Tarfful

Car Talk

Sorry for the V8, I must have been confused at the time :grin: I saw the same episode, and I agree the car is insane. I'm still not sure about the look though, as it is pretty extreme, I wonder how it will be percieved in some years.

I'm with you on the looks. While not bad, its not great either. I much prefered the R34 Skyline over this one. That, and it had a real manual tranny, and not the flappypadle gear box that many seem to flaunt over.

HI I AM NEW HERE ARE U

Yay? You might want to turn off CAPS LOCK and put this post in the "Hello My Name Is..." forum.

As for the GTR, I don't really like the front but the back is awesome. I like the spoiler on it too. And I agree with 5150 that the R34 looks better.

Whoever mentioned the asymmetrical dashboard on the GTR is going to get a big ol' :angry: from me. Now I can't stop looking at the air conditioning vents and how they are not lined up, it's really bugging me for some reason. :wacko:

Oh well, not like I was planning on getting one anytime soon anyways, hopefully they'll redesign the interior by 2012 (or before if I win the lottery).

Whoever mentioned the asymmetrical dashboard on the GTR is going to get a big ol' :angry: from me. Now I can't stop looking at the air conditioning vents and how they are not lined up, it's really bugging me for some reason. :wacko:

Oh well, not like I was planning on getting one anytime soon anyways, hopefully they'll redesign the interior by 2012 (or before if I win the lottery).

Hopefully you don't get mad at Jipay, you always have to be nice to Jipay :tongue:

Edit: Reason, vehicle owner request.

Edited by 5150 Lego

Edit: Reasoning, vehicle owner request.

Edited by 5150 Lego

Edit: Reasoning, vehicle owner request.

Edited by prateek

Ok, so you just borrow those fast cars?
Dou you mean the fast car? Because that would just be the Viper.

Only 1000 made though? I'd hate to see the bill for that... And probably be scared to risk driving it, as many idiots are on the road around here.

Only 1000 made though? I'd hate to see the bill for that... And probably be scared to risk driving it, as many idiots are on the road around here.

But he said he used some guy's GT-R before too.

Ok, so you just borrow those fast cars?

Not exactly. Some cars belong to friends that let me take them for a Spin. :wink:

Yes, 1,000. This is the GTS-R version of the standard Viper. In 98', Chrysler competed in the FIA GT2 race series. They entered there viper with was very competitive, but found with a few aerodynamic tweaks, they could do better. But rules say that any aerodynamic improvements done, also had to be done to the production car as well. This was so manufacturers didn't go hog wild with wings and such. So to conform with the rules, dodge released 1,000 (that was the minimum to be considered production) limited production GTS-R Vipers.

Edit: Pics removed by request of vehile owner

But he said he used some guy's GT-R before too.

That was a friends. Well, actually it was a buddy of a buddy. Good guy though. I didn't get to drive it hard. Just accelerated fast.

Edited by 5150 Lego

Price when new was upwards of $100,000 If kept in good condition and low miles, there actually worth more. (this one is a 98' and only has 16,000 miles.

I didn't get to drive it hard. Just accelerated fast.

Not as much as I expected it to cost, but still expensive. I love that car. :wub:

'Just' accelerated fast, huh? Sure you did. :wink:

Edited by booger540

I just realised my uncle has a Viper GTS-R. Or it could be a regular Viper with a GTS-R kit :sceptic:

Edited by prateek

Not as much as I expected it to cost, but still expensive. I love that car. :wub:

'Just' accelerated fast, huh? Sure you did. :wink:

Well it might have taken a few corners with aggression, but other than that nothing big. Those cars (the Nissan GT-R) have a "Launch control". You put the car in race mode, turn off the traction control, Hold the brake and rev the engine to about 5,500, to 6,000RPM's. Release the brake and the car launches forward. Using this method the car will reach 60MPH in a tad over 3 secs. I was offered to try this feature out, but these cars have been known to break their transmissions this way. Didn't want to be responsible for a $10,000 Transmission (this doesn't include the labor to install it) so i settled with a gradual "Hard acceleration". :wink:

Release the brake and the car launches forward.
Yes, that's deffinately an easy way to mess something up, and it can always come out worse than expected.

How was the handling on the Viper? Did it drive real smooth and steady, or...?

Post Edit: Reason, vehicle owner request.

Edited by 5150 Lego

How about the weight distribution ? Seems like the nose might be massively heavy (and freaking long !) ?

Sorry about this guys. Due to some "Conflict of interest" :hmpf_bad: cause the Vehicle is at my work i have been requested to cease discussion pertaining to it. I'm really sorry. :sad:

I just had a butchers at the new Jaguar XJ options on their website and I just saw the best interior design ever. Amazing. Shame the car with my options comes to £83,000...

However within 5-10 years when I will be able to afford a good car, It will be around £40-50k.

But just have a look:

int_gb_cj_jscql01b_a-tbc1_a-trjt63b_a-veneer4.jpg

And this one isn't that bad:

int_gb_cj_jscql01b_a-tbc1_a-trjt62_a-veneer4.jpg

And this one isn't that bad:

int_gb_cj_jscql01b_a-tbc1_a-trjt62_a-veneer4.jpg

I like the purple one. It goes good with the blue in the centre console :thumbup:

I like the purple one. It goes good with the blue in the centre console :thumbup:

But I lurve the way its just all Brown. Especially if the seats are leather and heated. That would be amazing to just sit in, all day long. It reminds me a designer chair in a big hotel Lobby. :wub:

My neighbor has an XF, the interior looks really cool from the outside. Just like those pics but a smaller version.

My neighbor has an XF, the interior looks really cool from the outside. Just like those pics but a smaller version.

Like this:

int_gb_cv_jscql01b_dvcla_a-tr06_vsab.jpg

Yeah, I would prefer a XJ though. Better Interior and better headlights.

Jaguar can be good saloons but that's it. They've never been portrayed as good sports cars. I think they are way over rated.

Just look at the Merc SLS, now that's something !