

For those of you who change your own oil, does it usually have a burning feeling to not clean your hands where you spill oil on them for five or so minutes?

It doesn't happen to me. If it happens, you should just wear gloves next time or visit your doctor.

It's weird, because they're fine when I wash them, but it stings while the oil is on them. I might try the gloves, and see how that works.

It's weird, because they're fine when I wash them, but it stings while the oil is on them. I might try the gloves, and see how that works.

That means that you have cuts or open wounds on your hands. The oil and contaminants are getting in them causing a burning sensation. You could also have sensitive skin.

I wear gloves when I change the oil. It doesn't sting when it drips down my arm. You could have a sensitive to oil dirty motor oil.

Not at all, I think you have a hypersensitivity to something in the oil, I've had instances where my whole arm is damn near covered in oil. It just stinks for a day or two. I don't mean to talk down to you, but is it hitting your skin hot? I run my car and then let it sit for at least 5 minutes. And I have no burning sensation.

True, I would never pick that vehicle, but I'd drive it.

When I have kid's, I want one of these to haul them around in.

Q7, nice. Are you going to fill it up with children? :classic:

Q7, nice. Are you going to fill it up with children? :classic:

Not full, we are planning for two, but not for a few years.

Not full, we are planning for two, but not for a few years.

I have two. That's all I can fit in the back of my little subcompact VW. :classic:

I may have to get something a little bigger if they grow taller than me.

beetle2.jpg

I have two. That's all I can fit in the back of my little subcompact VW. :classic:

I may have to get something a little bigger if they grow taller than me.

beetle2.jpg

Haha, us in a few years you'll definetaly to upgrade.

That means that you have cuts or open wounds on your hands. The oil and contaminants are getting in them causing a burning sensation. You could also have sensitive skin.
It could be one of those, but the latter would only mean the outside of my hands are sensitive, nowhere else.
Not at all, I think you have a hypersensitivity to something in the oil, I've had instances where my whole arm is damn near covered in oil. It just stinks for a day or two. I don't mean to talk down to you, but is it hitting your skin hot?
No, it wasn't hot. My whole right arm was pretty much covered in oil, but only the back of my hands had the burning/stinging, so it does sound like that area of skin on my hands is just sensitive. Still weird... Edited by The Who

No, it wasn't hot. My whole right arm was pretty much covered in oil, but only the back of my hands had the burning/stinging, so it does sound like that area of skin on my hands is just sensitive. Still weird...

If it's only the back of your hand, you might want to see your doctor.

If it's only the back of your hand, you might want to see your doctor.

I agree, my uncle had sensitive hands and he even had to wear gloves out in the sun, maybe you have something similar.

Mot to scare you but it doesn't sound normal.

So my Dad is looking for a new car for my Mom and he had me go to our local VW dealer to check out the VW CC. I really dig this car, it's super luxurious inside and looks like a Benz on the outside. I hope she gets it so I can drive it sometimes.

2009-volkswagen-cc-vr6-4motion-front-rightjpg.jpg

So my Dad is looking for a new car for my Mom and he had me go to our local VW dealer to check out the VW CC. I really dig this car, it's super luxurious inside and looks like a Benz on the outside. I hope she gets it so I can drive it sometimes.

2009-volkswagen-cc-vr6-4motion-front-rightjpg.jpg

Luxurious Inside? Its plain Black and Silver. I don't find it luxurious at all. Pure Luxury is Leather (Or Faux Leather if your a Vegetarian like me) and Wood + Chrome! :thumbup:

I do like the look of it but Volkswagen need to make the Interior like the Phaeton, Lots of lovely turtle shell wood and lovely heated seats without steamy windows! :grin:

Luxurious Inside? Its plain Black and Silver. I don't find it luxurious at all. Pure Luxury is Leather (Or Faux Leather if your a Vegetarian like me) and Wood + Chrome! :thumbup:

I do like the look of it but Volkswagen need to make the Interior like the Phaeton, Lots of lovely turtle shell wood and lovely heated seats without steamy windows! :grin:

Unless you get the two tone sport package!:

volkswagen-passat-cc-first-drive-04.jpg

Best Interior I have ever sat in very comfortable in the front, but for someone who is 6 foot 4, the back seats are way to small with the low roofline.

I drove in the VR6 AWD version at the dealer, and the VR6 really has some good "get up and go", I love the car. :thumbup:

Yup, the sport package gives you a sweet interior. My dad would go all out and get the VR6 4motion, so no worries there. I agree that the back is too small for a tall Guy like me, but there was plenty ofroom in the front. My sister and I are both grown and live on our own, so this car would really be just for my mom and dad.